Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 5

gregzagk

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a drastic difference between those that are used to play with eachother and have optimzed coms and those that spend more time trying to understand the order or question from GCI or random fellow in chat, than they spend executing the order. Just today I heard on TS a pilot fly himself to death only because of misunderstandings.

ProTip:

Always say you name first when contacting GCI :) - Hey I need picture ? <- Who is "I"

No matter the tools given, any team that have good teamwork will win the day! Or join the server first.. (muhaha) :megalol:

That to me is the biggest difference between Blue and Red. Most of the squadrons are in Blue and in Red except few all the rest are lonewolf.

They are not use to use brevity .. , also Voice activation should no be allowed.

GCI should have some knowledge on how to guide and give "simple" but understandable orders.

Also they need to have knowledge on the strength and disadvantage of each plane.

Setup contra rotary caps / use decoys / offset / cross over engagements.

Still as I say, I enjoyed every second.

Yesterday I switched to helo help putting EW radars so our fighters have eyes and drops iglas all over the place. Finally I switched to GCI for helos.. It was real fun!

Super intense not having a clue where the enemy is and going behind enemy lines!

Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 5

;2683818']I have it all recorded :D

You guys were warping for me too as you see in the video ;)

That was me in that Shark!! Was hiding there for quite a while and was inches from evading that A-10C, didn't want to jettison!! Mission first hahahah! Too bad we lost our CGI, with air cover would have been a different story nice flying to everyone! This game is so awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Dafiew

Simflyin' since 1985 :smartass:

Hey, we use the stable version of DCS World (not open beta).

So if it will update to 1.5.3 we will go there also.

Greg

The Update is Live,so yes. I updatet my Game.

What is a man if he loses his homeland? We, the pilots, must fly and take the first and the strongest impact of the aggressor on ourselves so we could save at least one child in this country.

Major Zoran Radosavljevic *26.02.1965 +26.03.1999

Legenda si bio, legenda ostao...

They are not use to use brevity .. , also Voice activation should no be allowed.

Yes, hot mics are extremely annoying.

GCI should have some knowledge on how to guide and give "simple" but understandable orders.

I agree, some people need to understand less is more. Taking up the comms for 30secs to describe a hostile activity takes away from fighters coordinating the attack. I'm slowly learning how to be a better GCI round by round so that there are better engagements.

Also they need to have knowledge on the strength and disadvantage of each plane.

Knowledge is an asset, but not a necessary requirement. I have very basic knowledge in DCS but if you ask any member on Bluefor who I have partnered with, they would tell you that my work is extremely helpful.

Server crashed

My system:

Intel Core i7 4770K@3.5Ghz, 16Gb Crucial 1600mhz DDR3, MSI GTX660 Gaming, Scythe Mugen 4, Samung 850 EVO 500GB, Fractal Design Define R4, WD Green 2TB, Windows 10

TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Rudders

DCS:

A10C, UH-1, F15C

"When everything seem to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it..."

Henry Ford

Upgrade your server!

You are welcome!

Server updated and had a small maintenance,

Thanks for your patience.

I was hoping that the 'big release' would include dedicated server, but no, it seems we're still stuck with Operation BlueLag.

Really proud that you are still stuck with us. Thanks a lot :)

Greg

Edited by gregzagk

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

I agree but ppl shouldn't be kicked or forces out of the server just because they can't use their mic ...

But you can listen to the gci

What is a man if he loses his homeland? We, the pilots, must fly and take the first and the strongest impact of the aggressor on ourselves so we could save at least one child in this country.

Major Zoran Radosavljevic *26.02.1965 +26.03.1999

Legenda si bio, legenda ostao...

On the other hand I started as a totally newbie and have learned all I know via the good people in REDFOR TS/OBF.

I also enjoy every second the server allow us to. I only open DCS for Operation Blue Fæag :D

And it is very nice to have such a competent BLUFOR that make it xtra hard to just stay around trying to defend some airspace knowing you have little chance to survive a meeting with their elite fighter jocks

That to me is the biggest difference between Blue and Red. Most of the squadrons are in Blue and in Red except few all the rest are lonewolf.

Setup contra rotary caps / use decoys / offset / cross over engagements.

Still as I say, I enjoyed every second.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Recent update (1.5.3.) brought up something that crash the Blue Flag server at start.

Still investigating. Thanks for your patience.

Greg

Whoa, a DCS update that causes issues. That's unexpected :lol:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Found it, trying to implement a fix asap. (well ciribob will :D)

It's connected with picking up a fuel crate. The server crashed in the start as someone was trying to make a delivery fast :)

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Found it, trying to implement a fix asap. (well ciribob will :D)

It's connected with picking up a fuel crate. The server crashed in the start as someone was trying to make a delivery fast :)

Greg

Let make pause as mach as you need, than just extend play time for equal duration and time bound missing.

Небо - это точка опоры...

=WRAG=OSA

http://wings-of-russia.ru

Knowledge is an asset, but not a necessary requirement. I have very basic knowledge in DCS but if you ask any member on Bluefor who I have partnered with, they would tell you that my work is extremely helpful.

Probably one of the top GCI's I've worked with thus far

Goon

ASUS ROG Maximus VII |Intel i7-7700K@ 4.80Mhz|CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 @ 3000 |GTX 1080 Ti | Windows10-64bit| 3x24" Samsung 1080p| 1x 28" Samsung 4k| Thrustmaster Warthog| Saitek Rudder pedals| TrackIR 5 | Samsung Odyssey

Recent update (1.5.3.) brought up something that crash the Blue Flag server at start.

Still investigating. Thanks for your patience.

Greg

Anyone know if 1.5.3 has been pushed out for steam? Gotta admit I hate the way ED pushes out updates like this... multiple installs... delayed patch releases... etc. Fractures the community.

Edit: Sunday has been suggested on the hoggit subreddit for when the release will be pushed out on steam... attempting to use the dcs updater to upgrade... will update if it works.

Edit2: Seems I deleted all my terrain attempting the above, perhaps someone more knowledgeable will know the proper method / a work around... if not I wouldn't recommend attempting the above.

Edited by Tibet

Fixed the crashing issue, server is up :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord