DCS Beacon Map

Lino_Germany

I´ve prepared a navigation map containing the exact position of NDBs, VORs, TACAN, VORTAC, ILS, channels, frequencies, morse codes and markers. That should make navigaton over long distances for most DCS aircraft much easier.

Note: This is a .JPG file! It is not possible to integrate it into the DCS World environment (some dudes tried this). You have to use the beacon map preferred with Windows Photo Viewer (easy zoom function with mouse wheel, fast image formation) on a separate monitor / laptop computer. An alternative solution may be the use on a tablet or a mobile phone.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

[ATTACH]136219[/ATTACH]

Caucasus Theater

Current version Caucasus Theater: 1.49

Downloadlink: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16NI3o2jvQ5TlXtqXqgVp3IwyYorJ1eJ7/view?usp=sharing

Latest changes:

- Implementation of the AV-8B AWLS channels.

attachment.php?attachmentid=174306&stc=1&d=1513322758

______________________________________________________________________________________________

1756558809_BILDA.thumb.jpg.8f40cb81ce2aaa36ba33b0b7ef3d0fbf.jpg

Nevada Theater

Current version Nevada Theater: 0.4

SINCE THERE ARE MANY PLANNED NEW FEATURES FOR THIS THEATER (NEW AIRBASES AND AREAS), THE PROJECT HAS CURRENTLY BEEN ABANDONED.

Unbenannt.thumb.jpg.f984392d4c358ea9e180511bab393a84.jpg

LIST OF BEACONS AND FREQUENCIES

Downloadlink: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/585582/

C.JPG.2d01328bc8a1da633631e04c6eed992a.JPG

AIRCRAFT RADIO & NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT

Current version Radio & Navigation Equipment: Version 1.0

As a preparation for the next "Beacon Map" generation I´ve compiled a list of all available navigation and radio equipment from every cockpit.

Downloadlink for other aircraft: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ptC1ee_JcIa8yHWu0OeVRUuMYKPkJ_yk/view?usp=sharing

UH-1H only: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/2414686/

Edited by Lino_Germany
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

New update available.

Latest fixes:

- Added ATC channels for the UH-1H (UHF)

- Added ATC channels for the M-2000C (VHF / UHF)

- Added airport information

- Added NDBs and ILS for both possible landing directions

- All changes in frequencies, morse codes, ILS and NDBs since DCS World 1.5. See current status here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...bnBd_mKAE/edit

Edited by Lino_Germany
  • Like 1

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

I had some spare time and noted certain discrepancies in the beacon map (Caucasus Theater). So I decided to eradicate them.

Fixes:

Gudauta:

Set correct morse code to nearby NDB 395: "XC"

Vaziani:

Installed an ILS on RW 13

Kutaisi:

Set correct morse code to VOR 113.60: "KT"

Tbilisi:

Set correct morse code to VOR 113.70: "TB"

RW 13 - Set correct morse code to Outer NDB 342: "BP"

RW 13 - Set correct morse code to Inner NDB 923: "B"

Anapa:

RW 22 - Set correct morse code to Outer NDB 443: "AP"

RW 22 - Set correct morse code to Inner NDB 215: "P"

Gelendzhik:

Set correct morse code to VOR 114.30: "GN"

Maykop:

PRMG morse codes now available

RSBN morse codes now available

RW 22 - Set correct frequency to Outer NDB: 289 kHz

RW 04 - Set correct frequency and morse code to Outer NDB: 289 kHz, "DG"

RW 04 - Set correct morse code to Inner NDB: "D"

Krasnodar-Center:

RW 27 - Set correct morse code to Outer NDB 625: "OC"

RW 09 - Set correct morse code to Outer NDB 625: "MB"

RW 09 - Set correct morse code to Inner NDB 303: "M"

Krasnodar-Pashkovsky:

Set correct morse code to VOR 115.80: "KW"

RW 23L - Set correct morse code to Outer NDB 493: "LD"

RW 23L - Set correct morse code to Inner NDB 240: "L"

Krymsk:

RW 04 - Set correct morse code to Outer NDB 408: "OX"

RW 04 - Set correct morse code to Inner NDB 803: "O"

Mineralnye Vody:

Set correct morse code to VOR 117.10: "MW"

RW 30 - Set correct morse code to ILS: "MW"

RW 12 - Set correct morse code to ILS: "MD"

RW 12 - Set correct morse code to Outer NDB 583: "MD"

RW 12 - Set correct morse code to Inner NDB 283: "D"

Mozdok:

RW 27 - Set correct morse code to Outer NDB 525: "RN"

RW 27 - Set correct morse code to Inner NDB 1065: "R"

See first post for download-link.

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

• 3 months later...

Hi Lino - Thank you - I have it :D

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lino,

Another suggested change for your fine Beacon Maps.

Where you have the various navigation and landing aids listed down the left hand side of the map, perhaps it would it be helpful to have a corresponding aircraft outline for each aircraft type which is capable of using each particular beacon type next to the respective beacon description?

Just a thought and for your consideration.

• 1 month later...

Well Lino, looks like they'll have a whole swag of new airfields for you to include on your NTTR beacon map soon!!

Another modification for your consideration. On the Beacon Maps, could you include both the frequency and the channel for the VORTAC beacons (NttR in particular). The reason I suggest this is because you select the channel for say the F-5, while you need to dial in the frequency for the Huey.

For your consideration.

• 3 months later...

I will throw another very sincere thank you into the ring here for your fantastic maps. I am looking forward to them being updated with all the recent changes as well. Thank you again sir!

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

Hi Lino,

Just wondering if you were planning on updating your beacon maps? Especially the NTTR one, or are you waiting until 2.5 is released? I note there have been quite a lot of changes to radio frequencies etc.

Find your beacon maps very useful and always have them running when flying.

Edited by Phantom453
  • Like 1

Just wondering if you were planning on updating your beacon maps? Especially the NTTR one, or are you waiting until 2.5 is released? I note there have been quite a lot of changes to radio frequencies etc.

+1

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

While waiting, you can use existing FAA plates & charts now in NTTR, because they made the frequencies (mostly) accurate.

It's bad for module authors who don't currently have a good way to set per-plane frequency/channel defaults as a function of the map, but it's good for realism in general.

--gos

Hi guys, I apologise for being late to keep you informed. We hadly worked on some translations of the DCS aircraft manuals, so personal projects are postponend. Nevertheless the beacon maps will be updated in the future.

Hi Lino,

Another suggested change for your fine Beacon Maps.

Where you have the various navigation and landing aids listed down the left hand side of the map, perhaps it would it be helpful to have a corresponding aircraft outline for each aircraft type which is capable of using each particular beacon type next to the respective beacon description?

Just a thought and for your consideration.

I broadly welcome this proposal. Currently I am working on an overview of the special available radio and navigation avionics as the basis to make design decisions for the beacon map. Here is an excerpt:

attachment.php?attachmentid=154081&stc=1&d=1482657539

attachment.php?attachmentid=154082&stc=1&d=1482657539

attachment.php?attachmentid=154083&stc=1&d=1482657539

attachment.php?attachmentid=154084&stc=1&d=1482657558

Hi Lino,

Find your beacon maps very useful and always have them running when flying.

Since I believe, that there will be some major changes regarding frequencies and others in the near future, I will maybe wait for several weeks with building a new HD frequencies map of the NTTR theatre.

Another modification for your consideration. On the Beacon Maps, could you include both the frequency and the channel for the VORTAC beacons (NttR in particular). The reason I suggest this is because you select the channel for say the F-5, while you need to dial in the frequency for the Huey.

I´ll do that.

1.thumb.JPG.80510121fcdf82a1930432fb79943d80.JPG

2.thumb.JPG.95ea78a0de840053c44644aec908a48d.JPG

3.thumb.JPG.6c1e136f3228977224b402e77d37d6d5.JPG

4.thumb.JPG.7ab6e153a935895ad0c7654b7f528efd.JPG

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

As a preparation for the next "Beacon Map" generation I´ve compiled a list of all available navigation and radio equipment from every cockpit. It would be nice if some experts proofread this early draft an report every detected mistake. Thanks in advance.

Aircraft Radio and Navigation Equipment [DRAFT 1].pdf

Edited by Lino_Germany
  • Like 1

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

• 2 weeks later...