How to use Model Viewer to view liveries?

Focha

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

On 12/30/2020 at 11:20 AM, ESA_Falke said:

Good morning to all,

Yesterday when I tried to open model viewer 2, when I loaded the model the program crash without further ado. Has anyone had this problem?

Cheers

dcs.20201230-091437.crash 2.6 kB · 18 downloads

Hi Falke

This method posted by CHSubZero in April 8, 2020, on this same thread, worked for me, when I had this issue

On 4/8/2020 at 4:31 PM, CHSubZero said:

After every use of the Model Viewer you have to delete ...\Saved Games\edModelViewer2\Config\ModelViewer2.json. This is the only way the liveries tool and the file system browser tool are working here on my computer every time.

• 1 month later...

Hello all!

Is there already a way to load a skin from the SAVED GAMES folder?

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2021 at 6:06 PM, =Skywarp= said:

Hello all!

Is there already a way to load a skin from the SAVED GAMES folder?

I have not found a way to do so.  I put them all in the base game folders till I'm done editing then move them over to the Saved Games.  It's a pain, especially since I've had issues in the past if I wound up with them in two locations.  

• Thanks 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 3:59 PM, Leadnap said:

I would kill for a reload feature to work - Windows thinks the viewer is the most used application by me based on the number of times I open it vs other applications.

For anyone that comes across this comment, the current software has a means of reloading textures, but note that it does not provide a work around for having to copy your DDS files into the game folder as described in the tutorials.

Once you have updated your textures, copy them to the proper folder as normal, then inside the Model Viewer 2, simply use Tools>Reload Textures.

I'm new to using the program, so I can't guarantee that it works, but I've not run into any problems with it yet.

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Urbi said:

Here again a working model viewer with the user liveries. In the picture above you can see in which path the autoexec.lua has to be. My username is in the path in the tab, this is in some places in the autoexec. After opening the lua with the editor, replace my name with your name, which you can read in the tab, then it should work

Aufnahme211.png

autoexec.lua 4.53 kB · 4 downloads

EDIT: Thanks! It works for me now. I had collision with one .lua modification, now resolved.

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
On 7/23/2020 at 6:51 AM, Ziramond said:

so my liveries tool literally disappeared. I can press ctrl+L 16million times and it never shows up, it will enable it and disable it in the tools menu but it literally just isn't there. any help?

Old post - but I had the same issue & was just as frustrated.

Seems deleting the folder edModelViewerTrunk under your Saved Games folder & restarting the Modelviewer cured this for me.

Hope this helps any other aspiring liveries creators out there

could've just opened it and changed the Liveries window position / size so it's back on the screen.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

7 hours ago, SkateZilla said:

could've just opened it and changed the Liveries window position / size so it's back on the screen.

Hi SkateZilla

Thanks for replying & explaining - good to learn new things (or re-learn old things 😀)

Haven't used ModelViewer in a while & was always used to the Liveries Tool popping out as a new window (and being very visible), when selecting in the Tools menu or pressing ctrl+L.

Forgot it could be tucked away & searched for a solution - when it wasn't popping out for me on selection, when I came across poor Ziramond's "16 million times" post.

Related to his frustration 😀