LotAtc 4 DCS - 1.0.0

lotatc is into the C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta Server\Mods\tech\ folder

Oh, that is the problem !

LotAtc must be installed OUTSIDE DCS World as any other software you install. See this video

That is why it is not working, uninstall it and reinstall in another directory, default's one is good: C:/Program Files/LotAtc :thumbup:

• 3 months later...

Hi DArt, I am in the process of trying to use/ install LotATC on the Storm of War server. I've run into a number of issues.

1. What is the profile configurator for? None of the profiles that I create with it will show up in the DCS "special" tab in the DCA GUI. How do I tell DCS to enforce one of the profiles I have made?

2. Are "configs" and "profiles" two different things, or the same thing? Do I need to create one of each? How do they relate to each other?

Does the DCG GUI load configs, or profiles? Or both, or neither?

3. In the above special tab of the DCS GUI I can see two "Custom" profiles, however I have not idea what the contents/ settings of those are. Are these duplicates of the same thing?

4. If using the dedicated server, all the documentaion I have seen says to use the config.custom.lua file. However, LotATC runs fine on my dedicated serer without needing to edit this file. Is that right? Why/ how should I use/ edit that file if LotATC appears to work just fine without doing anything to it?

5. What does "minimal radar range" mean in the profiles options? Does this mean that any contact which is close than 5000m in a direct line (altitude included) will be invisible to the RADAR? Or does it means something ese, i.e. 500m away horizontally on the map? Is "minimal" the same as "minimum"?

Edited by philstyle

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Hi!

1. What is the profile configurator for? None of the profiles that I create with it will show up in the DCS "special" tab in the DCA GUI. How do I tell DCS to enforce one of the profiles I have made?

Profile editor in LotAtc Configurator let you create and modify your own profile without need to edit any file.

Note that you have choose the instance (DCS directory) before, you will see your new profile in DCS "special tab" only if you have create the profile in the DCS.openbeta instance and not for a dedicated instance (DCS has to be restarted after creating/modifying the profile)

2. If using the dedicated server, all the documentaion I have seen says to use the config.custom.lua file. However, LotATC runs fine on my dedicated serer without needing to edit this file. Is that right? Why/ how should I use/ edit that file if LotATC appears to work just fine without doing anything to it?

For dedicated, launch LotAtc Configurator, choose the DCS instance you want to run (DCS.openbeta by default), then click on the corresponding config button.

tZzY3R9.pngOnce opened, click on top right "dedicated button" it will automatically do the job. You can change the profile you want to use in the 'dedicated use' section (if you have created a custom profile with "profile" button in previous screen, you will find it here).

jl3Y71E.png

Once dedicated mode enabled, DCS "special tab" is no more used and LotAtc is correctly configured. Special tab only used for DCS GUI use.

And yes, by default, LotAtc is configured to run with fallback settings, it is better for user than something that is not working :)

Thanks DArt, OK, I think I've got things initially set up now.

Can you advise how I can slow down the RADAR detection and response rate. For WW2, the fast responses are too accurate. I added the value "30" to the Tracking Delay field, but I can still see the position of enemy and friendly aircraft updating about every 5 seconds.

How can I slow this right down?

See image below:

B3DIcbIURqVgAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

• 1 month later...

Can someone walk me through a checklist for getting the transponder function to work? I've got a dedicated server with three instances of DCS and three instances of SRS and LotATC. We'll say the IP of the machine of 1.2.3.4. My three instances of DCS are 1.2.3.4:10301, 1.2.3.4:10302, 1.2.3.4:10303. My three instances of SRS are 1.2.3.4:5001, 1.2.3.4:5002, 1.2.3.4:5003.

Just focusing on getting the first instance to work. My understanding...

I've gone into the SRS server.cfg file in the subdirectory for my first DCS instance on the server and I have entered this:

LOTATC_EXPORT_ENABLED=True

LOTATC_EXPORT_IP=1.2.3.4

LOTATC_EXPORT_PORT=10711

This is all I have to do on the server. This turns on the LotATC export from the SRS server on the DCS server.

Now the client...

I've gone into my LotATC config lua on my client and I've modified these two lines:

srs_transponder_port = 10711

srs_server = "1.2.3.4"

That's all the config I need to do? I start my client LotATC and connect to the server. I don't see any transponder info and the guys flying on the server see a red indicator for transponder on their overlays and can't enter any transponder digits in the overlay.

What do I have wrong?

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

Can someone walk me through a checklist for getting the transponder function to work? I've got a dedicated server with three instances of DCS and three instances of SRS and LotATC. We'll say the IP of the machine of 1.2.3.4. My three instances of DCS are 1.2.3.4:10301, 1.2.3.4:10302, 1.2.3.4:10303. My three instances of SRS are 1.2.3.4:5001, 1.2.3.4:5002, 1.2.3.4:5003.

Just focusing on getting the first instance to work. My understanding...

I've gone into the SRS server.cfg file in the subdirectory for my first DCS instance on the server and I have entered this:

LOTATC_EXPORT_ENABLED=True

LOTATC_EXPORT_IP=1.2.3.4

LOTATC_EXPORT_PORT=10711

This is all I have to do on the server. This turns on the LotATC export from the SRS server on the DCS server.

Now the client...

I've gone into my LotATC config lua on my client and I've modified these two lines:

srs_transponder_port = 10711

srs_server = "1.2.3.4"

That's all the config I need to do? I start my client LotATC and connect to the server. I don't see any transponder info and the guys flying on the server see a red indicator for transponder on their overlays and can't enter any transponder digits in the overlay.

What do I have wrong?

Hi,

There is nothing to do on LotAtc Client side, modifications must be on LotAtc Server installed on DCS host, so on your three DCS instance on 1.2.3.4.

For each DCS instances, you must specify a different port for each LotAtc Server Running and set srs_transponder_port corresponding to SRS transponder port in config.custom.lua or easier with LotAtc Configurator. You have more documentation here: https://www.lotatc.com/documentation/client/transponder.html#for-dedicated-server

For srs_server, if it is running on same server 1.2.3.4, use 127.0.0.1 as address it avoid troubles with firewall or NAT, same for LOTATC_EXPORT_IP for SRS, prefer 127.0.0.1 on same server.

Thank you, I'll give it a shot....

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

• 1 month later...

I fly with a multi squadron group that would like to start using lotatc more, can anyone direct me to any information, standard operating procedures etc.

We're thinking of setting up some sort of lotact school, to train someone from each squadron, however we're short of a teacher. We're at http://www.rafairuk-dcs.co.uk if anyone would like to apply.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all, quick question: is it possible to reduce the ammount of infos on the selection's properties? I just want to see altitude, transponder and speed, don't care about, position, heading, datalink, range, etc... So I'd like to customize the properties indeed.

TU NE CEDE MALIS SED CONTRA AUDENTIOR ITO

Asrock Fatal1ty Gaming K6+, i5-6600K, 32 GB DDR4, Asus GTX 1070 Strix, SSD 500GB, HDD 1TB, Win 10 x64, Monitor LG Ultrawide 29UM67, Soundblaster Z+Sennheiser Game One, HOTAS Warthog, TFRP Thrustmaster, TrackIr

• 2 months later...

From a certain version, the visibility of ground units has appeared.

Maybe someone needs it, but it floods the map with unnecessary information.

This can be turned off in the map menu, but it should be in the general menu and permanently.

And there is also a problem with the lack of the correct barometric altitude.

Greetings

Screenshot_1.jpg

Edited by hancerPL

Specialization A-10C

https://vbw304.pl/

• 1 year later...

Don't know if this topic is still monitored by LotATC's creator, but just in case...

With the last LotATC update chat messages are no longer visible. How do I fix this?

lotatc-chat.png

Edited by Skewgear

DCS WWII player. I run the mission design team behind 4YA WWII, the most popular DCS World War 2 server.

https://www.ProjectOverlord.co.uk - for 4YA WW2 mission stats, mission information, historical research blogs and more.

• 1 year later...