Lynx Cockpit Utility Brick "Button box"

Perfect :thumbup:. My money is ready to be catapulted in your direction :)

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep up the good work, LynxDK. Good to have enthousiastic people around making cool stuff.

Looking forward to the availability of those finished products.

Where in DK are you located? I work for a DK company (HQ in CPH).

• 1 month later...
Keep up the good work, LynxDK. Good to have enthousiastic people around making cool stuff.

Looking forward to the availability of those finished products.

Where in DK are you located? I work for a DK company (HQ in CPH).

Thank you for the nice words, We have base in fredericia.

Im definately enjoying the "late" summer here in Denmark, we have very high temperatures here atm, Very Nice :)

But its time for a small update. We are now very close to be releasing the CUB 1 in our Webshop. We are working on assembly manuals etc.

We have upgraded the Quality of the 3D printed frame, so its now 0.2mm in layer thickness. This makes it alot easier if anyone wanted to paint the unit and sand it down for a final paintjob, A guide how to do this will be available on our website too.

As mentioned before, a clear Acrylic Panel pack will be available, so that you can print your own panel labels at home, and put behind it. Here we are testing different thicknesses.

However when the CUB 1 launches, the first 20 Orders, will be able to order Custom made panel packs, at a very favorable price.

We have also been asked for panel packs for other games, and of course there is no limit to what these CUB's can be used for. We had requests for everything from Space to Farming Simulators.

So if you allready now have an idea of a panel pack for the CUB 1, dont hesitate to write us. I am working on an Editable PDF file, to make it easier for you guys to submit ideas, but a rough sketch are also fine.

The final price for the CUB 1 will soon be revealed also, and hopefully that is good news for you guys, specially if your outside EU ;)

Stay tuned, we are working hard on getting these units out as soon as possible :) More pictures and info will follow soon.

Edited by LynxDK

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

I was always hoping for something like this but a lever for the landing gear that looked more like a real world lever. Not a big deal. It's pretty expensive considering many guys will be moving to VR and the box won't be of much value then. I would have to see reviews of the released product.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

This looks just awesome, fantastic job. Small question: is the LED bg color pure green or do you insert RGB strips that allow for color mixing? Reason I ask is I like my panel backlighting to be 'electric green' ie green with some blue mixed in. I could always do the LEDs myself of course but just wondering. Cheers and keep up the good work!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

I hear ya, LynxDK!

I built a ThrottleBox http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4266967/1/Building_the_ConTrollR...

And while I lost count of all the money I poured into that project, I can say I was a lot more expensive than $300 :) I live in Norway, but I bought lots of hardware on ebay from asia and some parts from eastern europe.

I have a huge respect for guys like Slaw, Milan, Baur and others, that do this for much better prices than I ever could.

Edited by Goblin

I was always hoping for something like this but a lever for the landing gear that looked more like a real world lever. Not a big deal. It's pretty expensive considering many guys will be moving to VR and the box won't be of much value then. I would have to see reviews of the released product.

i will produce the Landing gear panel, with a functional Landing gear lever for the A-10.. when its done it will be easy to make the lever into another panel if anyone want :)

This looks just awesome, fantastic job. Small question: is the LED bg color pure green or do you insert RGB strips that allow for color mixing? Reason I ask is I like my panel backlighting to be 'electric green' ie green with some blue mixed in. I could always do the LEDs myself of course but just wondering. Cheers and keep up the good work!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

The backlight are pure green.

we can also supply Blue, Red, White and Yellow.

It would be pretty easy for you to mount a RGB Strip in the unit bu yourself.

We intend to make a Side unit that can control the light on severel Cub's, with the possibility to switch it on and off, and dimmer the light.

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

• 4 weeks later...

Here is another small update before the sales go live.

when you buy a CUB, you can choose to buy a Power Supply with the CUB, which is only needed for the backlight. If you buy 2 cubs, you wont need another Power Supply, Because the power supply we provide can run several CUB's (10+).

But lets say someone would want 3 CUB's, then you can get a power "splitter" from us, that you can then use to provide power to all units. When we release the Backlight On/Off/Dimmer Box for the CUB's, it will be very simple to install it between the power supply and the CUB's.

The Power supply we provide will be delivered without a "computer" cable, which is the cord from your Electric outlet and to the supply. The reason for this is that there are so many different types, depending on where in the world you live. but that should be real simply for anyone to purchase themselves. Its the same cord that is used for all PC's and most Monitors :)

Hereunder we have the pricelist, not everything is listed, this is to give you the price on the units. There will be many more Options, for example the unit without Backlight will cause the price to go down even further.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plug & Play Pre Assembled Unit With Backlight, Without Panels: 1300 DKK ex.VAT

DIY Assembly Kit With backlight, Without Panels: 910 DKK ex.VAT

(keep in mind that clamping wires and soldering are going to be needed for assembling)

Pre Designed Panel Set From Shop: 255 DKK ex.VAT

Custom Designed Panel Set: 370 DKK ex.VAT

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep in mind that only EU Customers are subject to 25% VAT.

Let me know if you have any questions :)

Edited by LynxDK

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

No problem :)

So far the only predesigned i have made are those for the A-10C.

cub_prototype_11.jpg

cub_prototype_2.jpg

But i intend to make many more, to other aircrafts, and other games too.

If anyone have a game they would want panels for... thats where the custom panels come in.

However, right now im open for all ideas, so if you have any ideas for Panels, dont hold back.

As mentioned before, Custom designed panels will in the beginning of the sale not cost more than the Predesigned Panels :)

Edited by LynxDK

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

My name is Tigershark...and I approve of these boxes :-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Creator of:

F-18C VFA-195 "Dambusters" 1998 CAG Livery

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=213788

F-18C VFA-195 "Dambusters" July 2001 CAG Livery

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215950

Pilot avatars for DCS Logbook

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221160

How to make a DCS A-10C Panel

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=65998

I plan to buy a few of these!! I'd love to be able to use them in DCS World, BMS Falcon 4.33, and P3D. Have you come up with any BMS Falcon panels yet?

Wait in line german :thumbup:

ICP on the drawing board is the news of the week for me mate

I plan to buy a few of these!! I'd love to be able to use them in DCS World, BMS Falcon 4.33, and P3D. Have you come up with any BMS Falcon panels yet?

I have not no, because im not really playing all those simulators... not yet :)

However, if someone would be interested in helping me design panels for those games, it would be much appreciated :)

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

I will take two of these for my VR pits especially with custom faceplates. These are a great idea and look very well made (like the base of the warthog throttle quadrant).

Landing Gear Lever Module - Please do it. Something that is self contained and able to stand vertically for a solid feel and naturally operated. Would by Christmas time be pushing it? :)

From a VR perspective, you should be able to reach out and operate quite a number of switches and systems without actually seeing them. VR can and does work well with a detailed sim-pit.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908