F-16 A, B, C, MLU

Frank00

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

https://www.afcent.af.mil/News/Video/videoid/665061/dvpcc/false/#DVIDSVideoPlayer11688

At 4:14 in the video, look how dirty they get when deploy to the sand box. Also note how many scratches the refueling boom makes.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

click on image to enlarge

190316-F-WC163-0027.JPG

Senior Tyler Leslie, 55th Expeditionary Fighter Squadron aerospace propulsion technician, observes an F-16C Fighting Falcon engine test at full power at Ahmed Al Jaber Air Base, Kuwait, March 16, 2019. The test allows the technicians to inspect for abnormalities, ensuring the jet’s combat readiness. (U.S. Air Force photo by Tech. Sgt. Clinton Atkins)

To whom it may concern,

I work on them, but not on the egress system.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

There are 4 holes for screws for Lifting at the seat. 2 at the knee guards and 2 on top of the headrest. Because it is US product I do not belive that there are metic values for the screws like M12 or M10... do you know what size of thread is needed there and their length? I do not want to test with the wrong hooks...

DCS F-16C Blk. 40/42 :helpsmilie:

Candidate - 480th VFS - Cupra | 06

Cupra,

That is a very specific question. Sorry I never worked on Egress systems.

To whom it may concern,

I work on them, but not on the egress system.

Cool man, hope you can jump in and correct me when I get to many beers and start talking stuff beyond my scope.

To whom it may concern,

BAF 31Sqn "Tigers" unveil FA-116 (F-16A Block20 MLU) sporting its livery for next month's NATO Tiger Meet at Mont-de-Marsan, France.

FA-116-755535780.jpg?m=1555842323

F-16-special-color-rusty.jpg?resize=706%2C530&ssl=1

i9-9900K @5GHz, Z390 Aorus Pro, 32GB DDR4-3200MHz, EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Focus+ Platinum 850W PSU, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, MT deskmounts, Asus 32" 1440p display, EDTracker Pro Wireless, HP Reverb

BAF 31Sqn "Tigers" unveil FA-116 (F-16A Block20 MLU) sporting its livery for next month's NATO Tiger Meet at Mont-de-Marsan, France.

Man, those A's are so old, they're getting rusty ;)

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

For those of you that think the F-16 does not need trim, what is the pilot doing at 2:08?

OUiUcMHe1Bs?start=128

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

KZbnfgzkwMc

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I have an F-16 question maybe you experts can answer.

I heard from a a buddy of mine that the USAF no longer or at least doesn't like too wingtip mount the AMRAAM anymore on current block 50/52s Something about the increased weight of the ordnance compared to the Aim9 causing accelerated stress on the wings..is that a myth or is that a RL current practice?

Also is 9X seeker limited in its FOV when it’s NOT on the wingtip as in the hornet?

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

I heard from a a buddy of mine that the USAF no longer or at least doesn't like too wingtip mount the AMRAAM anymore on current block 50/52s Something about the increased weight of the ordnance compared to the Aim9 causing accelerated stress on the wings..is that a myth or is that a RL current practice?

Based on the fact that almost every video or photo of the USAF F-16 in the last 10 years shows it carrying a CATM-120/AIM-120 on the wingtip, I say that is a myth.

Also is 9X seeker limited in its FOV when it’s NOT on the wingtip as in the hornet?

I do not know any weapons capabilities or limitations.

To whom it may concern,

Based on the fact that almost every video or photo of the USAF F-16 in the last 10 years shows it carrying a CATM-120/AIM-120 on the wingtip, I say that is a myth.

Oh ok thanks. He did make it seem like a recent thing, but yeah seems like a very common configuration. Is there some advantage to having it on the tip as opposed to on the wing stations?

I have not seen the reason on any manual.

The net reasons typically goes around the flutter, example:

http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20308

To whom it may concern,

We were told that having the 120's on station 1 and 9 eased wear on the wing attachment-bolts and fittings due to less fluttering. Of course, every time we had to hoist the 120's onto the wingtips, it ment offloading the cAIM9 and/or AMA and move them to 2 and 8. Doesn't take long, but it's a bit of a bitch, especially if you have to do a reconfigure between flightperiods.

Was fun watching the Weapon-crew sweat, though, heh.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

I have not seen the reason on any manual.

The net reasons typically goes around the flutter, example:

http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20308

We were told that having the 120's on station 1 and 9 eased wear on the wing attachment-bolts and fittings due to less fluttering. Of course, every time we had to hoist the 120's onto the wingtips, it ment offloading the cAIM9 and/or AMA and move them to 2 and 8. Doesn't take long, but it's a bit of a bitch, especially if you have to do a reconfigure between flightperiods.

Was fun watching the Weapon-crew sweat, though, heh.

I see, heavy weapon = less flutter. Makes sense, in fact come to think of it I don’t think I’ve ever seen an F-16 in flight with empty wingtip stations. Haha yeah I bet they love doing that.

Thanks for setting me straight.

I see, heavy weapon = less flutter. Makes sense, in fact come to think of it I don’t think I’ve ever seen an F-16 in flight with empty wingtip stations. Haha yeah I bet they love doing that.

Thanks for setting me straight.

In the last few years, I have only seen display /demo flight without weapons on station 1 and 9. The missile rail has to be carried in flight.

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,