LotAtc 4 DCS - 1.0.0

Thanks! Cant find the Ident Window

I tried restoring everything but I only get

RADIO

BRAA

DRAW

OBJECTS

by restoring, you mean use the "click to reset" button in options > general > interface ? Note that you need to restart the software after that. Properties window is only visible when connected and not offline.

Yeah, needed to restart.

Thanks

Also. a request, it would be really great if we are able to grab and move the aircrafts labels, the rotate option its nice but a little clunky, something like "shift+click" to grab and move fast and far the labels would be great

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

• 2 weeks later...

Does it work on the openbeta`?

I am struggeling with the server side installation: im unable to see it in the DCS special menu nor the .log file has any entries of Lotatc,l as my Dedicated server is part of a Active Directory it searches for the DCS folder but it seems like it wants to install it on the Home Drive.

Any pointers? or is it the time anyway to jump from openbeta to the stable?

Greetings Evilfisher

Does it work on the openbeta`?

I am struggeling with the server side installation: im unable to see it in the DCS special menu nor the .log file has any entries of Lotatc,l as my Dedicated server is part of a Active Directory it searches for the DCS folder but it seems like it wants to install it on the Home Drive.

Any pointers? or is it the time anyway to jump from openbeta to the stable?

Greetings Evilfisher

Use the 1.1.0-beta2, not the 1.0.4 (I will remove it now, stable is at openbeta level), it is working on all versions stable and openbeta. On some configuration, installer could not found correctly the Saved Games directory, to fix that you can install it manually by downloading the ovgme/zip packages and follow the README inside.

Thank you Dart for the quick reply,

in my case it was really easier to just copy the Ovgme ready files and drag them over to the right folder.

launched dcs enabled it under the special options and it seems to work.

Just waiting for the license to test the server.

One question that crossed my mind while reading the readme file:

Wich dll and what vcredist? shall i use? there is no such file in the package.

Thank you for your support Dart

You are truly a Hero

Cheers

Evilfisher

Thank you Dart for the quick reply,

in my case it was really easier to just copy the Ovgme ready files and drag them over to the right folder.

launched dcs enabled it under the special options and it seems to work.

Just waiting for the license to test the server.

Great!

One question that crossed my mind while reading the readme file:

Wich dll and what vcredist? shall i use? there is no such file in the package.

Ohh forgot to update it :/ I will fix that

Thank you for your support Dart

You are truly a Hero

Cheers

Evilfisher

:blush: Thx !

Hi, 104th running LotATC and I had now the first time to really check it out in a live setting. I really love it and it really worked great in live-pvp but there are some minor and big issues still to be worked out.

1. The UI, menus, 'make doc', 'make dialog' -> 'miniminze/maximize' options etc. are really confusing. This just goes against some basic windows behaviours I have ingrained. There are probably some people out here who could better articulate the issues here, but I will try anyway.

All these docked/minimized windows, why not open/close them via one click? I don't really like the drop down menu's for the docked items either. Every menu and similiar, I want to be able to quickly and intuitively close. I don't know if it is just new, I don't see the hidden value yet or something, but the first start was very jarring. Doing some basic options and customizations like for any software was suddenly a chore.

2. Sounds small but is a huge issue for me: In CA/ F10 Map DCS I can 'right click to set the ruler initial point' -> move it to the edge of the map 'left click' and move the map (sofar possible in LotATC) -> and THEN move the ruler (that is still@the initial point) to the new position of the map and get desired bearing&range.

The last point doesn't work like that in LotATC, you have to press and hold the right mouse button to get the ruler to stay (which I like!), but once you get to the edge of the map and move the map, you can't set the ruler to a new position (with initial point still set) as you would expect on ingame F10 map.

I don't know if that is somekind of limitation with the LotATC map/coordinate stuff, I certainly observed some weird behavior while playing around with that. (in terms of where the ruler 'started' and 'arrived')

3. I had a single flight that was undamaged (hornet so maybe beta issue) that I just couldn't see on LotATC. F10 CA I could see him, absolutely no idea why there was an issue. I visually checked all the other flights with F10 map & LotATC and that was the only flight I couldn't see (on LotATC).

4. UI Bug / change size of UI: If this is set below 1.0x/1x (@1920x1080p for me), if you open one of the colour menus, like for labels, objects etc. you are not able to close it! UI size below <1 = https://imgur.com/a/euVFkMM

5. Idea/Suggestio UI: For all the label/object/symbology & colour customizations, have a preview next to it how it is going to look. I think this would really help if you are trying to setup first time, especially if you don't have a nice mission/server where you can preview it.

5a. Maybe there could be some kind of 'dummy' or 'test mode' where just a bunch of contacts, varying by realistic setting, fly around you can test around your settings?

Love LotATC, I see a lot of potential here, and I promise a lot more feedback and nagging about small and big stuff. Don't regret the money all the years ago at all! <3

Edited by ApoNOOB

Thanks for this complete report ! Feedback is important to help me enhance LotAtc.

1. I see, I will think about that, I am always open to user feedback in order to make the UI better

2. Ruler as labels needs some rework I am agree, the 1.1.0 has the goal to have a UI rework, next version will certainly rework that, lot of work :)

3. Interesting, I have no report of that since a long time. Do you have respawned/eject before ?

4. Problem known, it is an external lib bug, waiting for the fix, should come in few weeks I hope, it causes color/font dialog trouble and symbol/line appears in the main view also. From now, use 1x in the gui, perhaps I will block it in the UI for final version if not fixed

5. Make sense

5a. Could be an idea, it is quite complex but interesting

Again, thanks for the feedback.

Units that are set to delayed activation are visible on the screen before they have actually spawned in to the mission.

Shown in the screen shot are ship groups that are not yet activated.

Is this known?

DELAY.thumb.png.e4b5ec95f756c47207eac6006eae8e81.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

All theses problem come certainly to the bug relative to the GUI scale < 1x, it is a known problem of the beta, try to put 1x minimum to the GUI scale and you will not have this. I am waiting for a fix in my system library to fix that...

It causes also troubles with color and font dialogs...

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Noticed while flying with a crosswind that the heading show in the "Selection's properties" window is, indeed, the heading.

As there is no way that a radar can get this information (other than datalinks such as mode S), is there any chance that you can change this into the object's ground track in the future?

hdg.png.38a7946e853631feeec6be948ebceeaf.png

Nice one, heading is currently given by DCS output so it is the real airplane heading you are right. To fix that I must simulate heading computation, it will result in low precision for all headings but it could be a more realistic thing for advanced profiles... No changes on that planned yet, but I could add it for future it is interesting :)

• 3 weeks later...

For those that not follow the LotAtc discord channel :

I am currently losing my job and LotAtc is growing fast, I am currently thinking about take this opportunity to become full-time on this project and other projects around DCS and the simulation. As the LotAtc community is great and always gives good advices to me, I would like to know what you think about LotAtc and this project...

Here is a link to a survey, I hope to have lot of responses in order to help me to make the good choice https://goo.gl/forms/uA9xJPBPyhHihXeQ2

Thanks in advance for your time and do not hesitate to add comments! You can share the link to other people also!

:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi DArt, filled in the survey.

A feature request; is it possible to highlight the current chosen BRAA line to another colour? I know that double clicking will center the screen on the FROM contact but with mulitple BRAA lines extending from that contact, it makes it harder to see which BRAA line I'm actually calling out.

Thanks for the great support to the community.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo