A-10C Terrain in DCS World 2.0

thenewarea51

Hi,

I haven't flown the A-10C since beta some 5 yrs ago. I downloaded DCS world 2.0 and when I click A-10C (Which I downloaded), it doesn't let me fly... I can only see the logbook and encyclopedia. What am I missing here? Is the map a separate download? I was looking for the map on the website and can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks,

Franz

Gateway FX6801-01

Intel Core i7 950(3.06GHz)

WD VelociRaptor 300GB

9GB DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 Driver: 258.96

Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2

Logitech Extreme 3D stick

Saitek pedals and throttle

28" Hanns-G single monitor (1900X1200)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:joystick:

DCS 2.0 only works with the NTTR Terrain DLC at the moment. So you'll need to purchase that to be able to use DCS 2.0.

For now, if you don't want to purchase anything, use DCS 1.5 until they merge the two and the Caucuses region is available in 2.0.

v2.0 / NTTR are considered Early Access.

v1.5 is considered the current Stable version.

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

Thanks for the reply, makes sense now that you say 2.0 only works with Nevada map. Turns out I qualify for NTTR map. Thanks guys!

Franz

Gateway FX6801-01

Intel Core i7 950(3.06GHz)

WD VelociRaptor 300GB

9GB DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 Driver: 258.96

Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2

Logitech Extreme 3D stick

Saitek pedals and throttle

28" Hanns-G single monitor (1900X1200)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:joystick:

Quids in there mate..

Until they convert the old map for 2.0 it's separate installs, then they'll be merged.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Guys, I'm confused over this; I have A10-c running DCS World 1.5.2.......what do I need to buy to fly the NTTR map?

Tanks:)

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

And 2.0.

which you do not have to buy, but you have to download the alpha version from ED site.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.