3-minute Align: When does it start?

Nealius

I had been having issues with incorrect compass readings which appear to be linked to not allowing my jet's navigation system align for 3-minutes before takeoff. The Su-25A and Su-25T manuals say nothing about a 3-minute align, and I would like to know when the align time actually starts. Does it start when the electrical system is turned on? When the engines are running at a stable RPM? When?

• 3 weeks later...
And when you start in the runway?

I think when you do a runway start it assumes that everything is already aligned & good to go.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

I think when you do a runway start it assumes that everything is already aligned & good to go.

Now I remember an answer from a member of the ED team in an old thread stating the same, so let's trust it.

Vista, Suerte y al Toro!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

3 mins?? press right shift + L and wait for the HSI to settle then start the engines... maybe like 20 seconds.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

3 mins?? press right shift + L and wait for the HSI to settle then start the engines... maybe like 20 seconds.
That way the alignment last only for a short time, any hard bank or medium G-load will throw it all off and neither ADI nor HSI will work properly.
Edited by Beagle One

OK, so this screenshot I took long ago wasn't really a bug? smile.gif
No, that's a feature. A lot of player still underestimate the sophistication in the two Su-25. You have to keep in mind that the Su-25T and later Su-25A were the very first AFM models back then in FC1 setting the benchmak at that time.