Coordinated turn.

smnwrx

I was flying around Nevada and noticed I needed a lot more angle of bank to keep my rate of turn the same as the tanker. I also noticed at 30 degrees angle of bank/ circa 300kts it took a full boot of bottom rudder to coordinate the turn according to the slip indicator. Basically a partial skid. It seemed consitant no matter my weapon configuration. I'm not sure if the behavior is intended so I thought I'd bring it up. Haven't tested in release version.

Edit: 1.5 seems fine

Edited by smnwrx

Hehe you sound exactly as my friend He was complaining about the exact same thing

Hmm, witch version is he flying? As far as I can tell there is a definite difference between the 1.5 and 2.0 rudder logic in flight. I keep checking my axis set up to make sure it isn't operator error.

Also I timed the turn in V2.0 and at 30* AOB I was only turning about 50* per minute

Edited by smnwrx

I was flying around Nevada and noticed I needed a lot more angle of bank to keep my rate of turn the same as the tanker. I also noticed at 30 degrees angle of bank/ circa 300kts it took a full boot of bottom rudder to coordinate the turn according to the slip indicator. Basically a partial skid. It seemed consitant no matter my weapon configuration. I'm not sure if the behavior is intended so I thought I'd bring it up. Haven't tested in release version.

Edit: 1.5 seems fine

I'm seeing the same thing in the current alpha build. A turn at constant altitude with 45 degree bank results in about 1.0G (in the F2 external view) whereas it ought to be about 1.4G. Similarly, staying in formation with a tanker during a turn is very tough because the same bank angle and speed no longer results in the same turn rate/radius, and it should. Something definitely seems wonky in the latest build.

+1. Something seem really wrong with turns dynamics in that build.

Edited by fulcrum_64th

:pilotfly:

win 10x64 - Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero - I9 9900K@5.0GHz - Samsung 970 EVO m2 2TB - RAM Corsair 64GB DDR4 - Corsair H150i pro - Strix RTX 2080 Ti- oculus rift S and a few other goodies :joystick:

+1. Something really seem wrong in that build.

Yea it's a bummer. Makes it hard for me to enjoy the mirage this build. Oh well, I'm sure it will be sorted in short order. Guess I'm just glad others are seeing it and I'm not losing it or something.

Excellent comms between the devs and the users. Really looking forward to flying the future iterations of the mirage and count me in as a client for your next planes.

:pilotfly:

win 10x64 - Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero - I9 9900K@5.0GHz - Samsung 970 EVO m2 2TB - RAM Corsair 64GB DDR4 - Corsair H150i pro - Strix RTX 2080 Ti- oculus rift S and a few other goodies :joystick:

Looks like there's a new issue somewhere in the yaw axis regarding the M2KC. Something has changed. Even though the yaw trim doesn't work yet, now A2A are very difficult because you have to keep the correct yaw manually all the way. It's seems that the M2K flies like a rocket now, having trouble turning with a simple bank angle, it has tendencies to fly in a straight line even with quite a high bank angle. In order to refuel without any yaw, you'll need about two times the bank angle of the tanker which is absurd. I'm glad I'm not the only one who have noticed it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks like there's a new issue somewhere in the yaw axis regarding the M2KC. Something has changed. Even though the yaw trim doesn't work yet, now A2A are very difficult because you have to keep the correct yaw manually all the way. It's seems that the M2K flies like a rocket now, having trouble turning with a simple bank angle, it has tendencies to fly in a straight line even with quite a high bank angle. In order to refuel without any yaw, you'll need about two times the bank angle of the tanker which is absurd. I'm glad I'm not the only one who have noticed it.

Smiley's post #11 above explains exactly what you're experiencing.