Mirage 2000C Heading Selector

jcbak

Is there a way to immediately slew the heading selector (BUG) to the current heading without having to scroll the selector knob? In most APs you just have to push in the heading selector and the bug is slewed automatically to the current heading. The issue here is.....(unless I'm not understanding how this really works).....is that once the AP is engaged and the trim control is used to move the heading bug, the AP will turn to where the heading bug is once the AP is re-engaged as well.....which is fine in most cases, but it would be a lot more convenient to slew the bug to the current heading without having to spend the time heads down rotating the knob.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

I'd also like to see this feature implemented, or the sensitivity of the control tuned; as it is I find I cannot use press and hold to scroll to the heading I want easily, and rolling the mouse wheel is tricky over such a small control without disabling headtracking...

I must say the Mirage is shaping up to be one of my favorite aircraft in DCS, though! Keep up the great work RAZBAM!

Is there a way to immediately slew the heading selector (BUG) to the current heading without having to scroll the selector knob?

Yes there is a way (not yet implemented). In fact, it's only a matter of engaging the AP.

No it doesn't involve the selector knob. Because this knob is not made to select a heading.

Yes the Mirage is different on that aspect. ;)

= = = = = =

AP selected route (indicated by the green heading bug on the HSI):

- resets to 12 o'clock each time you engage the AP (AP goes "green").

- then follows the AP logic

- can be set by the pilot through the trim hat (left/right)

HSI knob selector:

- is used to tune the VAD feature of the HSI; this feature is not yet implemented; it is a way to set (and use) a temporary waypoint defined by an offset (bearing/distance) from a Tacan station.

- is not used to set the heading bug (and has no relation to this bug whatsoever); yes, it may seem strange at first, but again: it's just another logic.

++

Az'

spacer.png

I'd also like to see this feature implemented, or the sensitivity of the control tuned; as it is I find I cannot use press and hold to scroll to the heading I want easily, and rolling the mouse wheel is tricky over such a small control without disabling headtracking...

I must say the Mirage is shaping up to be one of my favorite aircraft in DCS, though! Keep up the great work RAZBAM!

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Yes there is a way (not yet implemented). In fact, it's only a matter of engaging the AP.

No it doesn't involve the selector knob. Because this knob is not made to select a heading.

Yes the Mirage is different on that aspect. ;)

= = = = = =

AP selected route (indicated by the green heading bug on the HSI):

- resets to 12 o'clock each time you engage the AP (AP goes "green").

- then follows the AP logic

- can be set by the pilot through the trim hat (left/right)

HSI knob selector:

- is used to tune the VAD feature of the HSI; this feature is not yet implemented; it is a way to set (and use) a temporary waypoint defined by an offset (bearing/distance) from a Tacan station.

- is not used to set the heading bug (and has no relation to this bug whatsoever); yes, it may seem strange at first, but again: it's just another logic.

++

Az'

So what is the purpose of the "autopilot standby button?" When I hold it down I can then turn the aircraft where ever I want or whatever heading I select. Then I release autopilot standby and autopilot takes aircraft back to where heading bug was originally set. I assumed the autopilot standby was to set up a new heading for autopilot to follow. For example; I have the autopilot on. I'm heading 270. I depress and hold autopilot standby and maneuver the aircraft to 90 and then release autopilot standby expecting autopilot to now hold this new heading I've assigned to it. Is this how it is supposed to work? If not, what is purpose of autopilot standby button?

I am absolutely loving this aircraft module by the way. :thumbup:

Folks, all of these are part of the INS upgrade, which will come after the radar/IFF are finalized.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

2.0.1 Update 1:

I can't control the green heading indicator using the trimmer when AP is engaged. This together with the not implemented "12 o'clock reset" makes the AP unusable (plane will simply fly to whatever the green indicator is set at mission start).

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

2.0.1 Update 1:

I can't control the green heading indicator using the trimmer when AP is engaged. This together with the not implemented "12 o'clock reset" makes the AP unusable (plane will simply fly to whatever the green indicator is set at mission start).

That one is new. Try using the knob in the HSI.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

The knob turns, but doesn't move the indicator either.

I can confirm this, you can turn the knob but the green bug isn't moving in dcs 2.0.1, in dcs 1.5.3 it works.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

As the knob is not supposed to move the heading green bug, I would say 2.0.1 is better than 1.5.3 wink.gif

Please don't "fix" the knob => it would only make it back to an incorrect feature.

Jep, but the knob also not working (although it's supposed to in sim) may be indicative of what the problem is...

I don't want the knob per se "fixed" to the incorrect behaviour either, I've never used it before tbh. The trimmer is so much more convenient anyways.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

than how to use it for ap?:huh:

You should be able to use trim left/right while AP is engaged to move the heading indicator. This works fine in 1.5, but not in 2.0 currently.

The HSI knob has nothing at all to do with the green indicator irl.

Specs:

• 6 months later...