LotAtc 4 DCS - 1.0.0

Is it possible to define zones before you join as LotATC client - say you want define 3-5 Polygons as ranges before the mission start?

If you have LotAtc server on your computer, just enable it, launch a DCS mission (solo or with mission editor will works) Connect LotAtc client to it, draw your zones, save it to JSON. (I will certainly simplify this part by using only the client in offline mode in future)

For your mission multiplayer session, just launch your client, connect to the server, and load the json files.

Hi DArt,

I noticed that in the latest version, the "coalition only" chat doesn't work. If I type any text in the LotATC chat, it doesn't show up in the DCS chat. The "chat to all" function works fine.

On the other side, it seems that chat messages from DCS doesn't appear in LotATC. I observed this issue for all chat modes from DCS to LotATC.

best regards and keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi DArt,

I noticed that in the latest version, the "coalition only" chat doesn't work. If I type any text in the LotATC chat, it doesn't show up in the DCS chat. The "chat to all" function works fine.

On the other side, it seems that chat messages from DCS doesn't appear in LotATC. I observed this issue for all chat modes from DCS to LotATC.

best regards and keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Strange, I was acting as Blue GCI and was getting half a red conversation and all the blue. I suspect that the red players were sending to all when they intended it to be red only though. I can't say for certain if I was missing any blue only chat, I will try to confirm tonight.

A suggestion:

Could you split the radar picture update rate in two? One for the AWACS (with 6 updates/ rotation per minute) and one for tower/ airbase radars? They should have a much higher updfate rate for ATC controlled approaches, than the AWACS. But I don't know the real update rate yet.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I believe this is on the todo list (nice things to have - when time allows) for some time ;)

Affirm, I have been told that the AWACS rate is one complete rotation for 20s (not sure it is true). From now, LotAtc is by default to one update all 2s for all radars (you can change it in the server config files). I have planned to be more flexible depending of radar type one day...

According to some AWACS controllers (which I met at different ILA shows) one full rotation needs 10 seconds, so 6 updates per minute.

Do you have some hints for the chat or is this a known bug? (see above)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My last tests on chat was good, but I need to redo check for that. This release has a lot of changes inside to adapt to DCS last changes and to avoid this (very) annoying ghost problem, perhaps I cause a regression. By the way, that is why I release beta/rc version, to track this kind of things :)

Ghosting is still a problem but it can be avoided now. By having everyone join the server just once and not restarting or hopping to a different aircraft.

In virtualwings that can be accomplished, on public servers I don't think so.

We see ghosting come up once people rejoin after a crash or go into another aircraft.

On the request side of things, can the following line be added to the PAR screen DArt?

2 degree azimuth and 5 degree azimuth from the centreline

2 degree elevation and 5 degree elevation from the glideslope

An adjustable LSLLC, which is the Lower Safety Limit Line Cursor which is a line visible on the glideslope display which indicates the utmost lower limit of where a radar contact can safely be without crashing into stuff.

An elevation in degrees would be great!

a0aoVMq.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Ghosting is still a problem but it can be avoided now. By having everyone join the server just once and not restarting or hopping to a different aircraft.

In virtualwings that can be accomplished, on public servers I don't think so.

We see ghosting come up once people rejoin after a crash or go into another aircraft.

On the request side of things, can the following line be added to the PAR screen DArt?

2 degree azimuth and 5 degree azimuth from the centreline

2 degree elevation and 5 degree elevation from the glideslope

An adjustable LSLLC, which is the Lower Safety Limit Line Cursor which is a line visible on the glideslope display which indicates the utmost lower limit of where a radar contact can safely be without crashing into stuff.

An elevation in degrees would be great!

a0aoVMq.jpg

Thanks for the tips on ghost, all your feedback helps me understand why there is ghost, lot has been fixed, but there is still....

For QFE, I have fix it for approach, next version will have correct altitude.

I have begin to add the lines for 2 and 5° but, I do not well understand the value, ILS angle is around 3°, so when you asked +2° / -2° lines, it cannot be 3-2° and 3+2° (because with -5° I will get -2°). Could you explain me more please :)

Ah yes, I was mistaken, please disregard the lines on the elevation part of the screen. It only pertains to the azimuth part of the screen, the lower part.

What would be helpful if we were to get the altitude on the cursor when we toch the elevation line with our mouse pointer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Ah yes, I was mistaken, please disregard the lines on the elevation part of the screen. It only pertains to the azimuth part of the screen, the lower part.

What would be helpful if we were to get the altitude on the cursor when we toch the elevation line with our mouse pointer.

Ok :)

It can be an angle, better it would be a JSON drawing since it can also be a horizontal line at some point.

If you zoom in a bit, you can see the LSLLC as a yellow dotted line in the screen.

pic2212.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Really nice! Can the LSLLC be a dashed or dotted line? As a colour, to not confuse it with Decision Height and altitude lines, perhaps make it Yellow or orange?

Great stuff on the azimuth, love it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1.0.2-rc2 released, I think that now the ghost problem has been found and will not more appear, by the way, if you get it, let's me know!

New in RC2:

• FIX FOR GHOST WHEN RECONNECTING
  • New: QFE on airport
  • New: QFE altitude on approach
  • New: Add 2°/5° lines in horizontal view in approach
  • New: Add LSLLC line in approach
  • Fixes: round wind direction
  • Fixes: remove debug item (yellow/green point, text in bottome left corner)

https://www.lotatc.com/boards/11/topics/2281

• 2 weeks later...

Ok soooo how do I get to the ILS display?

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.