A-10C Basic Flight Training Qualification DLC

In answer to your first question make sure you have the APU running and the APU Generator Switch to ON and the radio tuned to 131.0 Mhz AM. You don't need to wait until engines are running.

In answer to your second question the requirements are detailed in the mission briefing text (and copied here). The order is not important but each item must be covered. We also recommend pressing any push button switches for a least a 1 second count as the game engine sometimes doesn't record the key press if you do it too quickly.

1. ATC start-up clearance before engine running: o.k. (though I didn't change any condition than before, it's a miracle)

2. checklist items which have to be covered: o.k. (truly helpful)

3. last question: What is meant by "pitot heat test" ?

I can switch pitot heating ON and OFF. But how can I test functionality?

1. ATC start-up clearance before engine running: o.k. (though I didn't change any condition than before, it's a miracle)

2. checklist items which have to be covered: o.k. (truly helpful)

3. last question: What is meant by "pitot heat test" ?

I can switch pitot heating ON and OFF. But how can I test functionality?

In game the test is confirming the operation of the switch setting ON and OFF. Leave it on for at least 1 second count to ensure the game engine recognizes it.

Most times you only put Pitot Heat on when holding short of the runway or as part of your line-up check but we wanted it covered as part of the "fully mission operational" definition for start-up. I recall reading somewhere that if you have Pitot Heat turned on for a long time before start-up it can overheat (not sure if this is modeled in game though).

Edited by Sabre-TLA

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

This issue seems to fool many users and I believe it's just the way the switch graphics are set. Check this thread to make sure you have it set in the correct position.

Thanks Sabre. Add me the the ones that got fooled:thumbup:

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

Not sure if I've discovered an omission in the amplified checklist but the Before Taxi section of the checklist appears to omit Anti-Skid On on page 6. On page 5 we have Anti-Skid On and Off as part of the SAS - CHECK (item 15), and Anti-Skid On and Off as part of the Brakes - CHECK (item 18 ). I'd expect Anti-Skid On after the EAC Switch - ENGAGE but it doesn't appear to be there.

And thanks for the Pitot Heat test info above, I'd guessed as much but nice to have it confirmed!

Not sure if I've discovered an omission in the amplified checklist but the Before Taxi section of the checklist appears to omit Anti-Skid On on page 6. On page 5 we have Anti-Skid On and Off as part of the SAS - CHECK (item 15), and Anti-Skid On and Off as part of the Brakes - CHECK (item 18 ). I'd expect Anti-Skid On after the EAC Switch - ENGAGE but it doesn't appear to be there.

And thanks for the Pitot Heat test info above, I'd guessed as much but nice to have it confirmed!

It's actually part of the Line-Up check on page 7 of the checklist.

Some things can be done before taxi, some done after taxi and some done when on the runway (at Line-Up). I've even heard that some pilots don't put the canopy down and arm the ejection seat until they are ready for takeoff.

Since we want the bird to be considered "Fully Mission Operational" ensure you include the switch settings in the Line-Up check (and listed in the mission briefing). Don't include the throttle to 90% RPM test as that is only done prior to actual takeoff.

It's actually part of the Line-Up check on page 7 of the checklist.

Thanks Sabre, yeah, I saw that but will I be allowed to continue to taxi without switching Anti-Skid On during the Before Taxi checklist? I don't want to fail again!

Also this -

Don't include the throttle to 90% RPM test

Are you referring to this -

43. Idle Core RPM – CHECK

a) Rapidly move throttle from IDLE to

MAX, then hard motion back to IDLE

(IDLE-MAX-IDLE in 2 seconds or less)

That's a separate check correct?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks Sabre, yeah, I saw that but will I be allowed to continue to taxi without switching Anti-Skid On during the Before Taxi checklist? I don't want to fail again!

Also this -

Are you referring to this -

43. Idle Core RPM – CHECK

a) Rapidly move throttle from IDLE to

MAX, then hard motion back to IDLE

(IDLE-MAX-IDLE in 2 seconds or less)

That's a separate check correct?

Thanks for your help.

No you should leave the Anti-Skid on (as if you are ready for takeoff) before taxiing. The current triggers only check for the ON condition.

Yes that is a separate before taxi check.

Sorry, if this seems hyper-ciritcal, but this is the first pay campaign I've started walking through and I am not impressed.

These things really needs better voice acting. I don't want to be forced to sit through a yawn-fest taxi sequence while being forced to listen to 'interesting' facts about C-130's. I get that someone is trying to layout what the training consists of, but shorten the flight in and get the useless chatter out.

I also don't pretend to know much about the Air Force as it's not the branch of the military I served in, but do they really call someone moved on to flying aircraft after trainers a cadet? Are they even a cadet any point after they've received their commission regardless of what stage of training they're in? I'm dubious.

Finally, not directly related to the mission itself, but if you're going to force us to go through checklists, maybe get the DCS app on android as well, and include interactive checklists for us to walk through so we can do it on a phone/tablet. The alt-tab dance already caused me to fail twice because of silly things I 99% of the time do, neither of which would have caused my plane to fall out of the sky. because I was trying to be thorough. I really don't need to waste ink/paper on this.

I'm already tired of the second mission and I haven't gotten off the ground yet.

Edited by xaoslaad

Sorry, if this seems hyper-ciritcal, but this is the first pay campaign I've started walking through and I am not impressed.

These things really needs better voice acting. I don't want to be forced to sit through a yawn-fest taxi sequence while being forced to listen to 'interesting' facts about C-130's. I get that someone is trying to layout what the training consists of, but shorten the flight in and get the useless chatter out.

