Most immersive campaign I've ever played

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to Wags and Steve for this campaign. It's easily the most immersive single player experience I've had in a flight sim, and I'm only 4 missions in.

The way the campaign is written, along with the detailed briefings and the real life NTTR terrain really helps you to get your head in the game so to speak. You really feel like you're part of the Red Flag experience. The guided tour of the exercise area helps you to visualise where everything is in relation to you.

The sheer amount of stuff up in the air is impressive too. It's an awesome feeling flying up Sally Corridor for a sortie and being able to see the rest of your strike package in the air around you. From my own messing about with the mission editor I know it can be a pain to get the AI to do what you want sometimes, but so far it all appears to be pretty solid.

Not much more to say really. If you were at all on the fence about getting this campaign, do it. I guarantee you'll be impressed. There's a few bugs here and there but it looks like Wags and Steve are already on top of them.

Keep up the good work guys, looking forward to seeing more from you in future.

• Like 1

I'm only on mission 2 and will concur on what BitTorrent has said. I have flown multiplayer for so long it's a very refreshing change to fly a single player campaign like this. Also please keep making mission brief and map documents like you have. It is so awesome to have them on my iPad mini strapped to my thigh with a real kneeboard and able to trac alongside the mission.

Question, we are all aware of the maverick problem but is their a stage in the campaign currently that we cannot realistically progress past? Looking for ward to mission 3 but honestly I keep doing mission 2 as having a tour like that is definitely another sustain. Great work fellas.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Thanks for the kinds words. To be honest though, between the Maverick crash issue and the upcoming update, you may want to put this in a holding pattern a bit to have a better experience.

Thanks

Hey Wags, you may not have seen the other thread yet... Running as Administrator fixes the Mav crash issue.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I concur. The campaign is something else. There's nothing quite like putting the old A-10 to use in such an operation. +1 for having the flights all launch in front of you at Nellis.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, for me it's the most immersive campaign I've never played...

Been stuck on an AI taxi bug in mission three, since I purchased it, so can't say I'm too impressed! Apparantly it's the taxi code in the game that's bugged, but net result is the campaign is unplayable.

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

I got the taxi bug in mission 3, still i managed to finish and pass the mission. Lets see how mission 4 works.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

• 1 month later...

This is a truly professional module. I'm about to finish it and am actually kinda sad about that...F-15 up next! And then, I'll re-fly this one again. The same mission never works the same way twice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

I dont remember too well now but im sure i had to Break rules by flying over then 8000 ceiling limit? As there is no SEAD you have to break the rules fly at 15000 feet and destroy all SAMs , it was something like that.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

• 1 year later...
Just wanted to say a quick thank you to Wags and Steve for this campaign. It's easily the most immersive single player experience I've had in a flight sim, and I'm only 4 missions in.

The way the campaign is written, along with the detailed briefings and the real life NTTR terrain really helps you to get your head in the game so to speak. You really feel like you're part of the Red Flag experience. The guided tour of the exercise area helps you to visualise where everything is in relation to you.

The sheer amount of stuff up in the air is impressive too. It's an awesome feeling flying up Sally Corridor for a sortie and being able to see the rest of your strike package in the air around you. From my own messing about with the mission editor I know it can be a pain to get the AI to do what you want sometimes, but so far it all appears to be pretty solid.

Not much more to say really. If you were at all on the fence about getting this campaign, do it. I guarantee you'll be impressed. There's a few bugs here and there but it looks like Wags and Steve are already on top of them.

Keep up the good work guys, looking forward to seeing more from you in future.

Agree! Really fantastic:thumbup:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I went ahead and purchased. It's well made, and the voice overs are excellent. But dare I say it, red flag is a bit dull. I mean a lot of the missions are very similar, and the red forces are just sitting out in the desert burning diesel, waiting for us to smack them around, which we do, then head home. Rinse repeat.. I'm on mission 7 now, and the last 4 have been practically identical :( Marshall around stpt5-6, contact jtac stpt 7, get targets, unleash weapons, mission success, fly home. Sorry but that's how it is for me..

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

If you're looking for a little more drama I'd recommend The Enemy Within or Operation Piercing Fury. :thumbup:

The Red Flag campaigns are a fantastic glimpse into how things are done by the book, but they can get a little samey, speaking to the F-15 campaigns at least. Not to say I didn't enjoy it. :)