LotAtc 4 DCS - 1.0.0

• 3 weeks later...

New question, I don’t see that this has been asked...

We have a server with two instances of DCS dedicated servers running on it. Since they’re on the same box, both dedicated servers have the same IP, they’re just using different port numbers.

Lot ATC doesn’t seem to like this. We have a LotATC config lua in each DCS installation folder with different LotATC port numbers assigned (10310 for one server and 10311 for the other). Clients can connect to one server (10310) but not the other.

Any suggestions related to this setup?

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

Oh, and one more..

I log on as Blue coalition and all the blue aircraft are displayed as Unknown with TNxxxx unit names. If I change an aircraft to Friendly, I would then expect it's tag to change to it's multiplayer name, but it doesn't. What do I have set wrong, or is this a bug?

Capture1.PNG.a4ea4d3ed6091d7d42353b5833365366.PNG

Capture2.PNG.8f0a8ee36da6c834ea55c6653563af39.PNG

Edited by Spiceman

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

New question, I don’t see that this has been asked...

We have a server with two instances of DCS dedicated servers running on it. Since they’re on the same box, both dedicated servers have the same IP, they’re just using different port numbers.

Lot ATC doesn’t seem to like this. We have a LotATC config lua in each DCS installation folder with different LotATC port numbers assigned (10310 for one server and 10311 for the other). Clients can connect to one server (10310) but not the other.

Any suggestions related to this setup?

LotAtc is fully compatible with dedicated setup and can run in parallel. Each LotAtc should have its own port of course, be sure to install it correctly, you can use this help: https://www.lotatc.com/documentation/dedicated.html

(be sure to setup correctly Config/options.lua and Mods/tech/LotAtc/config.lua for EACH instance)

Oh, and one more..

I log on as Blue coalition and all the blue aircraft are displayed as Unknown with TNxxxx unit names. If I change an aircraft to Friendly, I would then expect it's tag to change to it's multiplayer name, but it doesn't. What do I have set wrong, or is this a bug?

You should be in advanced realistic profile (it is indicating on top right of the client and set on server side only), in this case, LotAtc does not know friend or ENI status. You need to sort yourself. It is not realist to display the name just be set friendly a unit ;) LotAtc try in this profile to be as realistic as possible.

You can change that behavior (on server side only) with a different profile https://www.lotatc.com/documentation/detection_profile.html or make your own with https://www.lotatc.com/documentation/custom_profile.html :)

I changed the mode to Realistic and it is now showing Friends and Enemies without me having to change them. However, it is still showing TNxxxx for Friends. Do I still have to update them manually in Realistic mode? In what mode will the unit names be pulled from the Multiplayer server? I've read the manual (I'm sure it seems like I haven't) but the manual seems to be telling me that I should be seeing the MP unit names now.

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

Thank you! I think I’m all good now.....

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

• 2 months later...

Dart@ Can you make an option to do the automatic alerts by DCS AWACS off while an user is client connected and do this alerts by clicking on the human unit and the human bandit threat with the Lotatc user action. Also the AWACS client should receive every request from MP users by show text in his LotAtc map, then we know which client need the service. Also if you set the AWACS off to no answer, then you can make the answer itself (do it by the clicking action of the user AWACS over the units) in a text message (created by .lua) for the human unit that prev requested only

if you get to do that you will get a more friendly multiplayer user for this wonderful app. The goal of this idea is make this app more international friendly using the automatic English message as the pinpoint language for everybody.

edit: I forgot mention, with the help of the community you can get the translation of the text message in every popular language, prev set by request in the chat menu.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dart@ Can you make an option to do the automatic alerts by DCS AWACS off while an user is client connected and do this alerts by clicking on the human unit and the human bandit threat with the Lotatc user action. Also the AWACS client should receive every request from MP users by show text in his LotAtc map, then we know which client need the service. Also if you set the AWACS off to no answer, then you can make the answer itself (do it by the clicking action of the user AWACS over the units) in a text message (created by .lua) for the human unit that prev requested only

if you get to do that you will get a more friendly multiplayer user for this wonderful app. The goal of this idea is make this app more international friendly using the automatic English message as the pinpoint language for everybody.

edit: I forgot mention, with the help of the community you can get the translation of the text message in every popular language, prev set by request in the chat menu.

Thanks for this suggestion, it makes senses, I will try to enhance that, I think I could make that more interactive for human pilots.

Hi,

what is latest installation LotAtc for DCS 2.5x for W10?

From official pages installation rewrite C++ packages by older from 2017 and after LotAtc and DCS don't work.

DCS need C++ packages 2019.

Last release is the 1.2.2 available on the https://www.lotatc.com/download.html page. LotAtc needs VC redist 2017 that are installed automatically by installers (both Client and Server). If you install LotAtc server via OvGME, you could need to install it, I provide them in the OvGME zip package.

VC2017 and VC2019 redist can be installed together.

Edited by DArt

Hi DArt,

thank you very much for your awesome software.

I have a question concerning the weather information LotATC provides:

Within a mission the wind is set to 259° with 3 m/s according to the Ingame-Briefing screen.

HZCqJi6.png

LotATC indicates on the weather tab a wind information with 094° and 10 kts.

8yssHz6.png

Why is the wind shifted by 165°?

Within the same Mission, when selecting an airport, the METAR shows 13800kts (138° with 0 kts) for the wind...

u1HC63x.png

Another thing I spotted, after selecting an airport, relates to the QNH and QFE information.

QNH is indicated with 29.8 (does this mean 29.80?) and QFE is showing 29.84. Is it possible that the values are mixed up? QFE should always be lower than the QNH, except your airport is located below mean sea level...

Hi DArt,

Within a mission the wind is set to 259° with 3 m/s according to the Ingame-Briefing screen.

Within the same Mission, when selecting an airport, the METAR shows 13800kts (138° with 0 kts) for the wind...

Another thing I spotted, after selecting an airport, relates to the QNH and QFE information.

QNH is indicated with 29.8 (does this mean 29.80?) and QFE is showing 29.84. Is it possible that the values are mixed up? QFE should always be lower than the QNH, except your airport is located below mean sea level...

Hi, thanks for reporting, you are right some things seems broken there :cry: I will do a pass on weather features, sorry about that...

Hi DArt,

HZCqJi6.png

8yssHz6.png

u1HC63x.png

I am working on it and I think you were in dynamic weather right ? In this case, weather data are not accurate, it is a complex thing to get correct values from DCS in dynamic. By the way, I have an idea how to have something better, I will try that.:book:

• 2 weeks later...

hey Dart,

virtual_awacs_range = 400,

Assuming this sets the range for E-2 and E-3 detection. But EWR and SAMs and carriers also contribute to the picture. Is the radar range that is shown in-game, or in Tacview indicative of their range in LotAtc as well?

thanks in advance,

hey Dart,

virtual_awacs_range = 400,

Assuming this sets the range for E-2 and E-3 detection. But EWR and SAMs and carriers also contribute to the picture. Is the radar range that is shown in-game, or in Tacview indicative of their range in LotAtc as well?

thanks in advance,

Hi Zyll,

The virtual_awacs_range only affects the virtual awacs. It consists to transform any aircraft with virtual_awacs_name as an AWACS for LotAtc and it will cover virtual_awacs_range km around him.

This parameter does not change anything of real detection unit (as AWACS) so their range is retrieve from DCS data (same for carrier/and sam and yes they will contribute to the radar coverage).

The only exception will be if this unit respects virtual_awacs_name as name, in this case, and only this one, the detection range will be overwritten by virtual_awacs_range. Details here: https://www.lotatc.com/documentation/server_configuration.html#virtual-awacs

Last release is the 1.2.2 available on the https://www.lotatc.com/download.html page. LotAtc needs VC redist 2017 that are installed automatically by installers (both Client and Server). If you install LotAtc server via OvGME, you could need to install it, I provide them in the OvGME zip package.

VC2017 and VC2019 redist can be installed together.

Thanks. It works now.