Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 5

gregzagk

Ciribob our 21st century hero. :) (After the pilot who landed the passenger aircraft in the river some year ago... ;) )

Server full... possible to run a 2nd server too?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;2683818']I have it all recorded :D

You guys were warping for me too as you see in the video ;)

Well, I wasnt warping when you gunned me, but you rubberbanded away twice when I managed to get on your six the sortie after when I was about to take revenge and got two sweet 73 solutions, lost you on the second one cause you extended but the game kept me in a turning fight. One glitch and you were gone :huh: then you got me, one mistake too much.

Well whatever, its not your fault. The game will eventually improve and the time will come when I'm experienced enough to get you. only started fighters after watching the 99th guys grilling red su27s from a huey in round 3, I'm learning as fast as I can ;) everytime you get me a little more :joystick::pilotfly:

Some Feedback:

- After live reset the PAK is not appearing via F10 menu for some time.

- FARP spawn still a huge issue, spawn kills still etc. I have no solution to this with Heli cold start. (and FARP spawn needs to be cold see below)

- Heli HOT spawn, since Trans doesn't cost lives a hot spawn on a airbase/airfield even with the Bunker-closing mechanic is IMHO a bad idea. Airframe spam should be prevented. On FARPs this is already implemented but not on airfields.

-^rule clarification about respawn on FARPs/airbases that are being attacked. A 373 member dropped into blue TS3 channel and asked us not to respawn anymore on a FARP that he attacked, appealing to us that this is not how the system is intended. While I agree strongly in core with this, I believe in a competitive setting, this stuff must be reflected by the rules/systems - since we as blue attackers have to deal with the same. Would like a word from admins on this. <3

-Fuel logistics, first as said before, the amount of fuel transported via crate is WAY too low, frustrating for both sides afaik. My suggestion would be atleast 1,5k fuel PLUS I very much like the idea of static 'refinery/supply' areas that need to be captured & held. This could be done for SAMs too.

- Stingers/Manpads, I use that stuff a lot, but to be honest, they are a bit OP in this scenario. Especially in night missions I feel this asset gives a little too much power to transport. (This hurts to admit as a Mi-8 pilot^^)

- Weather, I still find the weather & crosswinds to be overboard at times. I can certainly live with 'some' wind in all of the missions, just tone it down a bit in the extremes. :)

- NO live restriction for Heli Trans, as a Mi-8 pilot myself, I am deeply conflicted about this. On one hand I really like being able to fly the whole time without real restrictions. On the other I feel it cheapens not only my experience but that of others aswell. Somebody might kill me 5 times, going out of ammo and getting frustrated. With aggressive respawn & fast take off I might really do some serious damage on an attacking or defending force (CTLD) etc. So yes, conflicted^^

- Newbies & TS3, if you are not in teamspeak, you are doing it wrong. If you can talk or not you NEED to listen in, even if it is VERY confusing at first, you will learn a lot.

Awesome round overall, having big fun!

Edited by ApoNOOB

When Rangzar takes a slot, the whole map experiences lag and shortly have random amount of players disconnect from the server all within 5 seconds. Like batches of 10-15 players. I'm sure if the server admins look at the logs, they will see that clearly.

This is why multiple people shouted out in chat in on TS to get off the server.

;2683818']I have it all recorded :D

You guys were warping for me too as you see in the video ;)

Cool vids Mav but i'm a bit dissappointed where is the one where you're screaming for help like a Bluefor girl while Frostie is shooting you down. :devil_2: j/k

Guess i'm on the list now. :D

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

When Rangzar takes a slot, the whole map experiences lag and shortly have random amount of players disconnect from the server all within 5 seconds. Like batches of 10-15 players. I'm sure if the server admins look at the logs, they will see that clearly.

Should have a max ping autokick feature if it's possible in DCS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simflyin' since 1985 :smartass:

Not sure if this is unique to myself... but I'm now unable to occupy the forward observer slot. Text appears greyed / blacked out... recently transitioned to the standalone version of the game from steam, is this a module issue?

I think it was disabled for non-combined arms owners for some reason as I have the same issue.

Then why was this happening when I was on the server for 30+ mins all fine?

where is the one where you're screaming for help like a Bluefor girl while Frostie is shooting you down. :devil_2: j/k

We both know you got lucky mate......

Na I'm kidding, you took me down fair and square! I just sat and stared at the screen for a couple of seconds after I got hit... hating myself that I fell for it!

You guys timed that move perfectly!

S!

(you're always on the list mate)

;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

First off i want to say i think this version of blueflag is better than the previous ones as its more factors in play than before.

Here are some toughts/wishes/comments.

- I wished there was some way to whitelist on the servers, as this campaign has increased in popularity, we continously get ppl who log in and havent even read up on it and it would be interesting to know how much fuel they waste by changing planes on the airport, or land and then select a new slot of plane of the same type cause they think its like the other servers.

-Guest slots, for those not registered or whitelisted there should be a few guest slots they could use so they could try the campaign, right now many slots can be taken by guests who spend 30 min figuring stuff out before logging, or taking all the observer slots.

-fuel depots might be a good idea, if it was possible that when u had one it would slowly refuel your airport (oil rigs at sea? ai ships? just brainstorming)

This will relief those who fly choppers some to do some fun stuff instead.

Also if no choppers is online the jet fighters could cap an oil field that would slowly fill the airport and they would at least have a chance to defend a bit.

-Wish there was a way that the server checked if u were on teamspeak before it would let u play :-P

Probably a lot of the things is limited by the structure the whole server environment is built upon, but Blueflag proves that people love playing togheter in a dynamic environement and hopefully ED can make it so people can make great multiplayer content that works smoothly :-D

Edited by Proctoron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Has there been a Blue Flag with ARIES/TARS yet?

Having ~30 users in a channel, some with VA, results in many unnecessary "blocking" calls. Inter-flight comms disturbing GCI/HQ calls, hot micing and so on. I know there are whispers but mostly not used (for imo understandable reasons) and they can't be forced like e.g. a radio simulation would be.

Of course there are downsides to it too (installation, stability, neglection) but what are your thougts on it? I'm well aware that this surely is something that won't be changed in a ongoing round, just asking what others have on their mind regarding this topic.

Edited by lukrop

Hey guys again thanks for the effort for having the server up few mins after the update for us lazy bastards to have some fun!

One things that I saw after the update that could help to iron out for the next one:

- Server is in "easy" mode. Some of the spawn point I even starter hot with the engines on. - Labels are on.

- F11 view is enable.

- The package por the choppers changed and now is a UAZ

Yesterday I have huge fun with the Jolly green team ! doing CSAR and assaults!

CSAR

COORDINATED ASSAULT

Thanks!

Should have a max ping autokick feature if it's possible in DCS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed. When you have 20+ people discconnected from the server within 2 mins and then rejoin shortly after, it's not because of rage quit.

DC2.PNG.5d7de41bd87d068ca5c92cfb0d6e7dc9.PNG

DC3.PNG.84b319bc2f6148f862cd2d4f228e4163.PNG

DC4.PNG.57eedf9a27ef074f6d6b3324a2827fae.PNG