Lynx Cockpit Utility Brick "Button box"

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not no, because im not really playing all those simulators... not yet :)

However, if someone would be interested in helping me design panels for those games, it would be much appreciated :)

I could take a stab at some F-16 panels for BMS Falcon 4, if you like!:thumbup:

Is the template you had earlier in the thread still the current template?

A landing gear lever would be really cool. As an universal approach I would build one with 3 positions and maybe a vertical caging (correct words???) to lock them in place as for the Russian planes.

Inspiration can be gather from all the A3xx and 777 home cockpit stores. They are selling such levers. For me, just the mechanical lever would be fine...

Landing Gear Lever Module - Please do it. Something that is self contained and able to stand vertically for a solid feel and naturally operated. Would by Christmas time be pushing it? :)

A landing gear lever would be really cool. As an universal approach I would build one with 3 positions and maybe a vertical caging (correct words???) to lock them in place as for the Russian planes.

Inspiration can be gather from all the A3xx and 777 home cockpit stores. They are selling such levers. For me, just the mechanical lever would be fine...

Thank you for the ideas guys, its much appreciated :)

I will look into this, and see if i can find the best solution, the idea of a seperate module is both a good and bad idea. Of course i could make a module with more levers, so people could use them for more things.

But im also thinking of trying to make a lever unit, that simply goes on top of the switch that someone would want as landing gear panel. so its still using the switch as the mechanism, but its bigger with a printed head on it.

Also if somone would like to have Switch guards like the ones that ive made on my A-10C electric panels, its also a possibility, see picture below.

electrical_panel_prototype_10.jpg

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

I could take a stab at some F-16 panels for BMS Falcon 4, if you like!:thumbup:

Is the template you had earlier in the thread still the current template?

Thank you ggerman, ive sent you a PM.

And yes it still the Template i posted ealier, it wasnt shown, so i fixed the link.

Just to make it easy, here it is again:

http://lynx.dk/blueprints/CUB_1_Switch_Layout.pdf

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

Thank you for the ideas guys, its much appreciated :)

I will look into this, and see if i can find the best solution, the idea of a seperate module is both a good and bad idea. Of course i could make a module with more levers, so people could use them for more things.

But im also thinking of trying to make a lever unit, that simply goes on top of the switch that someone would want as landing gear panel. so its still using the switch as the mechanism, but its bigger with a printed head on it.

Also if somone would like to have Switch guards like the ones that ive made on my A-10C electric panels, its also a possibility, see picture below.

/QUOTE]

The switch guards sound like a good idea Lynx, just as an idea, the generic landing gear module could also include a lever for the HOOK.

This brick idea of yours is great, having full on replica cockpits is great for some but the generic brick should cater for a huge amount of people.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

The switch guards sound like a good idea Lynx, just as an idea, the generic landing gear module could also include a lever for the HOOK.

This brick idea of yours is great, having full on replica cockpits is great for some but the generic brick should cater for a huge amount of people.

Thank you :)

Your right, it might not be a bad idea with a "lever" unit, maybe half the size og the current Brick.

I will work on these ideas, and get back to you when i have something to show :)

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

Oh for Pete's sake, I am coming to a Lynx thread see a great WORKING PROTOTYPE and the next thing I see this HEGYKC guy with his usual blah-blah...

GOD!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!

(sorry, I just had to say this).

• Like 2

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys.

We are no close to the release of the CUB 1, Very close Accually.

Later this week i will release much more pictures of multiple cubs together and set up around the warthog throttle.

I cannot tell you when we will start taking orders, but i promise you its just around the corner :)

And for all those who want custom engravings on your panels, i have made this file:

http://lynx.dk/blueprints/cub_1_custom_engravings_template.pdf

Its a PDF File, that you can download, open with adobe reader, and then put in the engravings you want, save it and mail it to info@lynx.dk

Even if your not making an order, everyone is more than welcome to fill this PDF, and mail us your idea of a good setup, for whatever plane / game it may be.

I am working on a simular file in black, that you can put in the text in white, print it and cut it to shape for those who want to make their own designs to place under the Clear Acrylic Panel set i will be offering.

• Like 1

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

Hey Lynx, good work, I've sent you a PM - Cheers

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Thank you :)

Radbes have made a Panel for the MIG's

Its in Russian, but im working on english Engravings for this one too.

It should work with the L39, MIG 15, 21 and 29.

cub_1_ru_5.jpg

cub_1_ru_3.jpg

cub_1_ru_2.jpg

Dont mind the "pink" backlight look... its red, but my phone didnt quite capture it right :)

cub_1_ru_1.jpg

I have also made some overlays for the MIG 15/21, for those who want Russian Look.

cub_1_ru_4.jpg

and for the Mig 29

cub_1_ru_8.jpg

These will all be available for order, and the Overlay will also be made for the English MIG panels.

Edited by LynxDK

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

And if anyone want to make their own panels,. they can print them on paper, and then put them under our clear panels.

Here i have printed a single sheet of the A-10C Startup panels to show how it looks.

cub_1_27.jpg

And like all our panels, they have nice round edges.

The clear panels will be delivered with protective film on both sides.

cub_1_28.jpg

cub_1_29.jpg

cub_1_30.jpg

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

Lynx,

The paper under the clear acrylic, those won't be backlit I take it?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Lynx,

The paper under the clear acrylic, those won't be backlit I take it?

Oh yes they will :) you simply place it on the CUB, and turn on the backlight:

Then it will light it up. You might even want a couple of sheets of paper to block the light shining through the black....

depends on the printer i guess :)

cub_1_7.jpg

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

Would deffo be interested in the box. I have a lot of BUO836 interfaces around, so the arduino would be excess to requirement, as would the switches, as I have plenty.

So - I can't justify the expense of the whole package but I would certainly buy the panel box.

PS - I wouldn't need any labels, either, as I would make different label sheets to go on top for various aircraft and sims.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2