massive lag when joining online

frogger

hi all , i found ive had this issue since the first dcs world. i can log in and join a server. but when im at the aircraft selection screen the whole thing just locks up and either crashes or after a long wait over 10 mins it shows my callsign next to an aircraft but if i try to fly it doesnt load as if its lagging.

if i load a flight offline i have no issies at all. i can fly with tankers and other aircraft in formations but as soon as i get online i have this issue.

is this a known thing or is it more then likely my pc.

also with the latest update the game crashes to desktop if i click around the screen trying to select things. also i am able to go spectator and view around the airfield with no problem. try to press f2 to see other players and it crashes.

any help would be appreciated

I got this

Please REFERENCE the minimum specs for DCS 1.5.........

System Requirements

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5; RAM: 8 GB; Free hard disk space: 30 GB; Video: 2 GB RAM card, DirectX11 - compatible; requires internet activation.

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i7+; RAM: 16GB; Hard disk space: 30 GB; Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX780 / ATI R9 290 DirectX11 or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

Not only is your memory way too low, your video card only has 1GB of memory.

You're way below the minimum spec for DCS.

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

hi all , i found ive had this issue since the first dcs world. i can log in and join a server. but when im at the aircraft selection screen the whole thing just locks up and either crashes or after a long wait over 10 mins it shows my callsign next to an aircraft but if i try to fly it doesnt load as if its lagging.

if i load a flight offline i have no issies at all. i can fly with tankers and other aircraft in formations but as soon as i get online i have this issue.

is this a known thing or is it more then likely my pc.

also with the latest update the game crashes to desktop if i click around the screen trying to select things. also i am able to go spectator and view around the airfield with no problem. try to press f2 to see other players and it crashes.

any help would be appreciated

This site may help you:

http://www.virtual-aerobatics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1841

Low computer specs can cause significant lag in my experience. If budget allows, upgrade you cpu first. DCS loves high freq cpu

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I am using an old system:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

System Manufacturer Dell Inc.

System Model XPS 730

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz, 2833 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Nvidia GeForce GTX750ti

Using FC3, Mig-29s, I am currently averaging 30-40 FPS without any noticeable lag while on line in multi-player. My game play is extremely smooth. However I did have a bad lag problem when I updated from v1.12 to v1.5. It finally got resolved in the last update with v.1.5.3.51218.38.

yeah i know its a pretty low end system but i have no trouble with offline play. seems kinda weird that online play would cause such a problem. i can make missions with ground units and helicopters circling the airfield while aircraft come in to land and im able start the aircraft and take off and fly close formations.

yeah i know its a pretty low end system but i have no trouble with offline play. seems kinda weird that online play would cause such a problem. i can make missions with ground units and helicopters circling the airfield while aircraft come in to land and im able start the aircraft and take off and fly close formations.

There is more work for your system when flying online multiplayer vs. offline solo. Turn on the FPS info, ctrl-pause then press ctrl-pause one more time to bring up the additional graphics info. Note what's drawing high numbers.

Like I said before I had the same unplayable issues but all was corrected with the current version as previously mentioned which made me realise for me it was more version related.