What is Batman doing with a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS?

7rooper

Hi, Guys

I noticed that in the most recent, claimed as the final, Batman vs Superman trailer, the guy who helps Batman, presumably Alfred, is controlling the Bat plane with a TM HOTAS Warthog and it seemed to me very curious that the Hollywood artists couldn't make up an original prop and used instead a commercial joystick!!!!

Interesting. isn't it?

See here at 0:03

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

Really? Awesome!! We own a top class Joystick!

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

Most joysticks on the market, past and present have made it into movies/television. Prop guys look for things that already exist when feasible (they have budgets, too).

The original Star Trek scalpel was actually a Danish modern salt shaker. My family had a set of the same ones when I was growing up.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The sci-fi film Wing Commander used surplus English Electric Lightning cockpit canopies too.

If you look for them, you'll find real world stuff all over Hollywood films.

Or the Mi-24 used as an ambulance in a FireFly episode, or that fact that they used a lot of airliner control columns and throttle quadrants for their space ship controls.

I'm not talking about using real world vehicles, stuff, kitchenware or venues. My point is that Wayne industries uses its own top technology and I believe the artist or director of this new movie though that this joystick looked badass and no one would notice they bought it on Amazon ☺

My rig specs:

I'm not talking about using real world vehicles, stuff, kitchenware or venues. My point is that Wayne industries uses its own top technology and I believe the artist or director of this new movie though that this joystick looked badass and no one would notice they bought it on Amazon ☺

Or if you're building your own super secret stuff, then going with off-the-shelf components might be the way to go. Customized designs might not stay under the radar too long.

Hi, Guys

I noticed that in the most recent, claimed as the final, Batman vs Superman trailer, the guy who helps Batman, presumably Alfred, is controlling the Bat plane with a TM HOTAS Warthog and it seemed to me very curious that the Hollywood artists couldn't make up an original prop and used instead a commercial joystick!!!!

Interesting. isn't it?

See here at 0:03

Well spotted! You should add it to the list http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144091&highlight=riddick :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

What about the throttle? Can anyone make it out? I can kind of see the red china hat, so I'm thinking they are using the throttle as well.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

It's a bat-joystick.

It always been like this in Batman anyway. Innocent looking items that actually are high technology, bat-death dealers and bat-cool attitude giving devices

That bat ladder sure looked a lot like a regular ladder.

Talk about that bat-shark-repellant, so similar to a spray paint can.

This guy is really good...

you can see a lot of X52s in movies because of its shape and blue lights

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

• 2 months later...

waiting for the "Batman vs Superman Alfred Joystick" ads to hit ebay....

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs