Lynx Cockpit Utility Brick "Button box"

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just make different description for switches in panel. This is an extra sale option:

American generic design, Russian generic design and a 3th option with Overall Generic design.

Will be nice you add Russian switches with self lit in the head design. See Mig-21 switches

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think the way to do the russian look, is for me to make a thin overlay painted in russian colors. With holes cut for the text to be seen on the back panels underneath. That way the backlight still works too.

About the russian Switches, i dont think i will offer a solution with lit switches at first, but that dosnt mean that you cant install them yourself.

The 450DKK im charging pr. Panel Pack, is for the Standart Premade Engravings. If people want to get Custom engravings, it going to be around 100 DKK more, for the time it takes me to make the new file for cutting.

However, since i dont yet know what panel solutions people want, i will make Custom Engravings for the same 450DKK here in the beginning. For exactly how long will be announced when the product starts production. But this is so that we get an idea of, what people want as engravings for their CUB.

Right now im waiting for the Backlight parts, and the Push Buttons. They are both in the mail, but im not sure that the buttons are the right choise, they have to look right, but as soon as i get them, i will update the pictures :)

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

Can I ask a stupid question.....

When you 3d print a panel, do you not print the text or do you still need to engrave?

Plus, I respect both you and Hegy, but it would be respectful Hegy, if you have a problem to PM each other to establish facts before you call another member out.

Yes I would like to know if lynx is making a 900% profit as I like to pay a fair price plus a fair profit margin, the price is what it is with these considered, if I cannot afford it, its not Lynx issue, I just need to get real.

Please consider this because the community do respect you guys for bringing us things we cannot make and we listen to you, whilst I respect Hegy for calling out a potential rip off (sorry lynx, i am NOT suggesting you are) please remember that if you do this in public business without being fair, you could be sued for liable or false advertising or other such laws.

Sorry to be a d1ck but I dont like to see likeminded people arguing on a public forum when you could do it behind the scenes and only bring it public after exhausting PMs.

I really dont hope people are seeing this as an argument. :)

I see this as a question asked, and i feel i have answered the best i could.

And i would like to say once again, that if anyone believe that they can offer something like this for 16.50$, i think they should.

And to answer your question. The only thing 3D printed is the outer frame sides. The top panels etc. are 6mm Acrylic, painted black and engraved on a CNC router.

Those panels are sitting ontop of 4mm Acrylic that are also painted black and engraved for the backlight to glow through.

You can't 3D print text and get the same "Fine Line" effect as a CNC router, or Laser does.

so in this box, you get a 3D Printed frame, with Acylic Bottom, Painted and engraved Acrylic backplate 4mm and on top 2x Painted and Engraved Acylic 6mm panels.

I Paint Acrylic since i dont like the Layered panels, and because the original Military panels are made this way. Also there is no leaking Backlight from the sides, as its all painted after its cut.

I have made a design for the CUB 2 version with rotary switches, which will be seen as axis in windows. I will show the design as soon as i get a set made :)

• Like 1

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

I really dont hope people are seeing this as an argument. :)

I see this as a question asked, and i feel i have answered the best i could.

And i would like to say once again, that if anyone believe that they can offer something like this for 16.50$, i think they should.

And to answer your question. The only thing 3D printed is the outer frame sides. The top panels etc. are 6mm Acrylic, painted black and engraved on a CNC router.

Those panels are sitting ontop of 4mm Acrylic that are also painted black and engraved for the backlight to glow through.

You can't 3D print text and get the same "Fine Line" effect as a CNC router, or Laser does.

so in this box, you get a 3D Printed frame, with Acylic Bottom, Painted and engraved Acrylic backplate 4mm and on top 2x Painted and Engraved Acylic 6mm panels.

I Paint Acrylic since i dont like the Layered panels, and because the original Military panels are made this way. Also there is no leaking Backlight from the sides, as its all painted after its cut.

I have made a design for the CUB 2 version with rotary switches, which will be seen as axis in windows. I will show the design as soon as i get a set made :)

I can attest to the cost, because I'm trying to do this on my own. I have purchased everything (acrylic, cut to size; switches; Phidgets, LEDs, and various PCBs for switch) The only thing I need to figure out is...do I engrave the wording or buy a CNC! :)

I'm looking at ZMorph and it looks pretty promising because I can purchase the CNC and the laser head But it says the laser can only cut 2mm acrylic which I thought that was odd.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

too bad this comes out to be $460 New Zealand dollars...

:( Certainly not affordable in this other side of the world.

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

Yes I would like to know if lynx is making a 900% profit

Apparently there's not eve 9% profit, which is even worse. I'm truly sorry if I have mistaken your project for a business instead of a hobby. But you have a web page, and you talked about changing the high prices situation we have, with your many new and affordable products for everyone. So I assumed this was a well prepared and broad venture. And I was actually very happy to see another one pop op on these forums. As I am for all the others. See I'm just like you. I don't need this burden, I don't want it. I would much rather buy everything with one click of the mouse, instead of working 3 years on developing it myself, and in the process spend my entire life savings. So it's just misleading when everyone gets your hopes up, then it turns out it's just another high end product. It wouldn't bother me one bit if it was presented as such from the beginning.

Still, after adjusting the absolutely highest prices possible (which is just ridiculous because no manufacturer, no matter how small, won't buy their parts per one piece/unit), the cost for acrylic, switches and abs is 52$. Electricity, leds and chineese arduino will not be more than 20$ on top of that. Tax VAT paid gets deducted from VAT for ordered parts. But again, everything's fine. Price is absolutely OK. It's just not affordable, not for everyone, and not only because of expensive switches. I just mistakenly thought it was going to be.

Why not use 3mm acrylic, it's half the price. And why buy it by m2? Yes 6mm acrylic is 120$ also in my country, but why the hell would I buy small chunks of it. I buy 2x3m full sized panels, which is 50% cheaper. And why would I (as a manufacturer) buy single piece switches at 1.50$+?? 1000 warthog toggles are 0.45$/piece from china. And that won't be enough for even 10 simpits. If you buy acrylic from china (1 ton) it's another 3x cheaper.

But this is all my mistake thinking of you as manufacturer/supplier after seeing your webpage and all the things you plan to offer, got realy excited, then disappointed by the pricing because I thought it was gonna be built by buying cheap components by the thousands and built on an assembly line instead of one by one. Again, sorry my mistake.

Edited by hegykc
  • Like 1

I don't agree you hegykc. I think if you are engineer, the best you may do is help with the design or technical tips. Constructive criticism is ok, but the only you are doing is complain about the logistic management of LynxDK project..

The price is a matter of LynxDK, please respect the LynxDK work. If you dont like the price just don't buy it and that's it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am :) Everything i have posted in the For Sale section is being manufactored :)

I have only just begun making all these cockpit parts, you will see much more from me :)

Do you have a website? Or are you just using the forum for selling the switch boxes?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

hegykc,

I'm waiting (like many others, I'm sure) to *buy* something from you. There is the TrackIR replacement project, the Warthog slew replacement, A10C cockpit, and the replaceable joystick project. None of which is for sale. Hobby, or business, Lynx is selling some of his stuff.

It may be a language thing, but your post (the first few ones) to Lynx sounded extremely condescending to me.

But we're all waiting with baited breath to buy something from you. You could be the next Milan, as far as I'm concerned.

Best of luck to you both. We need more people supporting our hobbies.

• Like 2

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

@hegykc: If you can make a button box for about $52, then go ahead, make them and sell them for $60 and I am the first one to buy one. But dont tell anyone how they have to calculate their prices.

• Like 1

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

I'll buy one if I can get a generic WWII plane box. Fuses, magnetos, flywheel, those kinds of labels.

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

I don't agree you hegykc. I think if you are engineer, the best you may do is help with the design or technical tips. Constructive criticism is ok, but the only you are doing is complain about the logistic management of LynxDK project..

The price is a matter of LynxDK, please respect the LynxDK work. If you dont like the price just don't buy it and that's it.

@hegykc: If you can make a button box for about $52, then go ahead, make them and sell them for $60 and I am the first one to buy one. But dont tell anyone how they have to calculate their prices.

And just where did I complain about the price or his profit, what ever it might be? Please do quote me. My only complaint is labeling these prices as affordable, that's it. In every one of my posts I am throwing compliments, high end, high quality, first one ever to offer these, great respect etc. I really don't know how else to sugar coat it. All I have against it is "was too expensive before, now I'm gonna make it affordable" which is just not true. If 300$ is an affordable breakthrough for ONE piece of a simpit, and so much so that one is willing to go buy cnc cutters and 3d printers to produce them, please show me these "expensive" parts you looked at before you started this venture? By these prices a full simpit is going to be at least 15.000$, how is that affordable and how does that help the community? And that's just a question, why get offended.

I really don't know how else I can raise a concern or ask a question. I have a problem with 2% of his work (the label, affordable). I voiced my problem by complementing the rest 98% of his work first, and then by supporting my argument by facts.

I can complain about his logistics all I want because he opened the doors by saying it's going to be affordable and he's doing it to help the community. And because this is a forum thread, not an online shop. You don't see me complaining to Milan MFG, SlewDevice or Mamba. I also know exactly how much they are making and it's quite a lot, yet zero complaint by me. Why, because they're not claiming to be doing it for the love of community. They're doing it for some profit and that's completely ok and it would be completely ok for Lynx too. I am questioning his claim (and only that) and substantiating it by evidence, I am not just running my mouth. And all my complaints are followed by solutions. So here I am, offering solutions to my competition so he can better compete against me. Please do let me know how else I can sugar coat this and I will. Maybe use pink text?

If you're helping the community why buy small pieces of acrylic at 200% price for no reason? It's no structural element so why not use 3mm for 400% less money? Why buy switches by one unit at 300% - 600% price? Why buy original arduinos locally at 1000% price? If you're registered with the state, that means that all the VAT you pay for components is deducted from the VAT you have to pay when selling your product so that's no excuse either. And why show cash profit and pay taxes on that at all if this is not about money? Just spend all your profit on parts for the next batch and you can actually make the state owe you tax returns.

I cannot believe I'm getting the "I disagree" argument back. Disagree with what exactly?? A better and multiple times cheaper way of buying componets? Which I just disclosed publicly to my direct competition and anyone else looking to get into making these? Fine, I'll keep my mouth shut if that's more help then what I did. You can have your 800$ acrylic instead of 200$, 3$ switches instead of 0.45$ and 30$ arduinos instead of 3$. Sorry I offended you all with my evil ways :)

This is what you're all doing:

We're in a Walmart store. We see a screwdriver, it's 10$. I say whaaat? That same screwdriver is 5$ in the store across the street. And you all say "I disagree. screwdrivers are great. Hegykc bad." It goes against fact, how does that opinion have anything at all to do with logic and this topic? And why would you use opinion to argue against fact at all? What are you talking about? And Lynx is not Walmart in this story, he's just buying there. I tell him how to get components cheaper and you disagree??? He claims he makes 15$ per unit profit. Well I just told him how to triple his profits and you disagree???

Edited by hegykc

I understand your view/stand point hegykc and also agree that for many people with this price tag it will not be affordable.

On the other hand Lynx, I think you will find your customers even if you wants to go your way.

GL to both of you guys!

• 5 weeks later...
Just curious to know if this is still gonna happen - if so, I'm very interested in getting multiple units!

Any new info to share?

This is indeed going to happen, i have just had alot of stuff going on lately, both real life and this :)

For info i can show you the design of the CUB2:

http://lynx.dk/blueprints/CUB_2-1.pdf

There will be 4 Potentiometers present, With one of them having a Center position click.

Again like the first these engravings is just for the premade A-10C, but can be custom Engravings to fit your needs.

Also we have been working on different materials for trying to bring the price down, and also been on a greter hunt for better deal of larger quantities of switches.

A suitable Push button are found:

push-button.jpg

We have also found a suitable Backlight solution, however, people can easily install their own LED strips within the box, and get same results, pictures will follow, but we are using these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291512124299

Finally we are working on the Arduino Code, so we are releasing a version, that even tho its using toggle switches, the unit send a signal once the switch is activated, but dosnt stay on, and then send the signal again when deactivated. This makes it possible to use the unit for all other games, that dosnt support toggle switches, and you dont need any third part software to control that function for you.

Hope this helped, i will post pictures as soon as i have something new :)

Edited by LynxDK

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

Excellent! Thanks for the update, Lynx! I'm glad to know this is still in the works! I'm definitely a customer for multiple units! My primary uses will be DCS, BMS and P3D. I plan to have multiple units on either side of my Obutto frame.

Edited by ggerman

• 1 month later...

Hello guys.

It has been a while, but i would like to tell you why it has been so long since my last post here.

My partner and i have had alot of things going on, and we have finally been approved for exporting outside EU.

What that means for those of you who are interested in our products, is that you will be able to purchase from us, ex. Danish VAT Which is the 25%. Instead we can export, and then you only pay whatever import VAT is required in your country, if there is any.

Sadly this only counts for costumers outside EU, for those of you who order form inside EU, still have to pay the Danish VAT rate.

We are also working on a Webshop, where all of our product will be available.

Also we have brought new machinery into the workshop, which will hopefully improve production, with better prices to follow.

So these CUB's will soon be available for purchase.

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram