DCS Beacon Map

Lino_Germany

finaly i can navigate the l39 without constantly clicking around F10-map :) thx

one question: is there a "clear" map available without the beacons, so one can print it out and write on it?

edit: i mean one without the Big info boxes

Edited by Nero.ger

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

finaly i can navigate the l39 without constantly clicking around F10-map :) thx

one question: is there a "clear" map available without the beacons, so one can print it out and write on it?

edit: i mean one without the Big info boxes

This is an HD map. Printing it out in common means is not advisable because you can not see any detail. Apart from that it should be possible to erase every element of the map with relatively little effort.

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks a lot ... I'm, trying to learn navigation and your Map is really invaluable :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I noticed a changed in RSBN/PRMG station with 2.5 cacasus.. However I haven't seen any changelog or notice of this.

I fact, only 4 airports remain with RSBN stations, and the PRMG station is now offset from the RSBN.

For help I extracted from beacons.yml:

Mozdok rsbn:20 prmg:22

Krymsk rsbn:28 prmg:26

Maykop rsbn:34 prmg:36

Krasnodar-C rsbn:40 prgm:38

I hope this helps with updating, certainly make navigating russian aircraft rely more on ARC/Beacon radio.

I noticed a changed in RSBN/PRMG station with 2.5 cacasus.. However I haven't seen any changelog or notice of this.

I fact, only 4 airports remain with RSBN stations, and the PRMG station is now offset from the RSBN.

For help I extracted from beacons.yml:

Mozdok rsbn:20 prmg:22

Krymsk rsbn:28 prmg:26

Maykop rsbn:34 prmg:36

Krasnodar-C rsbn:40 prgm:38

I hope this helps with updating, certainly make navigating russian aircraft rely more on ARC/Beacon radio.

This is the case for l-39, However it seems the "old" rsbn stations are still active for the Mig 21 :doh: These are the only two rsbn capable aircraft I have, but this needs a little looking in to..

I think the MiG-21 package has its own navaid system that has nothing to do with ED. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I looked deeper into it, and you are sadly not wrong.:thumbup:

And even worse :doh:, after figuring this out, I see Lino has already implemented the 4 map-based RSBN beacons (small box on the airfields) and PRMG (as blue hex icons), and the yellow hexed nurmber are Mig21bis only rsbn stations.

I suppose you should disregard my messages entirely, if only the description in the map legend could be improved to note on which planes the different RSBN codes apply.

This would be Mig21 for the yellow hex, which denotes RSBN and PRMG.

And for l-39c/za (others ? ) use the map beacons which has seperate notation for RSBN and PRMG.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Have you updated your aircraft radio and nav equipment document to include the latest aircraft additions?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...