Mi8 Gunsight

Is it possible to remove gunsight from Mi8 somehow?

I rearly use it for combat. And its annoying to fly with that obstructin my view.

I'm 100% sure that someone from Belsimtek posted which file you have to edit and with what changes to get rid of the gunsight, but i can't find it right now. :cry:

Edit: You can remove the gunsight glas:

Correct answer!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2563551&postcount=351

It is possible to clean glass so-

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Mi-8MTV2\Cockpit\Scripts\PKV\device\PKV_param

to replace lines

refl_angle_range = math.rad(5.625)

refl_angle = math.rad(43.428)

on-

refl_angle_range = math.rad(55.625)

refl_angle = math.rad(143.429)

to keep and glasses will not be.

Edited by unknown

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• 10 months later...

I don't mind the Glass, not any different then flying a fixed wings with the HUD in sight, but what i was looking for is a way to turn off the gun sight reticle when not in combat, besides turning off one of the circut switch, is there any on/off switch for the sight? I was not able to find one, even when master arm is off, it stays on?

R Alt + O and R Ctl + O fades the reticle on and off.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

To turn off the gun-sight as part of a "fence out" procedure, turn off the third fuse from the right on the top row of armament fuses.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To turn off the gun-sight as part of a "fence out" procedure, turn off the third fuse from the right on the top row of armament fuses.

Yep that's what i've found before posting here, was hoping for a more convenient way to turn it out without clicking once in a while on the wrong breaker lol

I remembered wrong, it's the SECOND from the right, not the third..

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I remembered wrong, it's the SECOND from the right, not the third..

Ti be honest i didn't remembered which one i used, but visualy remembered in cockpit, i simply shut them all one by one until i found the right one, so many of them, we can easily get confused :)

I have the sight brightness on an axis by adding this line:

{action = device_commands.Button_1, cockpit_device_id = devices.PKV, name = 'Pilot Sight Brightness'},

to the end of default.lua situated in

\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Mi-8MTV2\Input\Mi-8MTV2\joystick

you can add also:

{action = device_commands.Button_3, cockpit_device_id = devices.PKV, name = 'Pilot Sight Elevation'},

for elevation on axis.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least