MFM Campaign Rebate Program Starts May 1st, 2016

We have had many loyal customers that have supported us to this point and we will not forget them as we continue to develop new campaigns for this great simulator.

Given that we cannot transfer your previous purchase to ED we have decided to introduce a rebate program.

On proof of purchase of the new campaign in the ED Store we will rebate the full amount previously paid to MapleFlagMissions via your Paypal account ($4.99 USD).

How will this work?

1. Starting May 1st send a copy of your proof of purchase for the new ED Store Campaign from ED to mapleflagmissions@gmail.com with some additional reference information (your name, SUID code and PayPal account email used to purchase our missions). Do not send us a copy of your MFM PayPal purchase as we already have you in our customer database.

2. If we can make a match to a record in our customer database then we will refund the $4.99 USD amount you originally spent on the campaign to your Paypal account.

3. This represents a nearly 50% discount on the current ED Store price after the rebate.

This also ensures ED gets the full revenue for moving to the better manager module system and will allow us to decommission the SUID/Mission Key system as effectively you are fully refunded for your previous MapleFlag purchase.

This is a huge logistical challenge for us which is why we have decided to start May 1st. Your rebate may not be immediately sent after you contact us in May owing to email volume but we will ensure it gets completed.

We will apply the same rebate to any campaign that ends up on EDs Store so those many customers that bought all our campaigns (10 in total) will not lose any money once they purchase the matching ED Store version.

We believe this is the best decision for our customers as it recognizes their previous purchase to the fullest extent.

For those that have already purchased the new campaign - many thanks! Please keep your proof of purchase handy so you can get your rebate in May when the program officially starts.

We will advise if there are any changes to the program.

Many thanks for supporting MapleFlagMissions and helping us get to this important milestone.

Edited by Sabre-TLA
  • Like 1

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Top idea Sabre! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Maybe you should ask for a sticky since this will come up very often...

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just to be clear:

I'm effectively paying 5€ to unify the campaign with my module manager?

Follow up question:

How does the ED store version differ from the one you previously sold via your website, besides possible bugfixes?

I too, was wondering about the 100% price hike.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Just to be clear:

I'm effectively paying 5€ to unify the campaign with my module manager?

Follow up question:

How does the ED store version differ from the one you previously sold via your website, besides possible bugfixes?

Yes that's correct. We believe the module manager is a much better model for install and updates and we will be decommissioning our complicated SUID/Mission Key model effective March 20, 2017.

Right now the ED store version and the current Maple Flag versions are the same. However once the SUID/Mission Key model is decommissioned then the only fixes going out will be for the ED store version.

We will also be fixing the ED store version first so the updates for the Maple Flag version will lag behind.

Exactly what I thought.

This is bad costumer service, IMHO.

You are forcing people who already have the product to pay an additional 5€, just to merge it with the module manager.

I get it, you want 10€ from now on from every new costumer, because an official ED DLC rates at that price and because ED wants to make a profit, too. All game.

But for people like me, who bought it before it was cool(if I may use that phrasing), it is a nuisance.

Admitted, it's 'just' 5€. But it's not about the money. It's about principle.

Besides, I bought nearly all of your campaigns, so it DOES add up to an extent.

Though I'm guessing ED is the cause for this situation, since they won't accept a key swap.

Thank you ED,

after buying nearly every module you currently sell and being nothing but a loyal simmer, THIS happens.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Edited by KansasCS

And just to be clear, I like your campaigns. They are nicely done and I appreciate the hard work you put into them. If ever you create an entirely new campaign, for instance BFTQ for the Huey, I'll probably get it. But that is beside the point.

"Pay up or wave goodbye to your product support."

Dirty pool in my opinion.

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

We always hoped our campaigns would make it to the ED Store and now the first one has.

The MFM SUID/Mission Key system was created long before ED had a storefront for campaigns. It did the job but was difficult to manage. Many users have had issues with changing SUIDs, Mission Keys that don't work or having to wait for keys to be issued.

We believe the ED module manager is the best system for managing our campaigns going forward.

The one year decommissioning period applies to this campaign only. Other campaigns will continue to be supported until 1 year after they appear on ED's site.

Alot can change in a year so we will re-evaluate this decision again next year.

ED has many frequent sales and bundled packages so hopefully you can take advantage of those opportunities to upgrade at a reduced price.

As indicated if you do upgrade we will rebate the contribution you already made to Maple Flag Missions in full.

The one year decommissioning period applies to this campaign only. Other campaigns will continue to be supported until 1 year after they appear on ED's site.

Very good and relieving to know for people who bought all of your campaigns.

I'm hopeful you can come to an agreement with ED or yourselves that doesn't involve spending money on something one already owns.

• 2 weeks later...
.... Though I'm guessing ED is the cause for this situation, since they won't accept a key swap.

Thank you ED,

after buying nearly every module you currently sell and being nothing but a loyal simmer, THIS happens.

I had thought the same thing, but Sabre stated that it was his/their decision not to ask ED to do this because they didn't know it was possible. It was not ED's decision to not allow it. They have allowed/supported it on other third part modules, i think the Hawk or one of the other 3rd party jets i cant remember.

Seems like if there was a TRUE appreciation of all of us, especially those like you and I that have bought almost all of the MFMs, there would have been some effort to try and transition or covert our keys into ones that can be used. It's not like ED and MFM don't already have all of our details to cross match. I'm not saying it could be done in 5 minutes, would prolly take some time but its been done before. Knowing that the decision was to not 'bother' ED with this was what got me. Even still now, knowing that there may be an option for loyal customers and still there was no "Hey guy's sorry, let me check and see if we can do this" or anything. I appreciate the discount offer, but im still buying the same product again, not even an upgraded version or anything.

With this offer I was going to consider re-buying the campaigns because i have most of them but have only used a few and would like to still like to use them. I have reconsidered.. now i don't know what i will do. i still want to use what paid for and get the updates, but the whole thing just rubs me wrong. i had a lot of respect for MFM, the work was good, but the decision here was not.

I don't want this to be a 'hate' post, its not, just really wish things would have been handled better

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...