50fps but huge lag spikes in MP 1.5.3

Dugong

Everything was performing really well with 1.5.2, but now with the 1.5.3 patch im getting good fps (50fps+) but enormous lag spikes/stutters in MP only. In single player it seems fine, maybe a bit worse than 1.5.2, however MP is pretty much unplayable as it stands.

I have it too, in single player. I hope it´s the new update that cause this problem. I have jjust change my CPU from a I7 870 to I7 4790K. I also have 12gb ram GTX 980. Getting 60fps in cockpit, but it drops when I look around, f3 view are now unplayable, F2 and then zoom out makes everything look very blurry. With my old CPU and motherboard DCS world run really great.

Windows 10 pro 64bit | Intel I7 4790K@ 4GHz | 24GB Crucial ballistix sport 1600MHz DDR3 | ASUS Strix GTX1080Ti OC | Crucial mx 100 250Gb SSD | Crucial mx 300 520Gb SSD "Game disc"| Samsung 1Tb HDD |

• ED Team

Dugong, add your system spec to your post please.

karkka, turn off depth of field in your settings

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Turning off DoF solved the blur problem, And that makes me wondering how good computer do you really need to play this game on high setting. Would more ram be better?

but I still have stuttering and frame drop when look around. I have the beta installed on my HDD maybe I should try the release and install on my SSD if that's makes the game run better. Now I can hear the HDD working when looking around in the game, maybe the HDD are to slow.

Windows 10 pro 64bit | Intel I7 4790K@ 4GHz | 24GB Crucial ballistix sport 1600MHz DDR3 | ASUS Strix GTX1080Ti OC | Crucial mx 100 250Gb SSD | Crucial mx 300 520Gb SSD "Game disc"| Samsung 1Tb HDD |

Turning off DoF solved the blur problem, And that makes me wondering how good computer do you really need to play this game on high setting. Would more ram be better?

but I still have stuttering and frame drop when look around. I have the beta installed on my HDD maybe I should try the release and install on my SSD if that's makes the game run better. Now I can hear the HDD working when looking around in the game, maybe the HDD are to slow.

If you are hearing HDD load that is not a good sign, it most likely means the RAM is not enough a system starts using page file on the HDD, and HDD are very slow compared to RAM.

No longer active in DCS...

If you are hearing HDD load that is not a good sign, it most likely means the RAM is not enough a system starts using page file on the HDD, and HDD are very slow compared to RAM.

Okey what do you recommend me to do? I have a good price on 2x8gb ram. and that would add to my system 2x4gb and 2x8 gb. 24gb would be enough I hope.

Otherwise I can try the release on my SSD.

Okey what do you recommend me to do? I have a good price on 2x8gb ram. and that would add to my system 2x4gb and 2x8 gb. 24gb would be enough I hope.

Otherwise I can try the release on my SSD.

wait, you have 12GB of system RAM? and GTX980... with 4GB vRAM? Is this right?

SSD won't help if accessing Page File is the case. Also more sticks of RAM is not better, it means more devices for CPU to talk to and that only slows it down a bit... it's better to have 2x 8GB RAM sticks then 4x 4GB RAM.

Can you first try (download if yo don't already have) GPU-Z and keep it running as you play DCS, and monitor how much vRAM usage it has. If vRAM is maxed out try lowering some settings first. Also post your in game settings.

Edited by Kuky

Yes you are right about my system spec.

I have tried MSI afterburner, and in cockpit the GPU load are around 30% F3 view it goes up to 100% and lagging. That was when I had Dof enabled, I have no tried it with Off yet.

Yes the author is like MANY other people here, since 1.5.3, it's terrible how laggy is DCS, and stop saying that our systems are the issue, clearly it's the update because everything was perfect before that and in my case all my other sim/games work perfect.

I hope dev are hearing our isssues, the "Game performance" section of the forum is full of this particular problem since 1.5.3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Youtube Channel

Ryzen 2600 -- GTX980 4Go -- 16Go RAM 3200Mhz -- TM Warthog + Rudder Pedals -- HomeMade trackIR

I (and many others) run the same 1.5.3 as you and I don't have performance issue. So it can only be your system & game settings.

I have the same issue and this time it is even worse with the 2.0.1 version. Now with the 2.0.1 version my FPS average is even less as before. I have although not a bad rig. :cry:

| I9 9900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO] |16 GB DDR4 HyperX 3466 MHz | SSD EVO 840 1 TB | MSI 2080TI GAMING X TRIO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27" 2560 X 1440 | TRACK IR 5 | THERMALTAKE CORE X9 | HOTAS WARTHOG |MFG CROSSWIND|

my settings are at maximum except only flat schadow

| I9 9900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO] |16 GB DDR4 HyperX 3466 MHz | SSD EVO 840 1 TB | MSI 2080TI GAMING X TRIO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27" 2560 X 1440 | TRACK IR 5 | THERMALTAKE CORE X9 | HOTAS WARTHOG |MFG CROSSWIND|

Please post screenshot of it. When you say maximum it looks like you have them set too high. You should reduce your setting (one at the time) and see which one gives you most FPS. It's the only way to do it.

