VR Update - March 2016

Wags

Not seeing any fps improvements here with 1.5.4. I am noticing terrible vegetation ghosting at low altitude though where it appears to pop in and out and leave ghosted remnants of itself as it does. Very distracting.

What's setting are you using.

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turning it off will not increase performance, it's simply a copy of what's being rendered in the left eye of the rift.

Bit of a tangential question, but the mirror frame buffer looks quite pixellated and isn't warped. I suspect it's being un-warped after the gpu renders it and cropped down. Has anyone ever heard of a way to stop the unwarping and cropping? It would be better to watch that way :) might add it to the VR wish list.

Oculus CV1, i7 4790k @ stock, gtx 1080ti @ stock, 32gb PC3-19200 @ 2.4ghz, warthog & saitek pedals, razer tartarus chroma.

Not seeing any fps improvements here with 1.5.4. I am noticing terrible vegetation ghosting at low altitude though where it appears to pop in and out and leave ghosted remnants of itself as it does. Very distracting.

did u update to 1.5.4 with mods installed?

im going to update mine soon, but i have to remember to uninstalling my mods, update DCS and reinstall the mods..

or at least, i think thats how its supposed to work..

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Try and Re-Enable Aero Interface,

When I turn it off, all it does is disable hw acceleration on windowed mode windows, DCS included.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Dat's a hellagood hw combo...what's your Oculus pixel density?

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Ah, no shadows... that'll do it. They are by far the biggest FPS killer for me. I just refuse to turn them off because I think the cockpit shadows are a huge immersion factor. I wish I could turn off all the other shadows to get the FPS back.

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

im going to go home after work and start messing around with DCS and CV1 again.. i been reading about the latest update issues, would it be better to uninstall DCS, delete remaining folders, then reinstalll DCS, and re map all my controllers if i want to get up to the latest 1.5.4 DCS

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Ah, no shadows... that'll do it. They are by far the biggest FPS killer for me. I just refuse to turn them off because I think the cockpit shadows are a huge immersion factor. I wish I could turn off all the other shadows to get the FPS back.

To be honest I have got the no tree shadows which makes a big difference

im going to go home after work and start messing around with DCS and CV1 again.. i been reading about the latest update issues, would it be better to uninstall DCS, delete remaining folders, then reinstalll DCS, and re map all my controllers if i want to get up to the latest 1.5.4 DCS

I used the fix someone mentioned. (The vr change in lua file) and it's been perfect ever since. But the difference in fps between 1.5.3 and 1.5.4 are massive...... I mean 10 fps easy and no lag or jagged edges in the distance

I promise if your try 1.5.4 you won't use 1 5.3 until it receives the same update.

It's simply a new game

Here is a screens hope of the fix

Screenshot_20160627-174344.thumb.png.5e7dc5ba38eb1a86e9c7851c6bd14581.png

I have discovered some oddness in planes without clickable cockpits. It seems that if we want to turn off the mouselook from within the cockpit we then loose that function in external views as well. This is not the best way to do it, in my opinion.

The two features should not be mutually exclusive. I want to keep my mouselook-with-zoom for external views but I don't want it in planes without clickable cockpits.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

LALT+C?

Works like a champ - I didn't know this was possible to turn it off. Thank you! It would be cool in the future to have the cockpit mouselook feature to OFF and external cams to ON if that can happen.

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

To be honest I have got the no tree shadows which makes a big difference

How do you turn off just tree and ground shadows? They look horrible anyway and are all flickery and blocky and not realistic anyway. If they save fps then that's even better. The cockpit shadows for me are a must though. I don't recall seeing an option to just turn off ground and tree shadows.

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

How do you turn off just tree and ground shadows? They look horrible anyway and are all flickery and blocky and not realistic anyway. If they save fps then that's even better. The cockpit shadows for me are a must though. I don't recall seeing an option to just turn off ground and tree shadows.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=147851

Post number 7

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Works like a champ - I didn't know this was possible to turn it off. Thank you! It would be cool in the future to have the cockpit mouselook feature to OFF and external cams to ON if that can happen.

it's not turning it off parsey, it's switching from mouse controlling camera to mouse controlling cursor for clicking panels, which isnt used in FC3 Aircraft.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

it's not turning it off parsey, it's switching from mouse controlling camera to mouse controlling cursor for clicking panels, which isnt used in FC3 Aircraft.

I'll take it anyhow! :thumbup:

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

Yep. So far I have had a couple of dips in mp.

But 99% of the time it's 90fps

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You will not ... you'll drop below 45 fps and you'll have ghosting... even with two 1080 in SLI and a 5ghz CPU. :)

If you aren't convinced... please you post a video of 10 minutes in a MP server (in example on the 104th), from when you start in the hangar to when you are in the air where you do 99% of the times 90 fps. Thanks.

PS: yes you can have 90fps in single player.. you can have it even with a 980.. until zillions objects are rendered and your whole machine will put to rest. ;)

You will not ... you'll drop below 45 fps and you'll have ghosting... even with two 1080 in SLI and a 5ghz CPU. :)

If you aren't convinced... please you post a video of 10 minutes in a MP server (in example on the 104th), from when you start in the hangar to when you are in the air where you do 99% of the times 90 fps. Thanks.

PS: yes you can have 90fps in single player.. you can have it even with a 980.. until zillions objects are rendered and your whole machine will put to rest. ;)

LOL thank you for the insight into my own PC and DCS performance, as you clearly know my set up better then me.

I cant check MP on say the 104th as its not on 1.5.4..... BUT you should know that as the EXPERT in these matters. however i will post a video of our own dedicated server with 15 members using the target range later....

JUST FOR YOU.