Please fix Alt-Tab immediately.

Oops wrong section

Sorry I am not in a good mood right now, my nerves are almost depleted with this.

Please fix so that the program can minimize properly under Windows 7 Ult x64. It's barely working for me I have to fight with it constantly, sometimes it refuses to work completely, this has been going on for some time and I cannot tolerate it anymore.

This area is notorious for the console-port boom that happend in the break of the new decade and is still persists across the board.

For a high-profile PC exclusive and a simulator this is just unacceptable. I'm being honest of my opinions, so, don't take it personally.

I was infact tolerating it as it's suppose to be still Beta, so the stress has been building up for some time, I should have reported this bug earlier, my mistake.

Thank you

EDIT:

Even when it is "minimized" it's never minimized, it keeps jumping up in some weird quasi-windwed-but-still-fullscreen-mode whenever any other windows are maximized like browsers, with some luck the other windows got front focus, however the program persists behind, sometimes it does go down when "SHOW DESKTOP" button is pressed, that is how I actually "minimize", to get it away it usually takes serveral attempts of non-destructive but dramatic keyboard beating, and if this continues something will eventually fly out the window down on the pavement.

I belive it does also not work with windows key, that's why I used it for some hotkeys and disabled it, might try reenabling.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

This is a perfect example how not to report a bug,

Basically: " It's Broke, Fix It "

Please Psot System Specs, and Any Logs.

Alt+TAB does not minimize, it Cycles Application Focus.

WinKey+M Minimizes, WinKey+Shift+M Restores Selected Application On Task Bar.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Why does then this work for all other applications but some aren't respecting this standard ?

Or you think it's the other way around, that all of those games always went out of the bounds and made Alt-Tab to work as a minimization ?

I didn't expect this to have anything to do with error logs or hardware. But it doesn't make any error.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

By default Windows behavior, Alt-Tab always shifts focus, never minimizes. As Skate said, in Windows the default command for minimizing is WinKey+M.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

The "show desktop" button in lower right corner works many times, today it didn't, I don't understand why this isn't a standard, it's the best GUI feature that came with windows vista (which I skipped; so best feature in win7 for me since XP) I rely on this probably like I rely on the sun coming up in the morning and it absolutely infuriates me when it doesn't work, sorry, I'm just letting some steam out, I'm done now.

Edited by Worrazen

Yes, but show desktop minimizes every window, not just the one in focus.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Yes, but show desktop minimizes every window, not just the one in focus.

Why is this a negative ? That's exactly what I wanted.

EDIT: Well if the Alt-Tab shifts focus but not minimizes, what is it doing then, if you shift focus it obviously has to minimize a full screen app to be able to show the other screen, can there be more than one way of getting out, why does there have to be only one way.

Why are we having such problems with the operating systems in this planet, it affects all the programs across the board, I hate this piece of crap company. That's why I won't even touch Win10 for another 3 years otherwise I might get a heartattack.

I remember in WinXP, you had so many ways to get out, WinKey, Alt-Tab, Ctrl-Alt-Del and minimizing from Task Manager, option that doesn't exist here, and you could also "switch users" and log back in the program will be there minimized and the desktop would show, but noooooooooo the new OS it all get ruined.

I just switched out now, logged back in, nothing, it just doesn't go away it's extremely annoying.

Edited by Worrazen

I cannot find the "disable WinKey" option anymore., or if this ever existed, I have vague memory. But I know the WinKey doesn't work normally as it doesn't show the start menu.

I already tried the official hotykey combination, it doesn't work.

edit: Alt-Enter blinks the screen a bit, for giggles, so it does nothing.

I'm on Asus P9X79 on an Intel Sandy Bridge i7 with stock clocks, using Radeon 370X with the first Crimson drivers.

TLDR;

So, WinKey doesn't work in DCS 1.5.3 for me, I've exhausted all options I could think of. (I don't use any other DCS versions)

Edited by Worrazen

Many DCS versions ago I used to have a problem where Alt-Tab didn't seem to do anything at all. But I don't remember if a new DCS version fixed it, or it the problem went away with a new Windows + DCS installation.

Since I'm having problems filtering the few bits of relevant information out of the rants, all I can say is: Alt-Tabbing works perfectly fine with DCS on my end. And if it ain't broke, don't fix it. ;)

So the screen never pops back up when you open other windows, does it stay minimized ?

If you're running exclusive full screen,

The current behavior of DCS for ALT+TAB will drop DCS to Borderless Windowed Mode.

If it's already in Borderless Window Mode, ALT+Tab will bring the Application you switched focus to above the DCS Window, which will continue to be rendered, and will not be minimized.

DX9 and Older, Full Screen Applications minimized when ALT+TAB,

DX10 and Up allowed Applications to Switch Focus while remaining on screen via borderless window

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Alt+tab works in win 7, but only if I got something else open like notepad or a file folder. with everything closed I have to ctrl alt del to open task manager then open a side program... for this reason, when I know I'm going into the ME, I always open my script folder then enter DCS so I can easily alt tab

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

ALT Tab Shifts Focus,

If there's nothing to Shift Focus To, Alt Tab is useless.

why windows key + M doesn't minimize dcs word for me then?

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

why windows key + M doesn't minimize dcs word for me then?

That only works on desktop windows, not on fullscreen applications.

Windowed mode and fullscreen mode are handled differently:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms632679(v=vs.85).aspx

Edited by kazereal

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

This is broken for me as well (Win7 x64 Pro). Sometimes but not always switching focus (alt tab) / minimizing all (winkey D) still keeps DCS on top but the Windows taskbar does appear. Clicking on other open apps in taskbar of course does nothing, DCS "window" (it's full screen really) still on top even with focus on other applications.

For me it's no big deal but i find it weird that is not consistent. I can usually get normal behaviour after a few tries. It appears to happen mostly if not exclusively in multiplayer.

Turn off in DCS options 'Full screen' but keep full resolutions set of your display. Works like a charm, I am running two copies on Win7 x64 and different setups.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer