Lynx Cockpit Utility Brick "Button box"

Thank you guys.

cub_1_ru_5.jpg

Well, the text is in Russian. Almost :). "ЛУСК" should be "ПУСК", "ВУЛЕЖ"-> "РУЛЕЖ", "РАКЕТНЫ"-> "РАКЕТЫ". Of course it's critical for the purists only :)

That is unfortunate, of course i dont speak russian myself, but that need changed of course :)

Would deffo be interested in the box. I have a lot of BUO836 interfaces around, so the arduino would be excess to requirement, as would the switches, as I have plenty.

So - I can't justify the expense of the whole package but I would certainly buy the panel box.

PS - I wouldn't need any labels, either, as I would make different label sheets to go on top for various aircraft and sims.

That is no problem, you will be able to buy the various parts that you would like, and make your own "CUB" box. :) you dont have to buy more than you need.

As for the orders, im adding the different parts to the Webshop now, it might take some time tho.

I also will post a little more pictures with info later today.

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank lynx. I tried it with transparent sheets, but I needed like five to make sure the light wasn't leaking through But this was clear transparent film with black background and the actual font that "clear"

Anyway, I just ordered MPCNC so hopefully I can just engrave it.

Your stuff looks awesome!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Okay, so here is a little more Info with pictures :)

The CUB unit is sold but itself without panels.

Then you can buy some premade panels, clear panels, or get some special engraved.

The CUB itself is a very simple build, a box with switches, and an Arduino with some code, that makes it show up on the Computer as a Plug and Play Joystick. Its pure plug and play, but i recommend that you download the driver from Arduino's Website.

The unit can be made exactly to your needs, which means that Backlight, Panels, Power supply and accessories is all optional, and its totally up to you what you want, and what suits you needs best.

Lets show some pictures of the Power connection of the CUB:

cub_1_11.jpg

Here you see the connection on the cubs bottom.

cub_1_12.jpg

The power cord fits into the hole in the bottom.

cub_1_13.jpg

And when finished, the cord runs out from benieth, and on the side:

cub_1_14.jpg

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

The CUB unit Plug and Play alone looks like this from the get go, whether you have Backlight installed or not, the exterior is the same:

cub_1_4.jpg

cub_1_5.jpg

cub_1_6.jpg

The unit has a 3 meter USB cable, and it varies in color from black/white braided wire, to green/black braided wire.

The power supply is needed if you want backlight, and is big enough to supply up to 6 CUB's, so even if someone would want 2, only 1 power supply is needed. To supply more CUB's we are looking to get some "splitter" cables in the shop, but i can also link to some on ebay which would work.

Here is the Power Supply:

cub_1_40.jpg

cub_1_41.jpg

However, please note that we dont supply a Power cable from the Outlet in you wall to the Power Supply.

This is because there are many different version depending on where in the world your from, so we make it up to you, to simple get a normal cable, like the one supplying your computer with power, and plug it in the Power Supply.

We are working on a "Dimmer" CUB version, which is a very small CUB, which you connect your power supply to, and then from that you supply the others, then you can turn the backlight on and off, and dimmer the light.

Edited by LynxDK
Corrected 8 to 6 CUBs Supported by the Power Supply

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

If we take a look inside the cub, you will see this:

cub_1_45.jpg

cub_1_46.jpg

cub_1_47.jpg

cub_1_48.jpg

The whole setup is made as simple as possible, which makes it possible for those who want a DIY version to assemble it themselves, with only a few tools.

In this CUB 1, its only the backlight that needs soldering.

The height inside however, is very small, there is absolutely no room for anything else that what we put there. This is because we made it the same size as the Warthog Throttle, and that gave us a couple of problems to solve.

Fx the Arduino sits benieth the bottom of the bottom plate, in a 3D printed Case. This is to make room for the wires to go from the Arduino to the Switches. You could solder the wires on to make more room, but that makes it more hard, and time consuming to assemble.

However, for all of you guys who want to make you own, who only need the Frame and the backplate etc. Its possible to make a higher version of the frame, to give more space for another I/O card, and wiring, just let me know what you would like, and we will find a solution.

Edited by LynxDK

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

Hi Lynx,

I'm in for 2 x custom CUBs as per emails. This is perfect for enhancing both VR and nonVR pits and I do love the way you are able to customize the panels for your customers. Really looking forward to what else you can fabricate. Just hope you can keep up with demand :)

Cheers

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

So to get the prices up on the board again, i promised srom prices som time ago, and that was these:

Plug & Play Pre Assembled Unit With Backlight, Without Panels: 1300 DKK ex.VAT and paypal Fees.

DIY Assembly Kit With backlight, Without Panels: 910 DKK ex.VAT and paypal Fees.

(keep in mind that clamping wires and soldering are going to be needed for assembling)

Pre Designed Panel Set From Shop: 255 DKK ex.VAT and paypal Fees.

Custom Designed Panel Set: 370 DKK ex.VAT and paypal Fees.

Remember that EU customers are subject to VAT. :)

Alltho it has proven that those prices are a little low, we intend to keep our promis, so these prices are what we are going to start with.

I also promised som time ago that the first 20 or so could get Custom engraved Panels at the same price as Pre Designed panels.... and i would like to extend that promis to to say that eveyone who orders whithin the next 4 months will get custom engraved panels at the same price as pre designed panels.

And as much as we would like to join the crazy "Black Friday" discounts, we simply cant... we have done eveything we can to keep the prices as low a possible, and we cant do it any better than this.

I am working on getting pictures of the last products and parts ready, and then it will be possible to order from our shop.

Also i will once again say, that you will have to expect 1 month from the date you order, to the date we ship, and it we get really busy.. it might be longer.... i will apologize in advance for that if that is going to be a reality, but we are only human, and we have to get everything to play together.... also our lives beside this :) But of course... if you order within the next couple of weeks, we will do whatever in our power to get it ready and shipped, so you can get it before christmas.

If anyone have any questions, please dont hold back..... :)

Edited by LynxDK

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

So about $200USD for fully assembled box with one panel. That seems like a very fair price. I wish you the best of luck.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Roughly yes :)

The CUB 1 is now ready for sale: http://lynx.dk/product-category/products/button-boxes/cubs/

and the panels: http://lynx.dk/product-category/products/button-boxes/cub-panels/

I still need to add more pictures and info on the site tho, i will do that the following days.

Also the Parts for the CUB will be added later also.

The DIY assembly have to wait abit, since we are not finished with the assembly plans.

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

Roughly yes :)

The CUB 1 is now ready for sale: http://lynx.dk/product-category/products/button-boxes/cubs/

and the panels: http://lynx.dk/product-category/products/button-boxes/cub-panels/

I still need to add more pictures and info on the site tho, i will do that the following days.

Also the Parts for the CUB will be added later also.

The DIY assembly have to wait abit, since we are not finished with the assembly plans.

Thanks Lynx, ordered 2 custom CUBS and extras.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Thank you everyone.

And all you who supported this, and where interested in this, thank you... without you this would never have come this far.

But we are not finished.... now we will work on the Accessories, the connection brackets, so you can angle the Unit, Backlight Dimmer Module and more panels....

If you guys still have ideas, let me know... :)

The programming of the Arduino has been made so 2 different switch functions can be used. It can act as both a Steady ON connection from the ON/OFF Toggle Switches, but also a short “keypress” when the switch is turned on, and then again a short “keypress” when turned off.

Its easy to switch between the 2 functions, by simply holding down the 2 black Push Buttons for 5 seconds.

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

Awesome work LynxDK.

Just gonna wait a little, for some accessories, and then my credit card goes flying out my pocket :)

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Awesome work LynxDK.

Just gonna wait a little, for some accessories, and then my credit card goes flying out my pocket :)

Thank you :)

Im working on getting the connection brackets ready so the panels can "tilt" in different directions.

The Backlight on/off and "Dimmer" CUB is on the drawing board, and will hopefully soon be available....

nicely done!

Will we see an option for rotary encoders?

