F-16 A, B, C, MLU

Frank00

But I know that losing one and having it drop into the engine bay is something no Crewchief will thank you for.

Done that, but found it before anyone else notice

Among the things he managed to do was to forget to remove the pitot-cover before a pitot-heat test (I got it off in time, but we had to call out QA in order to make sure it was OK)

Almost did, but got them off before any smoke or damage

I think the single most hated task on the Viper except cleaning it was towing it in the summer. SOP was to lower the canopy onto the rail but not to engage the locks, and when you have to tow the aircraft 3-4km from the shelter it's in and to the heavy maintenance hangar, you're dripping with sweat. Can't imagine how it would be to do that at lets say Nellis or heaven forbid Baghram!

We just left the canopy open, you could kill someone if you force them in there with it close. The green house effect of the canopy would make it so even the ECS had hard time keeping up with the jet running. I know I had burn marks on the back of my arms from the canopy seal track. Cleaning the canopy was fun since you drop a bucket of water on it and by the time you put the bucket on the stand and grab the cheese cloth the canopy was dry.

Anyway, thanks for humoring me, appreciated. I wonder who else here has worked on them.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

click on images to enlarge

181004-F-MG692-0010.JPG

An F-16 Fighting Falcon from the 80th Fighter Squadron “Juvats” takes off from Kunsan Air Base, Republic of Korea, Oct. 4, 2018. The 80th FS is participating in Red Flag-Alaska, a 10-day United States Air Force exercise that emphasizes air-to-air combat, held at Eielson Air Force Base. (U.S. Air Force photo by Senior Airman Stefan Alvarez)

181113-F-MP604-1029.JPG

U.S. Airmen assigned to the 20th Equipment Maintenance Squadron corrosion control paint barn, work on an F-16CM Fighting Falcon at Shaw Air Force Base, S.C., Nov. 13, 2018. The maintenance performed on the aircraft helps protect the aircraft from the elements while stateside or overseas. (U.S. Air Force photo by Senior Airman Christopher Maldonado)

https://www.shaw.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/1689168/falcons-undergo-facelift/

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

USAF Block 50 from Spangdahlem AB

A models from RNLAF

i9ZBmMJIzfQ

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

I posted this before I think

The video explains a lot about the HUD and other avionics.

0IL3UoU9CbM

To whom it may concern,

5x5GwsaIDkI

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

5x5GwsaIDkI

If you play the video at .25 speed, at 1:02, you can see the AB igniter on the lower right side. Also you can see the different stages of fuel coming on. This is a F110-GE-100, so it has local, fan and core spray bars.

To whom it may concern,

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Or just use this search string on his channel, for more old goodies:

https://www.youtube.com/user/sdasmarchives/search?query=f-16

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

To whom it may concern,

Click on image to enlarge

DSC06188%2B%25281%2529.JPG

140820-F-NB144-169.JPG

090720-F-3431H-063.JPG

091208-F-8733W-178.JPG

To whom it may concern,

Heh, interesting. I didn't think there was another Beast (tailnumber 666) other than the A-MLU from the RNorAF. She's the jet that almost blew me out of the window of the Linetaxi when she was at Bodø AFB while I was in.

Which also reminds me to check up if she's still at Edwards doing MLU testing, and if she still has Bitchin' Betty on the inside of her ventral fin.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Looking at F-16.net, there are 5 of them

[ATTACH]201471[/ATTACH]

To whom it may concern,