1.5.3 Re-Activation

Cobra847

Dear All,

We made a mistake with our build machine and used an incorrectly set build profile for the 1.5.3 BETA binaries and branch.

It is suggested that you wait with re-activating your MiG-21 until the official 1.5.3 patch arrives on friday.

One activation will be added to all keys to compensate for this issue for those of you who do not wish to wait.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Many thanks,

LS

**EDIT**

This issue should now be solved internally for 1.5.3 Stable.

For those of you who decided to fly in 1.5.3 BETA-- run the registry fix here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=136153

And then re-activate as usual in either 2.0 or 1.5.3 Stable.

We will comp 2 activations instead of one.

Apologies for the inconvenience,

Thanks,

LS

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Right, just started 1.5 beta after update, it wanted me to reactivate Mig21, ok no issue.

Closed beta down, started up 1.5, and that wanted me to reactivate Mig21, fair enough.

Closed it down and restarted 1.5 beta again to check something and it asks me to reactivate it again, slightly worrying.

Now after further checking whichever version of DCS 1.5 I open its asking me to reactivate Mig21 every time.

Used 3 activations already.

Its stopped asking me to activate it for 1.5 live version.

Ok so after further testing, if if I use Beta after 1.5 it asks me to reactivate Mig21. Then each time I use Beta as long as I dont start 1.5 live version it remains activated.

If I then start 1.5 live version I have to reactivate it, then it stays activated until I start 1.5 beta, and so on and so forth. Down to 6 activations from 10 now.

Can I have them back please.

Edited by BaconSarnie

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

Stupid activation system....

I installed 1.53 beta..

Started the Sim..

Was asked to re-activate the Mig-21.

Activation window would not close after finishing activation

Had to shut it down via Task manager.

Worked then

Started DCSW 2.0

Was asked to re-activate the Mig-21 again

Activation window hanged again and crashed.

Closed it via Task manager

Worked then in DCSW 2.0

Started DCSW 1.5.3

Same issue

How cone that there are so many problems with the Mig-21 activation each time new updates has been installed ??

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Stupid activation system....

I installed 1.53 beta..

Started the Sim..

Was asked to re-activate the Mig-21.

Activation window would not close after finishing activation

Had to shut it down via Task manager.

Worked then

Started DCSW 2.0

Was asked to re-activate the Mig-21 again

Activation window hanged again and crashed.

Closed it via Task manager

Worked then in DCSW 2.0

Started DCSW 1.5.3

Same issue

How cone that there are so many problems with the Mig-21 activation each time new updates has been installed ??

FinnJ

Dear All,

We made a mistake with our build machine and used an incorrectly set build profile for the 1.5.3 BETA binaries and branch.

It is suggested that you wait with re-activating your MiG-21 until the official 1.5.3 patch arrives on friday.

One activation will be added to all keys to compensate for this issue for those of you who do not wish to wait.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Many thanks,

LS

It is an open Beta. If you have a problem with it, stay with the puplic release and stop complaining. If you stay there you wouldn't even notice this problem.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Re-activated the MiG-21 in 1.5.3. Now on 2.0.1 the MiG-21 has stopped working. :'(

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

It is an open Beta. If you have a problem with it, stay with the puplic release and stop complaining. If you stay there you wouldn't even notice this problem.

While You are right about the alpha and beta versions, I just want to let You know that my DCSW 1.5.2 Release versions also is wrecked now due to this issue.

I have no problems with bugs and missing features, but a "simple" protection system should not be that intrusive.

The weird thing is that these activation problems with the Mig-21 has been persistent way longer than for any other modules.

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

While You are right about the alpha and beta versions, I just want to let You know that my DCSW 1.5.2 Release versions also is wrecked now due to this issue.

FinnJ

Would not have happened if you kept your 1.5.2 without using the beta.

I agree that this issue is present for a long time but the last patches were always fine. As you can read by Cobra It happened due to a personal error. Just a minor issue and we get one activation back. If you can stay at one version of your choice for the next two days you won't loose another activation.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would not have happened if you kept your 1.5.2 without using the beta.

I agree that this issue is present for a long time but the last patches were always fine. As you can read by Cobra It happened due to a personal error. Just a minor issue and we get one activation back. If you can stay at one version of your choice for the next two days you won't loose another activation.

I simply uninstalled the Mig-21 from 1.5.2 Release versions, 1.5.3 Beta and 2.0.1 Alpha and now wait until friday to see what will happen.

I think many, if not most, runs all 3 versions, so having checked interoperations beforehand by the devs would now have required alot, but well... shit happens and as long as we all learn...

FinnJ

:thumbup:

I also learned it the hard way :music_whistling:

I think the most current problem with 3 different versions is that most of the developers won't even know if their last fixes were implemented or not (Like the big actual changelog shows which is still missing lot's of critical fixes by Razbam that entered the current build).

I won't be in ED's situation of managing updates for 3 versions and try to keep track that the working fixes will enter a build on the next patchday.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Activation error after update of DCS ED from 02/18/2016 and alleged Hardweareänderung

Hello

Have today received the message in both Open Beta and Alpha versions Open / that hardware has been updated according to an update from ED! This is not true! Then have a reactivation in two versions made as required and to restart in two versions again the same! Again, the message of hardware change. This is not possible because I have not done anything. Now I have lost 5 reactivations and do not do what, because the problem when you start each occurs. Also, I can no emissions or QuickStarts start more. Only empty Editor comes then ...

Thanks and regards

Challenger444

:mad:

ja, bekam auch durch diese gefangen und kostete mich eine weitere Aktivierung. Schätzen die Spitze. Schön zu sehen, euch auf diese sind. [/ QUOTE]

Edited by Challenger444

Sorry for you but this thread existed since shortly after the update came live. Maybe it would be a better idea next time to look into the bugs section than toasting one activation after the other. As you can see it is a common problem...

Edited by FSKRipper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry for you but this thread existed since shortly after the update came live. Maybe it would be a better idea next time to look into the bugs section than toasting one activation after the other. As you can see it is a common problem...

Changelog mentioned this:

Known issues

MiG-21bis module required new activation.

But it didn't mention that it would also stop it working in 1.5.2 and Open alpha 2.01 and will require multiple activations. You keep mentioning that people shouldn't use beta or alpha because then it wouldn't of happened. With this mentality hardly anyone would use the beta and the developers wouldn't get the valuable feedback for bug fixing etc.

I propose that the changelogs should have more detail with the beta and alpha products and its effects on the "stable 1.5.2" release. or maybe a dedicated page/post outlining all the known issues/bugs in the beta that may also effect the stable 1.5.2 release.

personally I have removed all my Mig21 modules from the Alpha, Beta and Stable for now, since I would like to test other modules in the beta etc. Plus a lot of my fav online servers have already updated to the beta version.

Yes, because we all have time to spend looking at forums all day searching for possible issues..........

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

Yes, because we all have time to spend looking at forums all day searching for possible issues..........

Nobody has to spend every free minute at the forums but a small look would be wise before you burn 5 activations don't you think so?

Also as Aeons said (thanks for that!) this issue was even known before the beta patch went live. And yes, I read the changelogs before I load an Alpha or beta patch which could possibly corrupt my install since I also use three instances of DCS and learned it the hard way.

Currently you can only use the MiG-21 in 1.5.3 or in 1.5.2/2.0.1 If you switch between this versions you have to reactivate as you have noticed. So the only thing to do is play/test for the comming 24hours 1.5.3 or the 2.0.1 Version until the 1.5.3 goes public and all of your problems are solved.

Edited by FSKRipper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]