And now I want to make a "disclaimer":

The terrain visibility settings that were changed in 1.5.3 do not affect 2.0.1 as Nevada uses different files for that, and they weren't changed ;)

Edited by Kuky

i have tried to set them a bit under but i did not see improvements. I can not post it at once but i can send them to you if you want ?

ok thank you :thumbup:

Yes the author is like MANY other people here, since 1.5.3, it's terrible how laggy is DCS, and stop saying that our systems are the issue, clearly it's the update because everything was perfect before that and in my case all my other sim/games work perfect.

I hope dev are hearing our isssues, the "Game performance" section of the forum is full of this particular problem since 1.5.3

I run 2.01 and 1.53 with MSAA 4X, Filtering 16X, flat shadows only, terrain shadows off, FOV off, HDR off, mirrors on, lens effects off. Traffic Medium. Mustangs tree fix in 1.53. Vscync off but forced on card.

No other Mods at present. Terrain in both builds is the best I have ever seen it without mods.

I usually run Bartheks and may put it back in 1.5 when he finishes version 5, especially for the mountains.

All other settings are maxed out.

High frames and butter smooth, no stutter what so ever SP or MP in both builds. Crashes are very rare for me.

With VSync off I see frames up to 200 in the wild blue, lowest I have seen anywhere else is high 40s but that is rare. I run vsynch because I don't like cockpit frame tearing when I look around with TIR.

Sure it's a strong system, but I get tired of seeing so many complaints about it being the Sim.

If your system is not high end then you will just have to lower your settings for starters and accept you can't run high graphics.

I built this system specifically for DCS and SC in anticipation of NTTR and Edge a little over a year ago.

See spoiler for system.

Screen_160227_094129.thumb.jpg.cd7578fb80f37e0680cba2fb381b1ce1.jpg

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Hi Kuky here are my settings :smilewink:

Capture.thumb.PNG.49ae23cfb35fe3a74eca63434d16f55d.PNG

• ED Team
I guess ED is just turning DCS into a program that only harware techies that upgrade all 6 months are able to enjoy.

Complete nonsense

Requirements are clear and pretty standard today.

Minimum system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i3; RAM: 8 GB; Free hard disk space: 60 GB; Video: 2 GB RAM card, DirectX11 - compatible; requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+; RAM: 16GB; Hard disk space: 60 GB; Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX780 / ATI R9 290 DirectX11 or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

MMh yeah 16Go of ram and a GPU that cost more than 300€, that's standard.

The fact is that the game ran VERY GOOD until 1.5.3, our PC aren't the problem, it's this update that ****ed up everything.

All people complaining about that understand the clearly, it's the fault of DCS, but in the other hand, ED Tester keep saying that the issue is caused by our PC, and it's 99% false (1% is the DOF effect :p ).

I'm bored to have to fight issues against issues, to have to fix a sim that is suppose to have reach a stable version ! In fact even the first release of 1.5 was a lot better for my framerate...

Edited by Theskyline35

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Youtube Channel

Ryzen 2600 -- GTX980 4Go -- 16Go RAM 3200Mhz -- TM Warthog + Rudder Pedals -- HomeMade trackIR

You should be well aware that their won't be a true stable version until everything is all in Dcs 2.0. That's how I look at it anyway. I find it odd that many upon many I fly with have no problems but yet a few on these forums are going bat sh.. Because one they refuse to understand the engine is constantly changing and advancing and two don't take the time and realize their pc will no longer be able to run Dcs world at True high settings.

Go make a comparison between 153 settings and 152 it's crazy how much better 153 looks. It's a simulator you should have as much ram as you can get and a highly overclocked cpu.

I have no problems with 153 and I'm no tester and I run it at a higher resolution standard then probably 90 percent of the Dcs world community. I lowered my visibility settings and that squared me away.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Complete nonsense

Requirements are clear and pretty standard today.

I have never seen a game with 16GB recommened RAM. Can you show me me one?

*edit: X-plane 10 seems to have pretty awesome RAM recommention 16-20 GB.

(I'm not saying that games shouldn't require more and more powerful systems. These new heights are just not pretty standard.)

Edited by Tonike

Core i7-2600K @ 4.7Ghz, Asus GTX 980 strix 4Gb VRAM, 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz, Samsung 1 TB SSD, Samsung spinpoint F3 HDD, MB P8P67 PRO rev 3.1.