Help- Keyboard has completely stopped working

Keyboard has completely stopped working in both 1.5 alpha and 2.0 beta all of a sudden. I use a Logitech Extreme 3d pro, a Logitech G710+ keyboard and a Logitech G602 mouse. Only the keyboard has stopped functioning. Both the mouse and the joystick are fine. Only change has been a Windows 10 update that was applied last night after my last gaming session. No other changes.

I have searched the forums and the internet. The only similar (but outdated) problem that I could find provided a solution of "deleting the keyboard folder" in the saved games folder. I did that and even went a step further and deleted both (1.5 & 2.0) saved games folders completely. This did not help. No inputs on my keyboard work. Not even ESC to pause or end the game. I have to "task manager" out to return to desktop. The only thing on the keyboard that functions is my volume control. I can also hit "alt + enter" at the main menu window to go full screen. As soon as the game is up and running, the keyboard is dead!

Help!

Thanks

Eric :)

FIXED- Had something to do with the latest Windows 10 update as it related to my Xbox one controller that was also plugged in to one of my usb's. As soon as I disconnected that controller....problem solved. Hope this helps anyone else with a similar configuration. Cheers :)

Edited by erick
Fixed problem

I7 4790k EVGA 1080ti FTW 16gb Corsair Dominator Acer Predator 2k 165hz Thrustmaster Pedals & Warthog TrackIr5

My friend David has the exact same problem. He does not have a forum account, but this is what he said his exact problem was:

quote:

I am having problems with my Xbox One controller. First of all I have over 340 hours in game using my xbox one controller and keyboard for input. I recently tried playing the game and I cannot use my keyboard when my xbox one controller is plugged in. If I unplug the controller the keyboard works fine. When I plug in the xbox one controller the keyboard quits working and the xbox one controller works. I cannot use them both simultaneously. Please try to recreate this problem and find a fix for it. Like i said the older version of the game worked fine with this combination. Also, one of my friends also tested this and had the same problem. One of my other friends is using xbox 360 controller and keyboard with no problem with the newest version of the game. When DCS 2.0 first came out it worked fine also but now it does not work. Thank you.

/quote

I have an Xbox one controller and plugged it in to test it out. I also have the same problem with an Xbox one controller plugged in. The keyboard will not function at all. So, that makes at least three of us with this exact problem. I'm sure there are more out there.

• 2 years later...

Trying logging out and back in to DCS 2.5.1 Beta. After my April update I found that DCS was not logged in. Once I logged back in, all my connections were back.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

I also got this problem suddenly in DCS latest (non BETA ) release, worked fine....then suddenly, no keyboard functionality at all.

I suspect its me first as Im a new user...

T-38/AC-130/MC-130/B737/B757/B767/B777/A320/CJ-6/Yak-50

I.7 6700K/32G3200RAM/GTX1080/TRKIR/RIFT/TMWarthog

DCS Beginner.

• 1 year later...

It won't necessarily be everyone's problem, but Windows can have an annoying habit of taking the focus from your DCS, or other, window, so when the keyboard stops working, just check that the DCS window is still the active one.

if the DCS focus has been "stolen", then you can explore "whodunnit" and how you might prevent it in the future.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

August 2022, windows 11, after both win update and dcs update - the keyboard stops working after about 3 minutes of playing. I run it vanilla, after cleaning and repairing. I'ts become completely unplayable. every module has this behavior. no xbox controller is connected. 

AMD Ryzen 3 3900X @5Ghz

G.Skill 64GB RAM @3200Mhz

nVidia GTX 980ti

SAMSUNG 250GB SATA SSD

Corsair H100i AIO

Conductonaut thermal liquid metal

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & TPR

Leap Motion

it does work in anything else, yes. 

I see now that I can reproduce this in the apache by pressing L.ALT+C, and then it loses all functionality. in the apache my mouse doesn't seem to pan in F2 or do zoon in or out with the wheel. in other modules it does though. 

AMD Ryzen 3 3900X @5Ghz

nVidia GTX 980ti

SAMSUNG 250GB SATA SSD

Corsair H100i AIO

Leap Motion

unfortunately, this is not the solution. I can trigger this bug mainly by pressing F10, and t hen waiting for it to get stuck on me. maybe this will help:

DxDiag.txt

dcs.log

Edited by ambision

AMD Ryzen 3 3900X @5Ghz

nVidia GTX 980ti

SAMSUNG 250GB SATA SSD

Corsair H100i AIO

Leap Motion

Same issue here. Keyboard stops working in game after about 3-4 minutes. Now xbox controller. Happened right after latest OB update.

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

I think we can close the case:

After formatting to Windows 11 stable release, the keyboard issue is gone. 

It's interesting to try and see what's the root cause with the Dev release of windows 11 is, since these updates will inevitably trickle down to the stable version in a couple of months. se of windows 1, since these updates will inevitably trickle down to the stable version in a couple of months. 

I'll update the forums as well. 

AMD Ryzen 3 3900X @5Ghz

nVidia GTX 980ti

SAMSUNG 250GB SATA SSD

Corsair H100i AIO

Leap Motion

Any updates? Still issue free?

I also have a DelanClip so disabled Mouse look on the X360 Controller incase that had something to do with it. Still keeps freezing Keyboard and mouse out. Stopping me escaping mission etc

I am on a Insider Preview of Win 11 so possibly something to do with that?