[Not the point of the FC aeries] Giving Advanced Systems modeling for FC3 planes

WelshZeCorgi

I've always wondered why ED doesn't upgrade the SU-27, the F-15, the frogfoot and the A10-A to the "study sim standards" giving them clickable cockpits, high fidelity systems, etc... etc... etc...

Why is that? I would totally buy a A-10A, F-15 and SU-27 and frogfoot if it had the same functionality as the Mig-21Bis and A-10C. (I didn't buy them because of that. And I don't plan to buy them until they do)

Edited by WelshZeCorgi

but I wonder what you'd hope to get out of a full A-10A you can't get out of the A-10C?

Just curiosity I guess. There are differences between the A and C. And I'd like to try the penny packet system... whatever you call that little pod on the right side of the A-10A cockpit. I also believe (don't quote me) that there is no PAC-1 on the A, which makes gun runs a little harder, due to the kickback recoil, also you don't have the TGP available.

Who said they weren't working on it? IIRC, the F-15C cockpit model is already set up for animated switches.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I would pay good money for any fast mover from FC3 to be converted to a fully modeled module. I've been playing with the Mirage recently and it is much more immersive than the FC3 planes.

Two things really, time and money.

That's all there is to it, and don't forget, most of the airframes have already gotten significant updates compared to there FC2 or earlier incarnations.

And last, who say's there not working on it? We don't know they are, but that doesn't mean there not.

Think its rather unlikely though. Maybe when NTTR, DCS 2.0 the FA-18 and the carrier updates are done.

(done as in, out of BETA)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Is there a reason ED isn't working on this? I took a look at the "roadmap" for DCS releases and found nothing on upgrading the FC3 planes to full fidelity standards.

Some time ago, Belsimtek talk about a "hardcore" avionic F-15C version, but, BSK has say nothing more about them, we dont know if has on a "silent" develop, the same has the status of our AH-1 / Mi-24 projects.

Realistically I don't think we'll hear about this until sometime in 2018. The F-18 will come sometime in 2017 and I think that's what their main focus is. If they don't have the manpower for getting the rest of FC3 up to par then it will take a while. Hopefully they will decide that there is enough demand to expedite these wishlist projects. But I won't hold my breath.

Realistically I don't think we'll hear about this until sometime in 2018. The F-18 will come sometime in 2017 and I think that's what their main focus is. If they don't have the manpower for getting the rest of FC3 up to par then it will take a while. Hopefully they will decide that there is enough demand to expedite these wishlist projects. But I won't hold my breath.

ED have already announced that we'll see an early release F-18 this year.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of guessing but if you do, please caveat your post saying so, especially when there's public info to the contrary.

Edited by Flamin_Squirrel

@ EKG, (and others)

Because there's already been hundreds of threads like this?

And it has already been stated an even greater amount of times that this is not the point of the FC3 aircraft?

The point of them is to cater for a different audience that enjoys the level of simulation they represent.

As well as offering modules at a different price level then lets say the A-10C

And if were going to the "but this is a wishlist forum" then each thread created should be closed after the initial post.

Cause someone's wishes are just that, and more then likely not open to discussion.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

@ EKG, (and others)

Because there's already been hundreds of threads like this?

And it has already been stated an even greater amount of times that this is not the point of the FC3 aircraft?

The point of them is to cater for a different audience that enjoys the level of simulation they represent.

As well as offering modules at a different price level then lets say the A-10C

And if were going to the "but this is a wishlist forum" then each thread created should be closed after the initial post.

Cause someone's wishes are just that, and more then likely not open to discussion.

I'm not sure how to interpret this. Do you mean that there will never be ASM Su-27, MiG-29, F-15, Su-25 because there is FC3?

Just curiosity I guess. There are differences between the A and C. And I'd like to try the penny packet system... whatever you call that little pod on the right side of the A-10A cockpit. I also believe (don't quote me) that there is no PAC-1 on the A, which makes gun runs a little harder, due to the kickback recoil, also you don't have the TGP available.

The pave penny pod wasnt modeled on the A10C so i guess it's classified , wich means it wont be on an A10A module either. You can disable pac on the a10c aswell, and fly without tgp.

I'm not saying there shouldnt be an a10A in DCS , i would buy it if it existed , but it's totally possible to fly the a10c the way you would fly an a10a if that's what you're into. I've done it myself many times. Disable the right mfd or use it only for mavs , and use the left mfd for dsms only.

Y I'm not even sure why the FC series need to be continued, is there such a demand that is equal to or greater than the demands for full fidelity models?

Have a search through - this has been brought up many, many times - and the answer is "Yes"!

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

also, it would be very unfair for ed to build 5 full modules for free (all the retroactive updates for all already owning fc3), and it would be unfair for current fc3 owners to have their purchase phased out if a "new" hifi fc3 came out.

a hifi fc3 has to be a separate product because the nature of it and the amount of work that would go into goes way beyond what we already have in fc3.

edit: shame on any of you who secretly hope to use this as a way to mooch free hifi planes -__-

Edited by probad

also, it would be very unfair for ed to build 5 full modules for free (all the retroactive updates for all already owning fc3), and it would be unfair for current fc3 owners to have their purchase phased out if a "new" hifi fc3 came out.

current fc3 and a hifi fc3 simply cannot coexist at the same time, they have to be separate products.

I'd be willing to shell out an extra $20-30-40 dollars so that ED could make a hifi F-15c and provide a free upgrade for those that have the old F-15C from FC3. That's just me though and as in previous posts, there is a demand for a lower fi, lower cost sim.

I'd be willing to shell out an extra $20-30-40 dollars so that ED could make a hifi F-15c and provide a free upgrade for those that have the old F-15C from FC3.

how does this work? who else pays for the work other than you if everyone else gets grandfathered? only new buyers have to shoulder the burden of paying for the work? or are you trying to go all donationware on this?

how does this work? who else pays for the work other than you if everyone else gets grandfathered? only new buyers have to shoulder the burden of paying for the work? or are you trying to go all donationware on this?

New buyers, I just voiced my opinion and know it's not a popular one.

Edit: didn't think you were going to get so angry over that...

If I'm not mistaken FC3 is the last of the lock-on series. Right now they are doing updates specifically the MiG ans Su-33. After that's done I'm not sure there will be more to develop. However at the same time there will be a full fidelity F-18 and F-14. We already have M-2000C as well. It only makes sense to upgrade the Russian 4th Gen planes (Su-27 and MiG-29) to ASM as stand alone modules. I personally don't care how much they want to charge for it, I'll pay it.

I hope there's enough of us making noise over this so that ED can allocate resources to making this happen.

A. Most of the New FC3 Pits are Setup with Animations and Clickpoints

B. A-10A Suite 2 was planned before USAF Gave Permission to do A-10C Suite 3

C. Some of the Gen 4 Aircraft Still have Highly Classified Systems and even more so for Eastern Modern Jets.

Which presents a lil bit of a roadblock.

D. With the new PFMs for F15C etc, a majority of the non combat systems have been revamped (hydrualics, fuel, etc etc)

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

If I'm not mistaken FC3 is the last of the lock-on series. Right now they are doing updates specifically the MiG ans Su-33. After that's done I'm not sure there will be more to develop. However at the same time there will be a full fidelity F-18 and F-14. We already have M-2000C as well. It only makes sense to upgrade the Russian 4th Gen planes (Su-27 and MiG-29) to ASM as stand alone modules. I personally don't care how much they want to charge for it, I'll pay it.

I hope there's enough of us making noise over this so that ED can allocate resources to making this happen.

YES... F-18 & F-14... DROOL... *FOAMING AT MOUTH, CHOKING ON SPIT, FAINTING*

foaming-mouth-guy1.gif?w=535

Edited by WelshZeCorgi