MS Flight Sim X

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok Ive done a little research on this (never had as look at msfs skinning/painting so its all new to me and Im using trial and error.)

Using a different mi-8 "paint scheme" did not have any transparent textures at all.

Id say whats happening here, is that some paint schemes are using a "default" supplied fs9 (or msfs) texture for some parts - since what we have is only a demo it is shipped only with the textures it needs to run - so some objects try to use a missing texture resulting in the transparencies.

i confirmed this using a different paint of my Addictive VC-10 and it worked fine too.

I suppose if you were desperate you could try to single out the textures you need and copy them from fs9 to the fsx demo... but thats a little beyond me with my limited fs9 modding knowledge ;)

vvs504sig.jpgvvs504sig.jpg

BomberWing, VVS504 Red Hammers -

http://www.vvs504.co.uk

Basically for a existing fs9 aircraft you want to fly in the fsx demo do the following:

1) copy the aircraft from your old fs9\Aircraft\ directory into the FSX\SimObjects\airplanes\ directory

2)Copy any needed gauges from the fs9\Gauges\ directory to FSX\Gauges

3)Copy any needed effects files from fs9\Effects directory to FSX\Effects\

Thats basically it.... Id expect varying degrees of success with addon planes - some may require more steps perhaps. :)

vvs504sig.jpgvvs504sig.jpg

BomberWing, VVS504 Red Hammers -

http://www.vvs504.co.uk

I beleive most of the buttons are clickable in the VC as well on the AS F-18.

She sure does look nice. :)

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

looks nice, but IT's NOT WORTH MORE $$ than the sim itself.

The worse part is that, it won't be fully utilized with the limitations of that sim.

"Worth" is relative.

Some of the add-ons for FS are more expensive than that. lol

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

I noticed a keystroke in the list for War Emergency Power. I guess they are planning some WWII flyables.... looking forward to those!

That command is allready put in all the FS i thought, because of combat flight sim....

DCS World, A10C, AV8B, M2k, FA18C, FC3, MIG21

msfs trackir support (not in the fsx demo yet) has full 6dof support so if you have a trackir you can use that to zoom. There are also commands to move the eyepoint up/down/forwards/backwards and to zoom in/out.

A combination of these should get the views how you like them.

Ok, finally found the keys for zoom (0/= and -) Guess 0.3 (min?) zoom will do. One more question, when you press backspace the view will go back to default zoom. Can you assign a key so that by pressing it will make the zoom jump back to my prefered (0.3 or less..) zoom?

hmmm sorry - not sure... Im only using the keyboard zoom since theres no trackir support in the demo. maybe someone else knows this?

Ok, thanks. It's not very important. Now when i got a grasp of the views and seat positions and such i feel i can start exploring this sim. Time to set up the x-45 as well. Se ya.

• 3 weeks later...
Two funny FSX videos. Enjoy:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcW3hbnR2EI

That was funny, man :D The one with psycho-uncle Adolf. As long you're in the subject.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

that movie with Hitler looks very well done and intresting.. anyone knows the title of it?

Anyway he is right with his dual core remark!

LOL :megalol:

About the film it is kind of depressing

It is the indeed the Untergang of a dictator!

If you are only interested like me in WWII vehicles/tanks, it is

not the film that you want to see.

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |