LotAtc 4 DCS - 1.0.0

Seems there are trouble using DCS SimpleRadio within LotAtc Server that does not start correctly, I will go further and check why, but at this time, the 2 mods are incompatible (does not know if it is true on each configuration but I have some users that have this problem).

Is that problem on dedicted servers that run both the SR Server and LotATC server at same time? If yes then move the SR Server to another windows host (does not need to run DCS or LotATC) and set up the SR Server there. :thumbup:

EDIT: AND the SR server MUST not be installed with the "install.exe" !!! It must be set up manually and requires only two files!

If the problem in on the client side then the problem is another case. :(

Files for server: SR-Server.exe and opus.dll in one directory. Start server with the .exe file.

Edited by HiJack

Is that problem on dedicted servers that run both the SR Server and LotATC server at same time? If yes then move the SR Server to another windows host (does not need to run DCS or LotATC) and set up the SR Server there. :thumbup:

EDIT: AND the SR server MUST not be installed with the "install.exe" !!! It must be set up manually and requires only two files!

If the problem in on the client side then the problem is another case. :(

Files for server: SR-Server.exe and opus.dll in one directory. Start server with the .exe file.

Yes, seems to happen when the DCS host run DCS + DCS SR Server + LotAtc Server.

I think that is a problem with Lua DLL module load, DCS SR and LotAtc use that thing and after DCSR load, LotAtc server cannot load its one... It could be just a problem of cpath definition (for example a ';' missing) I will check.

Yes, seems to happen when the DCS host run DCS + DCS SR Server + LotAtc Server.

I think that is a problem with Lua DLL module load, DCS SR and LotAtc use that thing and after DCSR load, LotAtc server cannot load its one... It could be just a problem of cpath definition (for example a ';' missing) I will check.

For people running the SRS server, there should be no lua at all and no modification to the servers export.lua for SimpleRadio as HiJack says. It's not needed as the server doesn't touch dcs in any way.

The line in the in the export.lua is only needed clientside or if the server isn't a dedicated one ( as in a client hosts for friends).

Would you mind asking anyone that reports this problem to remove the SimpleRadio radio line from the export if their dcs server is dedicated?

I'll download LotATC and try to replicate but it probably is just a missing ; :)

Sorry for the conflict with the software!

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

No problem you are welcome!

In https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/blob/master/Scripts/DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua line 18, it missing the ";" I think, I have asked one LotAtc user to test :) (I have checked, LotAtc have its final ';' )

And line 17 as well , forgot this one too

Missing one here too (https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/blob/master/Scripts/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua#L29) but I'll add it :)

Fingers crossed that does it, i'll probably do a release next weekend with this in :)

For anyone hosting SRS as I said above, if the server is dedicated, delete the LUA in the scripts folder and remove the line from the export.lua as its just not needed :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Confirmed that it fixes the problem! :)

Just edit the DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua in your Saved Games/DCS/Scripts folder

and replace:

package.path = package.path..";.\\LuaSocket\\?.lua"

package.cpath = package.cpath..";.\\LuaSocket\\?.dll"

by

package.path = package.path..";.\\LuaSocket\\?.lua;"

package.cpath = package.cpath..";.\\LuaSocket\\?.dll;"

(just the ; at the end) and try again.

Confirmed that it fixes the problem! :)

Thanks!!! :)

While I have you two here... Any chance for LotAtc to be able to use data from SRS, for example, being able to see freqs like on the buddyspike homepage in LotAtc?

Anything is possible :)

But until I've finished all the major features I won't talk to Dart about it as I've still got a lot of work to do!

• 3 weeks later...

Great, it happens regularly on zooming, it is a difficult crash but happens sometimes, not really a special situation that is why it is really hard to find/understand/fix. For some guys, it never happens, for others 2 or 3 times per hour... We will see in next days if it always there or finally killed !

Thanks again for your feedback as usual! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi DArt,

how is a radar contact identified in lotAtc?

I have tested the demo version and I found all the contacts are identified as unknown

Regards,

Rgls

Edited by RglsPhoto

I7-6700K OC 4.9G, 896G SSD, 32G RAM @ 2400MHz, NH-D15 cooling system,TM Hotas Warthog,Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals,TrackIr 5, BOSE M2

It depends of the profile you have set in DCS. You have more explanation on my website: https://www.lotatc.com/projects/lotatc/wiki/Detection_Profiles

Note that the Advanced Realistic is not in the documentation yet (I have to updated it) but it is the same than the Realistic one but with all contacts in Unknow/Neutral coalition (so no name, no type, no coalition).

It depends of the profile you have set in DCS. You have more explanation on my website: https://www.lotatc.com/projects/lotatc/wiki/Detection_Profiles

Note that the Advanced Realistic is not in the documentation yet (I have to updated it) but it is the same than the Realistic one but with all contacts in Unknow/Neutral coalition (so no name, no type, no coalition).

Thanks. In order to simulate IFF I should set it to realistic.

BTW, could the NCTR be implemented in the future?

I7-6700K OC 4.9G, 896G SSD, 32G RAM @ 2400MHz, NH-D15 cooling system,TM Hotas Warthog,Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals,TrackIr 5, BOSE M2

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I seem to have a problem with LotATC, that other people don't have (I actually found another person having the same issue, but it's doesn't seem common).

I even upgraded my Windows to see whether it would change anything, but it's still the same, so I thought I'll take it to a wider audience, maybe somebody had that too and is able to help.

As soon as I start LotATC.exe (don't even need to connect to a server) all transmissions on TS are chopped and some 2-3 seconds are missing. Another person who 's having the same problem said, that the issue will be present on SKype if you run it too.

I have an AsrockZ68 Pro 3 motherboard with built in sound processor. But I also tested with Fiio E7 USB DAC and it's exactly the same.

If you have any suggestions how to resolve this (other than "uninstall") I'll greatly appreciate that. Cheers guys.