Bf 109 K-4 skins contest

Racoon

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This vote is a joke.. Have people even tried the skins? I dont think so..

I am sorry for JST. He is my skinning hero as well!

And I am probably stepping on someones toes here, but what the heck am I to do with a spanish civil war skin for a K-4.. I thought this was a flight simulator and not war thunder.

Edited by rel4y
  • Like 1

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

Not one skin in this thread deserves a 1.

• Like 1

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

+1 ... Or I actually mean +4 at the least

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

• ED Team

And I am probably stepping on someones toes here, but what the heck am I to do with a spanish civil war skin for a K-4.. I thought this was a flight simulator and not war thunder.

You should probably try making your point without trashing someones work, I personally love fantasy skins as much as I like historical ones...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team
Im going to use free vpn to make 100 downvotes on all the skins and upvote the skin i want to win thats what i think about this bad voting system

Brilliant.. announce to all of us how you are going to abuse the system... good job :thumbup: :doh:

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I am also disapointed about the vote, looking yesterday seem's like the mob is going through the skins and vote all for bad quality.

Only voted for my four favourit skins and thats is.

Edited by MAD-MM

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Brilliant.. announce to all of us how you are going to abuse the system... good job :thumbup: :doh:

yes it is good so atleast all the other competitors have a fighting chance against the other people who are also cheating

i am exposing this vulnerable system for what it is in hopes they will find a new system

Weren't the original idea for ED to pick winners? Why public voting? I am not a fan of public votes on competitions. They tend to end up people asking all their fellows, neighbors, uncles and their uncle's dogs to vote for their entry, and they seldom result in the best winning. May be something to consider for future competitions :)?

Edited by WinterH

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

• ED Team
Weren't the original idea for ED to pick winners? Why public voting? I am not a fan of public votes on competitions. They tend to end up people asking all their fellows, neighbors, uncles and their uncle's dogs to vote for their entry, and they seldom result in the best winning. May be something to consider for future competitions :)?

There will be winners from public voting and winners whose skins become a part of the game. Can't see a reason to miss an opportunity to popularize the DCS by involving friends and friends of the friends to public voting. :smilewink:

With upcoming official release of Bf 109 K-4 we are happy to announce skins contest.

To become participant you need to create your own version of the plane's skin.

Rules:

- Skin must be created from the template: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ru/downloads/texture_templates/bf-109k-4_template/

- Skin can be historical accurate or not. Skin can be of any countries that are presented in DCS World.

- Because the Nazi swastika is a forbidden symbol in many countries please do not use it in your skins.

So, these are the rules... Historical or not... Of any country...

This is contest for all skins. Not only for new ones. The idea is to use them as official skins within the game.

Plus there would be few winners. We are looking for many good skins.

so.... It can be more than one winner....

Ok. Because I can't make proper voting within the forum there is a form based on google docs.

http://goo.gl/forms/Aa8jwRd9NQ

Feel free to vote for any skins you like.

(show me how many friends you have)))

Not the best method, but is the same for all.

Definitely is a bad method; some people were unaware that they can vote more than one plane.:doh:

Perhaps only the skinners should vote..... But, 35 skins and only 15 skinners....

One vote for skinner or one vote for skin (Ideal for those who sent 3 to five skins :thumbup:)

I think, would be one vote for skinners; 15 skinners, 15 votes; and the skin with most votes is the winner; simple...... But... The contest rules are others

And this is the positive actitude, propose alternatives , rather than just complain.

I'm always happy to provide good skins to the community that people are happy to fly. But there was a prize here, one that I'd like to win very much. I worked hard for it, and I don't want it to depend on who has more friends, but the quality of my work. :huh:

I read your comments and thought that the important were the skins , it turns out that what matters is the prize. What do you want, the Spitfire? If it depends of me, the spitfire is yours.

There is a Japanese skin , another playboy , another wolkswagen , CSSR Police, IAF , Italian ....

These skins have votes and in the duration of the contest could win perfectly

what the heck are you to do with this?... And most of the models are not K-4 skins.... G´s mostly...

Do you know the project for DCS of a Polikarpov I-16 "Mosca"? This plane was used in the spanish civil war, and in the spanish community its development is expected to make dogfights between the Bf - 109 and I-16 (and some captured Bf -109 , which had also ) .... And all of this is valid in DCS... DCS is more than Europe and world war II.

This is not War Thunder, Microsoft is the flight simulator..... This is a Combat Simulator. :pilotfly:

Not one skin in this thread deserves a 1.

Totally agree , there are here skins very very good.

Maybe you should think about the possibility of what can please the Spanish community of DCS a Spanish skin ; so you probably can vote the skin over any German model.

I only extended the contest to my community groups; and most of them are owners o future owners of the Bf-109.

And..... I think that at no time i have infringed the competition rules , rules that we have all agreed to participate , so I do not understand why this criticism of the contest .

Sorry for my english.

I do not want to argue more, but it is notified nowhere to assign the lowest rating (1) to other competitors to promote a particular project. I think especially as the elders, JST or Snowsniper, who have invested time and passion in their skins. They do not deserve, in any case, a score of 1 when we see and test their work. People just have to vote once for their favorite skin and is finished.

By voting this way, people do not show respect for all skinners who have spent time on this contest. For me that is what has upset competitors and others. Please note I'm not saying that's what you did, you and your friends.

Finally, a comment for Racoon, I do not think it makes a good advertisement for DCS, wrong method !!! And this will be my last comment on this disastrous public contest.

PS: Also excuse my bad english

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is a Japanese skin , another playboy , another wolkswagen , CSSR Police, IAF , Italian ....

These skins have votes and in the duration of the contest could win perfectly

what the heck are you to do with this?... And most of the models are not K-4 skins.... G´s mostly...