I also don't pretend to know much about the Air Force as it's not the branch of the military I served in, but do they really call someone moved on to flying aircraft after trainers a cadet? Are they even a cadet any point after they've received their commission regardless of what stage of training they're in? I'm dubious.

Finally, not directly related to the mission itself, but if you're going to force us to go through checklists, maybe get the DCS app on android as well, and include interactive checklists for us to walk through so we can do it on a phone/tablet. The alt-tab dance already caused me to fail twice because of silly things I 99% of the time do, neither of which would have caused my plane to fall out of the sky. because I was trying to be thorough. I really don't need to waste ink/paper on this.

I'm already tired of the second mission and I haven't gotten off the ground yet.

One man's dialogue is another man's snore fest. I get that and you only have to suffer through it once to get the context. Maybe we could have provided a document to read instead but we liked the idea that you are on the C-130 flying into Batumi for the exercise and getting pre-briefed by your eventual Flight Examiner.

We agree that better voice recordings would improve things and are in discussion with a professional recording studio to do that.

I think many different branches of the military have different definitions for student pilots. We chose Cadet as it seemed appropriate to us.

The interactive checklist is a cool idea. Do you have an existing example we could review?

Sure, look at the MiG-21Bis app by LNS checklists in the Flight section. You can tap each one green as you do it. They even include links to graphics that tell you where the switches are in case you don't know. I wasn't really pointing at this as a fault of the campaign developers though.

It would be great if the checklists for all the aircraft were in the DCS app like this and it were available for android too.

By all means though, power to you guys if you want to make an app with checklists in conjunction with the campaign.

Edited by xaoslaad

Sure, look at the MiG-21Bis app by LNS checklists in the Flight section. You can tap each one green as you do it. They even include links to graphics that tell you where the switches are in case you don't know. I wasn't really pointing at this as a fault of the campaign developers though.

It would be great if the checklists for all the aircraft were in the DCS app like this and it were available for android too.

By all means though, power to you guys if you want to make an app with checklists in conjunction with the campaign.

Very cool. We will check that out. We haven't gotten to the MiG-21 yet as many people have asked but we hope to.

No you should leave the Anti-Skid on (as if you are ready for takeoff) before taxiing. The current triggers only check for the ON condition.

Thanks again, successfully passed the start up section! Only to collide with a fuel truck whilst taxiiing :)

My only gripe about the 1st (2nd?) mission is the 2 minutes for shut down. Why so short? It's just not long enough to run the checklist (at least at a sensible speed). Very annoying to fail after half an hour.

It was unfortunate that it didn't make the initial release but we have a practice mission package that describes the shutdown procedure. You can actually start shutting things off just after leaving the runway.

Please review the A-10C Amplified checklist pdf for a list of those items.

Once you are used to it you will find 2 mins to be reasonable (who wants to wait 15 mins to get their rating?).

My only gripe about the 1st (2nd?) mission is the 2 minutes for shut down. Why so short? It's just not long enough to run the checklist (at least at a sensible speed). Very annoying to fail after half an hour.

With a bit of practice it's really easy.

Shut everything left from right

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It was unfortunate that it didn't make the initial release but we have a practice mission package that describes the shutdown procedure. You can actually start shutting things off just after leaving the runway.

Please review the A-10C Amplified checklist pdf for a list of those items.

Once you are used to it you will find 2 mins to be reasonable (who wants to wait 15 mins to get their rating?).

You could also trigger the rating after battery is shut down, which should be the last item in the C/L no ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You could also trigger the rating after battery is shut down, which should be the last item in the C/L no ?

Yes. We do that check only starting in the 3rd mission of the Advanced Aircraft Training campaign as by that time we expect you know the shutdown procedure by heart.

CICU I think.

I really want to move onto the proper stuff; not sure if I can face wasting another half hour.

You can play the missions individually by going to the Missions menu tab and then changing the directory to point at the /Mods/campaigns folder.

Alternatively you can manually edit your logbook and pick a different stage. Here are some instructions to do that:

You can manually set the campaign stage in your logbook file. If you don't have it, download and install Notepad++. This editor allows for proper editing of lua files. Make a backup copy before you do any manual editing just in case.

To change the campaign stage look for a file called: <Drive>:\Users\<your userid>\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor\logbook.lua

You can change the stage here:

["games"] =

{

[1] = <--- This is the campaign number in your set

{

["created"] = "01/03/16 21:50:09",

["player"] = "Player Name",

["campaign"] = ".\\Mods\\aircraft\\A-10C\\Missions\\en\\Campaigns/A-10C - Basic Flight Training Qualification.cmp", <--- This is the campaign name

["status"] = "Active",

["history"] =

{

[1] = <--- This is the number of the first mission in the campaign and below is it's result

{

["datetime"] = "01/03/16 21:52:16",

["agKills"] = 0,

["aaKills"] = 0,

["stage"] = 1,

["deathsCount"] = 0,

["result"] = 100,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT Arrival.miz",

}, -- end of [1]

[2] = <--- Look for the highest number in the set - this will be the next mission to launch

{

["stage"] = 13, <--- Change the stage to 1 more than the BFT mission number

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT12 Low Level Flight Plan.miz", <--- Change the name of the mission

}, -- end of [2]

}, -- end of ["history"]

}, -- end of [1]

}, -- end of ["games"]

Reply if you continue to have problems.

I share your sentiment - I have tried many excellent checklist apps, but unfortunately they are mostly dealing with single module only and each app has slightly different interface.

I came across this page which contains checklists for several DCS modules. The page is very spartan and weird to use on a desktop, but when you browse the checklists on a touchscreen mobile/tablet, it works pretty well. You can even pin the checklists to your homescreen for offline use.

The content seems to follow the official game handbooks, which is both good (I like to follow the official documentation) and bad (there are some illogical steps in the official docs)