Remember: for an VHF/UHF radio-CUB one would need them :smartass:

I´ll wait for the DIY box, then count me in :thumbup:

You will definately see Rotary encoders.

In the CUB 2 there will be encoders, and also switches.... the design i posted earlier will be modified, so you can see it soon. But the CUB 2 will be a unit fro itself, so panels from the CUB 1 dosnt fit the CUB 2 and the other way... The cub 2 will have its own panel Setup :) But again, engravings can be customized

And the functions you have worked on Falke, with the VHF/UHF Radio version for the Flaming Cliffs, are also in the works.

But its going to take 2 Arduino's to get enough Connections, so that particular version might have 2 USB cables running from it.

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

Lynx,

I have a question for you. Do you have SPDT switches in your button box? Like the ones found on AHCP's AHCP's Master Arm, Safe, Train three position switches? If you have them, I wanted to ask you how you mapped it in A10.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

Lynx,

I have a question for you. Do you have SPDT switches in your button box? Like the ones found on AHCP's AHCP's Master Arm, Safe, Train three position switches? If you have them, I wanted to ask you how you mapped it in A10.

That is a very good question.

Yes we have SPDT Switches on the cub, and the truth is that DCS is made so you cant do it without some help.

Personally i use a Neat Free program that is called SV Mapper which can be downloaded here: https://sites.google.com/site/mjoy16/download

The idea is to open the program, switch your switch on and off so you can find the button you need to program in the list. When you have located it in the list "turning red on and off" you simply double click in the "mapped key on release" table relating that switch and set a Keyboard press... Fx. B.

Then you save in top left corner, and start DCS.

Go into controls, and choose the Arduino switch on-position for Master Arm, and the other Arduino Switch on-position for Train, by simply flipping the switch in to the positions you want the functions to be.

And then choose the Keyboard command B for the SAFE.

Now with the SV Mapper software running in the background, you will successfully have all 3 Postitions of the MASTER ARM switch.

However, there are some limits with the SV Mapper... it will only see 3-4 Game Controller.... which will become a problem if you have more than that hooked to your computer.... which most guys have since they have Throttle and Joystick etc.

There might be other Software that supports this, and if anyone know any, that is tested and have the keypress on release feature, feel free to write here and let us know :)

But to eliminate this with the CUB, we are woking on a Programming for the Arduino, which will give the On postition of a switch one Keypress, and the Off Position of a switch a completely different keypress.

This will make the computer think you have 38 buttons on your CUB, and will only work with momentary key press Setup, but that shouldnt be a problem... HOWEVER, we are still working on this, and if we succeed and when its done, it will be up for download, so people can load it into their CUB / Arduino Leonardo Themselves.

But please dont hang me up on this Programming, because its a Work in Progress... but we are aware of the need for it in DCS :)

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

I use Pinnacle game profiler this allows for the off position to trigger an action. I have some On - OFF switches and this works perfect on the release. You can also programe the constent on of a toggle switch to register as a single press.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thank you Lynx. And bouncerj21. I downloaded it all to see if I can get it to work w/o editing default.lua It used to work just fine, but after the upgrade (that introduced the DIFF.LUA files, it's not working for me)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

Im working on getting the connection brackets ready so the panels can "tilt" in different directions.

This would be quite useful! If I could have the panel sit in front of my Warthog throttle and slope up it would fit my setup perfectly!

Looking forward to this addition, the DYI set and the next box! :-)

Fridge

----------

Things which do you no good in aviation:

1) Altitude above you;

2) Runway behind you;

3) Fuel in the truck;

4) The airspeed you don't have.

I'm just here to show my support for a fellow Danish DCS player who also helps out the community.

Keep doing what you're doing, looking good!

Thank you very much :)

This would be quite useful! If I could have the panel sit in front of my Warthog throttle and slope up it would fit my setup perfectly!

Looking forward to this addition, the DYI set and the next box! :-)

right now my idea was to make the sloped angles as they are in the A-10C, are there any wishes for the angles to be steeper, or maybe its too much?

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram