A-6 "Intruder" by Razbam

YoYo

In practice that is not entierly correct. While the actual bomb loads of course varied with the specific missions, Corsairs in practice carried loads of up to 12 500lbs class weapons (Rockeye, Snakeye or Mk-82) in Vietnam and 6-8 in Desert Storm. The Intruder frequently carried 22 bombs plus the centerline fuel tank.

I was fact checking and editing the post (Posted the edited version the same minute you posted ur comment)

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was fact checking and editing the post (Posted the edited version the same minute you posted ur comment)

Yes I see :)

Just for your information, the Corsair could also carry the 6 bomb MER on all 6 pylons (and frequently did so). Due to the the tighter spacing of the hardpoints, there were some limitations though. MER could be loaded on adjacent hardpoints but not dropped simultaneously due to bomb separation. In order to drop bombs from adjecent MER (or TER for that matter) simultaneously, the sidewards stations on one MER/TER had to remain empty. So 6 bombs on one MER and 4 on the other one. In addition, MER/TER on station 3/6 could not carry bombs on the slant inboard stations due to spacing with the hull.

The Intruder did not have any such limitations as far as I know, except the that the forward-inboard station on a inboard MER could not not be used.

Some more useless MER trivia: It could also be loaded with 3 Mk-83 on both A-6 and A-7 :)

Yes I see :)

Just for your information, the Corsair could also carry the 6 bomb MER on all 6 pylons (and frequently did so). Due to the the tighter spacing of the hardpoints, there were some limitations though. MER could be loaded on adjacent hardpoints but not dropped simultaneously due to bomb separation. In order to drop bombs from adjecent MER (or TER for that matter) simultaneously, the sidewards stations on one MER/TER had to remain empty. So 6 bombs on one MER and 4 on the other one. In addition, MER/TER on station 3/6 could not carry bombs on the slant inboard stations due to spacing with the hull.

The Intruder did not have any such limitations as far as I know, except the that the forward-inboard station on a inboard MER could not not be used.

Some more useless MER trivia: It could also be loaded with 3 Mk-83 on both A-6 and A-7 :)

Well ive found picture of the A-7 with 6x MER but ive been unsure if those were MK-81 or MK-82 or some other bomb type

=P.

National-Naval-Aviation-Museum-FB-page.jpg

You think it will take another 10 years?

I suspect that it'll be far far sooner than that. Now we have EDGE, we are awaiting the amalgamation of 1.5.3 and 2.0.1, and very little else to give us the stable platform needed as a foundation for much bigger things to come.

We will be seeing some ground breaking modules arriving soon. The F/A-18C, and the F-14 are both on the near horizon, along with the Straits of Hormuz, Normandy, and the entry of RAZBAM into the DCS stable will herald more in-depth simulations in the vein of the M-2000C, which in the short time since it's release has grown, and improved.

My prediction is that we will see more and more theatres, and more and more high quality modules. I also see the time scales shrinking as the developers hone their flight model frameworks, and systems frameworks, enabling them to plug in characteristics and reduce their lead times.

The coronation may happen far sooner than you imagine.

I sure hope so. Hormuz straights sounds a good idea historicaly at least. Though if you have flown EF2000 you will know that there is probably no better theater then Scandinavia.

Greek/German origin.

Flying sims since 1984.

Using computers since 1977.

Favored FS's:F/A18 Interceptor, F19 Stealth Fighter, Gunnship, F16 Combat Pilot, Flight of the Intruder, A320, Falcon 4.0, MSFS 2004-X, DCS

Hi gents:

Well, yes, we do have an A-6 planned and that´s the starting mesh (lots of work to be done) but it will not appear before the F-15E which is planned after the Harrier release (Tucano release might appear in the interim, at least that´s the plan).Around Harrier release time you might start seeing pics of the A-6 being made, but once again, it wont be ready after the F-15E is, which is our top priority.

Best regards

Prowler

My guess is that with all that panspermy of planes out we ought to see sooner or later maps of Viet Nam and Korea too.

In 10 years from now DCS will be the crown jewel of the crown jewel of Flight sims.

Might take that long to get a dynamic campaign system so you could be right... :music_whistling:

It's been ten years and we may get the A/G radar soon. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Hi gents:

Well, yes, we do have an A-6 planned and that´s the starting mesh (lots of work to be done) but it will not appear before the F-15E which is planned after the Harrier release (Tucano release might appear in the interim, at least that´s the plan).Around Harrier release time you might start seeing pics of the A-6 being made, but once again, it wont be ready after the F-15E is, which is our top priority.

Best regards

Prowler

Were does the A-7 fit in on that map =P.

I thought it would be

1. Mirage

2. Harrier

3. Tucano (maybe parallel to Harrier?)

4. Other Harrier (EDIT: Dunno how complex it would be to make the second one out of the first one)

5. A-7

6. F-15E

7. A-6 (maybe before F-15E, that one is extremely complex so there might be problems)

So if they really manage to produce two planes a year (that would be.... wow!) we would have a list for the next three years.

In my eyes the A-6E and A-7E are siblings and just belong together. Along with the F-14A they formed the most diverse and fun carrier air wing IMHO. Great that all of them are coming. I am a bit unsettled though at how much RAZBAM is biting off, especially since most aircraft rely on technology that they are still waiting for. Considering that both the A-6E and A-7E are both among my favourites, I would not by unhappy if one of both would be taken on by LNS for example (especially considering their advance and expertise with their own ground radar, multi-crew implementation and the Tomcat in general).

In capabilities, the A-6E and A-7E are actually surprisingly similar. Both are night and adverse weather capable attack aircraft (A-7E has TFR and FLIR too). Both types also can do SEAD. The Intruder generally can do things the Corsair is very good at a bit better (more payload, better range, better precision, less crew stress) at a higher cost and more occupied carrier space. It's a classic high-low mix. The most common CVW configuration was two squadrons of 12 A-7E each and one sqadron with 10 A-6E and 4 KA-6D tankers.

Maximum bomb load of the A-6 was 28 500lbs Mk-82 on 5 pylons (inboard MER had the forward-inboard station empty because of the landing gear cover). This was not just an airshow loadout but actually carried in combat.

While they do have several aircraft in development. RAZBAM certainly doesn't have all of their eggs in one basket, with the ground radar. The Harrier and the Tucano are being actively developed in the mean time. So I don't think we will be waiting extremely lengthy development cycles after the radar comes to fruition! They will probably come out faster that we will want to shell out the money for them! Lol!

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

A-6 Intruder OVER the A-7 Corsair II any time all the time.

Intruder is a lifetime dream and instabuy. The Corsair is just a meh plane...

My fav list on the deck :

1. F-14 Tomcat

2. A-6 Intruder

3. F-4 Phantom II

4. A-4 Skyhawk

5. Helo's

6. Deckcrew

and somewhere at number 99 or beyond the A-7 Corsair II

g8PjVMw.png