DCS is moving Forward..Controls menu in the Dark ages.

agreed... naming convention is important with local and 3rd party devs now in the game

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

is there a possibility of extending the options window, so that more columns of devices was visible on the screen without scrolling?

My god yes, I've been asking for this for years now. None of us run 1024x768 anymore, so there's really no good reason to keep the controls GUI so small and a fixed size as opposed to scalable based on resolution.

I feel that the current control menu works way better and easier than other sims. But it would be nice if settings could also be stored with our online profile. That way we can aways have access to our mappings.

Remember, in a couple of years, we might have 20+ modules that has to be mapped...

That would be a very good solution, having the controls stored online as part of our DCS profile! While at it, the pilot log should also be stored there as well! :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I absolutely agree with jaydee!

And by the way there are A LOT OF common keystrokes which

are present in ALL aircraft. For example Labels, save cockpit angles,

time accelerate / slow / normal (I have Shift-T Ctrl-T, T) etc.

Why are we obliged to configure those for EACH aircraft ?

Moreover... OK, you can save the configuration .lua file but then again,

why one for the keyboard, one for the joystick, one for the pedals, one for the throttle.

That could be done in just one lua file which contains everything no?

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Thanks for all you comments lads. I've harped on about this topic before , I know. But I believe it's important moving forward for DCS. We have DCS 2 coming as well as Edge and lots of new stuff on the horizon and I am excited by it all. (20 years ago my Simming was Triangles and outlines)...(OOh I remember when I bought my first 3dFX Voodoo card ).

Sorry I digress !

My point is this : NEWCOMERS to DCS !. ...They Have a rig that can Run DCS, Buy their first module and want to go Flying straight away after a little bit of Setup.

They jump in and Find Rudder is bound to Pitch, Joystick is bound to Throttle, Sliders are bound to Roll Axis etc etc.. Why make it this Hard For newcomers to DCS.

Then they Have search the Forums, Find out what LUAS are !

They want to Fly, They have bought their Favorite Plane to fly DCS (Maybe they are moving From another Flight Game to DCS).

I do not want to Sacrifice the the Fidelity of DCS or any of it Modules.

I honestly believe that ED can do this Better and make it Easier and more user-Friendly for Pilots that may be joining DCS for the first time.

That's it , I have said my piece on this topic.

~S~ to all.

• Like 1

R7 7800X3d,64g 6000 Ram,4090, Pimax Crystal. 

Indeed... Why make it this Hard For newcomers to DCS,

and for those who are not too....

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

~ (OOh I remember when I bought my first 3dFX Voodoo card ).

So do I, and I was so dismayed when the Voodoo 5 was pulled :cry:

Unfortunately, the rest is a DX, combined with a multitude other hardware addons problem, as well as naming convention (bug bear of programmmers has always been naming convention)

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"