Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 5

gregzagk

I think the fighter capability balance is quite good.

Whether you're red or blue, it's a relatively bad idea to go alone against a two-ship face to face out in the open. This is very different from a situation with AIM-120 and ET where these missiles' fire-and-forget capability allows one to potentially engage two at a time and come out victorious. This emphasizes fighter team tactics, which is good!

Also I think it's lovely that chopper pilots have compensation for the ungodly long flight times by having a real feeling of tactical power with transport choppers having numerous things to do and Kamovs just ripping everything to pieces if they get a chance :)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, let me say THANKS to xcom and everyone who put effort on making this.

This is the best thing that could happen to DCS. IMHO this is even better than any plane module.

It give us and objective in DCS!!!! finally!!!! after 12 years and is coming from the community! This needs team coordination and put STRESS on the pilots with objectives that are not only "fragging".

I did fly cap for 1 hour with not a single contact and I WAS happy because I was protecting our CAS guys and choppers.

Also huge thanks to everyone who does GCI and Heli drivers.

---------------------------------------------

These are some point that I think are affecting us on the red side:

- The majority of red are "Lonewof" and I think that is impacting our coordination as blue have squadrons already organized that know each other. I can see that when we have the 51sq guys on our side that they actually have coordination on their flights and you can see the difference.

- What the GCI guys are doing is great but we need some kind of brevity on the TS.. most of the time we have people asking, how do I turn on the chopper or yelling about how he got killed or where is the FARP or how do I drop things?? !!!

I would suggest ask in TS chat or in game chat but don't start talking about it.

- Improve the coms in TS, Have the flights in their own channel that GCI can contact them. Sometimes is impossible to hear the GCI guys because of all the reports commings from the pilots.

----------------------------------------------

As to balance team yes all the times I have been on, Red have been outnumbered 2 to 1 or 3 to 1. I guess I will leave that to the dev of blue flag so see if there a way to balance this or needs to come from our side.

----------------------------------------------

As a MIG21 driver I'm happy even thou my success chances are the lowest but I love to fly the plane and the challenge.

Here are some great moments that happen yesterday:

>mfw he tries to be the xtremeeee edgy kid at school and does not even know how mfw works or what it means.

You know how to green text? I bet you're the hacker called Anonymous!

Its not like they removed our ET and ER Missiles, which forces us to get into like 10km-Range to actually hit something.

The point was that the slammer was too strong because of the fire and forget capability that ARH provides. Removing it "levels" the playing field by forcing both sides to use missiles that are SARH (ignoring the T's and 73's) which have approximately the same range.

Edited by IASGATG

I do think that Greg and Xcom should consider switching Redfor and Bluefor sides of the map for Round 6 and making no changes to the settings (except for bug fixes, like helo spawn issues.) It would be equivalent to sports where at the end of a quarter, period, etc. where sports teams change sides on the field of play as seen in soccer, football, hockey, etc.

This would challenge the base positioning being harder/easier to defend.

- What the GCI guys are doing is great but we need some kind of brevity on the TS.. most of the time we have people asking, how do I turn on the chopper or yelling about how he got killed or where is the FARP or how do I drop things?? !!!

I would suggest ask in TS chat or in game chat but don't start talking about it.

- Improve the coms in TS, Have the flights in their own channel that GCI can contact them. Sometimes is impossible to hear the GCI guys because of all the reports commings from the pilots.

This happens on blue also, when round 5 started comms was a mess. Although whisper lists can and do help, it would be awesome if one day we can implement aries or universe.

Goon

ASUS ROG Maximus VII |Intel i7-7700K@ 4.80Mhz|CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 @ 3000 |GTX 1080 Ti | Windows10-64bit| 3x24" Samsung 1080p| 1x 28" Samsung 4k| Thrustmaster Warthog| Saitek Rudder pedals| TrackIR 5 | Samsung Odyssey

;2681303']Server is showing up on the Web App with no one connected to it but its not showing on the MP list.

Thanks, yes internet connection issue due to a maintenance in the area of the server.

Should be ok now.

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

mfw Redfor outnumbers Blufor 3:1

mfw Redfor can't capture a farp 60nmi from their nearest fighter base despite the teamstack

mfw Redfor loses a city in the process

OK I could not help it... :D

readImage.thumb.jpg.40524440cdb8dc82c2f89081c924364d.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

First of all I am really happy that Blue Flag started again. I had lots of fun in the previous rounds and I am grateful for all the effort you guys put into this event.

I got quite hyped during the testing period… all the cool chopper stuff! Also I like the idea of having limited fuel supply but the way it is implemented now is kind of… well… painful… Especially the distances between the red airbases in the east (and middle) are ridiculous to transport fuel by chopper.

Since fuel transports by AI convoys or planes are apparently not an option how about some kind of “static fuel supply”:

Distribute a certain amount of refineries (or oil rigs or whatever) over the map (say 5 for each coalition). Every working refinery in the hand of on side provides a certain amount of fuel (e.g. 1/min) to all airports of the corresponding coalition. That means at the beginning of the campaign every airport has an income of 5 fuel per minute (equal to one new plane every 10 minutes). By destroying the enemy’s assets one could reduce their income (and by conquering increase the own income).

Additional fuel transports from refineries or less used airports to the front should be possible in case an airport on the frontline runs out of fuel. But these fuel transports should be some emergency measure rather than the main fuel income…

Well, just my little suggestion… I don’t know what you guys think about it but I like the idea… or maybe I would just like to blow up a refinery in DCS…

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greg what's the progress on you "gathering feedback" so far? :)

Only Kub possible to be dropped by choppers, or also same with other SAMs ? (That UH-1 deploys/rearms Buk, Tor, Tunguska, Osa ?)

And Greg, can we just test just including 1x Tor + 1x Osa somewhere between the most important cities/FARPs/airfields with 2-3 ground commander slots per team? (so sth. like max 6 Osas + 6 Tors in the mission, no other ground units?)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Server is responding extremly slow. Everything that reqires server communication takes minutes. Select a slot? Well nothing happens and then 5 minutes later your name appears in the field. Want to pick up a crate? Minutes after selecting the crate it finally appears in front of me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This happens on blue also, when round 5 started comms was a mess. Although whisper lists can and do help, it would be awesome if one day we can implement aries or universe.

I sincerely hope Aires get implemented. It would be frigging awesome to have flights on one frequency and AWACS on another along with secure voice.

That being said whisper lists DO help and it would be good to have a plan so in the future people don't end up in channels with minimal GCI support.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.