The Alarm that shall not be silenced!!

bunraku

On some landings although I don't get any damage indicators I assume that the landings not been to standard as an alarm sounds. It's identical to the normal warning alarm, but the master caution buttons doesn't flash and pressing the button doesn't do anything.

Is there any way to silence it once it goes off??

Thanks

Actually after the wheels touch down. Not all the time, but sometimes. I've noticed on previous landings where the gear has maybe been damaged. That's a long time ago. but sometimes if my landings maybe too heavy, then the alarm goes sometimes. although I get no damage recorded and the landing seemed ok to me.

You've damaged the gear. The silence button is just below the APU start switch.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Pitot Heater Switch can also cause a never ending Alarm.

Speaking of which, I don't remember where but I read that leaving it on for too long can cause it to overheat, but when I watch any kind of tutorials there is no mention ever of turning it off until you are shutting down. Do you need to? Can it really cause any problems in the DCS simulation?

Speaking of which, I don't remember where but I read that leaving it on for too long can cause it to overheat, but when I watch any kind of tutorials there is no mention ever of turning it off until you are shutting down. Do you need to? Can it really cause any problems in the DCS simulation?

You are supposed to turn pitot heating on when your aircraft is in motion (before take-off). And turn it off when your aircraft is stationary (landed and parked) or any lengthy period when aircraft is stationary on the ground.

It should not overheat when you are flying. You will get in more trouble if you have it off during your flight, you'll start noticing variance of IAS until it actually reads 0 on a frozen pitot tube.

You are supposed to turn pitot heating on when your aircraft is in motion (before take-off). And turn it off when your aircraft is stationary (landed and parked) or any lengthy period when aircraft is stationary on the ground.

It should not overheat when you are flying. You will get in more trouble if you have it off during your flight, you'll start noticing variance of IAS until it actually reads 0 on a frozen pitot tube.

Ahhh, thanks for explaining that :)