Problem with the X-axis (TM HOTAS Warthog)

minsk78

Hello,

I've been enjoying this excellent sim for quite some time, however, starting yesterday I've run into a strange problem. Whenever I do a "ramp start", no matter if its a campaign mission, a predefined mig-21bis mission or when creating a "fast" mission", the x-axis on my stick have no effect on the plane whatsoever. When I move the stick to either side, the virtual stick in the cockpit moves accordingly, but the plane doesnt respond. Neither on the ground, or in the air (keeps flying straight). The Pitch works as usual. I didn't engage the SAU in any way. This ONLY occurs with "ramp starts", when starting with all systems off. If I start hot on the runway, or in the air, everything works as intended. I've mapped all my axises in the controller options, and, up to yesterday i've never encountered this problem. I've tried a different plane, the S25-t, and I didn't experience this problem then. Seems to affect the mig21-bis only. I've re-installed the game last night, but the problem is still here this morning.

I do use a profile created in the thrustmaster software for my stick, but the problem remains whether i load that profile or not, so it shouldnt be a problem there? I'll attach my config-file anyway if someone would be so kind as to have a look, since I'm in no way an expert with these things.

Anyone else experienced this ? :P

I use the Trustmaster hotas warthog stick and throttle.

mig21bis.rar

I don't think this is a bug but rather a new feature!

You need to set the aileron booster switch to on. This switch is located in front of the throttle on the Mig-21 left console. This is a new requirement since update. Also I noticed the radar take longer to warm up now.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Edited by Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

You need to set the aileron booster switch to on. This switch is located in front of the throttle on the Mig-21 left console. This is a new requirement since update. Also I noticed the radar take longer to warm up now.

Ahh... Great! Thank you! :thumbup:

Hello,

I've been enjoying this excellent sim for quite some time, however, starting yesterday I've run into a strange problem. Whenever I do a "ramp start", no matter if its a campaign mission, a predefined mig-21bis mission or when creating a "fast" mission", the x-axis on my stick have no effect on the plane whatsoever. When I move the stick to either side, the virtual stick in the cockpit moves accordingly, but the plane doesnt respond. Neither on the ground, or in the air (keeps flying straight). The Pitch works as usual. I didn't engage the SAU in any way. This ONLY occurs with "ramp starts", when starting with all systems off. If I start hot on the runway, or in the air, everything works as intended. I've mapped all my axises in the controller options, and, up to yesterday i've never encountered this problem. I've tried a different plane, the S25-t, and I didn't experience this problem then. Seems to affect the mig21-bis only. I've re-installed the game last night, but the problem is still here this morning.

I do use a profile created in the thrustmaster software for my stick, but the problem remains whether i load that profile or not, so it shouldnt be a problem there? I'll attach my config-file anyway if someone would be so kind as to have a look, since I'm in no way an expert with these things.

Anyone else experienced this ? :P

I use the Trustmaster hotas warthog stick and throttle.

Same problem!!

I don't think this is a bug but rather a new feature!

Ahh... Great! Thank you! :thumbup:

Sure!!! the new switch is?Thanks :)