CCRP and CCIP Calculations

Lt_Maverick

As I took part in modding a CCIP solution for ArmA 3, here's the physics behind:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projectile_motion

There are many applications like games that need to calculate such motion. For example a golf game or shooter games etc. Because of that the topic is well documented.

For example here is the description of an iterated program calculating the impact point of a golf ball:

http://ualr.edu/dcwold/phys2321/golf/golf.html

As you see, really important are:

- Speed in x and y (Speed Vector)

- Gravity (+ G-load)

- Constant weapon data like airfriction, acceleration (rockets) etc.

Edited by Zabuza

A paper I found quite interesting:

http://msemac.redwoods.edu/~darnold/math55/deproj/sp09/wilsonpepper/cpandcwfinal.pdf

I started to make an excel sheet based on this ... but as a math noob, it turns out to be ... challenging. Right now, I think, I am "just" missing the drag factor of the ordnance - missing in the sense so that it fits into the forumlas I derived from the paper...

Nice paper! Can you derive a very coarse estimated value for the drag (value k in the paper), based on your calculations?

My graphs look similar to what is shown in the paper ... but that's it. The word "coarse estimation" is atm a too big word to use for that - it is probably more like "yeah, seems I am on the right hemisphere" :o)

But when I find the time, I might work on that more. Perhaps just by adjusting k to match the results to what can be seen in DCS ...

Btw, what is missing in that paper altogether are the effects of temperature and altitude - or better, the change of air density and thus the change of drag the projectile experiences when traveling through the air. Not sure how much of an impact that possibly can have ... but if we want to hit tanks with dumb bombs, every meter counts, I suppose ...

Edited by Flagrum

Dont forget wind and terrain data.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

I beleive the cicu would be considered the meeting point. It consumes data from many sources as listed above so it would have to be something quite central.

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Nope, i interpret that to mean something else does it. Good point.