Do you know the project for DCS of a Polikarpov I-16 "Mosca"? This plane was used in the spanish civil war, and in the spanish community its development is expected to make dogfights between the Bf - 109 and I-16 (and some captured Bf -109 , which had also ) .... And all of this is valid in DCS... DCS is more than Europe and world war II.

This is not War Thunder, Microsoft is the flight simulator..... This is a Combat Simulator. :pilotfly:

Youre a smart one arent ya.. So DCS is not simulating flying, its simulating combat. Well then I guess I have completely misused the jet trainers the whole time. I have just been simulating flying the aircraft while instead I should have been simulating combatting in it! Oh boy.

Tell me please whats the great optical difference between lets say a G-2, late G-14, G-10 or an Avia S-199 to a K-4. Please feel free to fight in an I-16 against a K-4 and also feel free to show me where exactly an I-16 type 24 was involved in the spanish civil war...

Have fun winning with your 20-something google accounts and by the way your skin is certainly well done. I did not downvote it in any way, I only voted on those which I liked best and gave them 5 Stars. I just dont see why fantasy skins should be included in an official DCS release when this community is striving for historical accuracy of flight models and 3D models the whole time.

Edited by rel4y
  • Like 1

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

Youre a smart one arent ya.. So DCS is not simulating flying, its simulating combat. Well then I guess I have completely misused the jet trainers the whole time. I have just been simulating flying the aircraft while instead I should have been simulating combatting in it! Oh boy..

Sorry, that was a words game... MS Flight simulator.... DCS Digital Combat Simulator.

Tell me please whats the great optical difference between lets say a G-2, late G-14, G-10 or an Avia S-199 to a K-4. Please feel free to fight in an I-16 against a K-4 and also feel free to show me where exactly an I-16 type 24 was involved in the spanish civil war....

Google and time to search are a very good tool to find information.

Have fun winning with your 20-something google accounts and by the way your skin is certainly well done. I did not downvote it in any way, I only voted on those which I liked best and gave them 5 Stars.

Sorry again, others can do, but i don't need to do it,i voted once and i voted all the skins, the only skins i gave 1 point were the fantasy skins.... But i'm not responsible on the way the people vote. And this is not my fault.

For me, this is the best skin...

047b8fed4e00c73f69dc0299fccc8cfb.jpg

I just dont see why fantasy skins should be included in an official DCS release when this community is striving for historical accuracy of flight models and 3D models the whole time.

757db531395cc3640dc00848d2f852e6.jpgd6be075571b75ebdc1dc796d4bd3b001.jpg

Why this skin is a fantasy skin and don't have historical accuracy?

The only mismatch is the model; the real model was a Bf-109 E3

This is not my first skin, and this is not a copy/paste from War Thunder...

It cost time and effort.

hey men keep zen. ! :pilotfly::joystick:

Flight sim still a game, ( a very nice one for sure ...thks ED)

it makes me always smiling that some flightsimers are so passionate, radical and so sure their own way of mind is the right way of mind or the right way it should be...

This thread is great and full of great skins and as many said, with very good works done and fun, don't turn it in another frustrated fighting or complaining.

or anyway an other way of mind :

if you like combat & dogfight so much, let's check your six and go in the air for a real combat in ED 109 if you're the man with some heavy XX. to finish this contest with an other great contest.

let's do a server now, a dogfight contest MP mission like that : "fictional & fun& non accurate" against "1944 & accurates"

bagarre_village_gaulois.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Rel4Y.

Don´t like it don´t use it but let the rest enjoy the skins the way we want it.

And talking about fantasy skins? oh please....

It´s only a model version license, but the skin is real. And very well done.

You are against any skin for any DCS module that did not fit perfect with the model version and the timeframe? Why you want to limit so much everything?

You want to delete all the skins for the Ka-50, or the Mi-8 for all the countries that never has one of this helicopters because is not realistic? Or the skins for the Huey about countries that never has one?

Really?

It hurts you so much?

It´s only a skin, come on....

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

• ED Team
so.... It can be more than one winner....

Exactly

Not the best method, but is the same for all.

Definitely is a bad method; some people were unaware that they can vote more than one plane.:doh:

Perhaps only the skinners should vote..... But, 35 skins and only 15 skinners....

One vote for skinner or one vote for skin (Ideal for those who sent 3 to five skins :thumbup:)

I think, would be one vote for skinners; 15 skinners, 15 votes; and the skin with most votes is the winner; simple......

15 skinners, 15 votes, everyone vote for his skin, dead end ))

Another example: 1 vote for each uploaded skin - someone makes a lot of very similar skins and wins automatically... Wrong way as well.

So as I mentioned above there is no perfect way to make a voting. But the open voting is more... democratic. Anyway, open voting for people's choice award only, but not for all awards within this contest. :smilewink:

This thread is great and full of great skins and as many said, with very good works done and fun, don't turn it in another frustrated fighting or complaining.

:thumbup:

Hi there Racoon, what you need is an impartial Jury of top skinners.

Why not ask a few of the best skinners for other Sims, perhaps IL2 or ROF, and ask them to judge? Skinners like VPMedia for example? There are quite a few around you could ask. Also a nice way to bring the community together :)

• ED Team
Hi there Racoon, what you need is an impartial Jury of top skinners.

Why not ask a few of the best skinners for other Sims, perhaps IL2 or ROF, and ask them to judge? Skinners like VPMedia for example? There are quite a few around you could ask. Also a nice way to bring the community together :)

Good idea! I'll keep it in mind for further contests.

Exactly

15 skinners, 15 votes, everyone vote for his skin, dead end ))

Another example: 1 vote for each uploaded skin - someone makes a lot of very similar skins and wins automatically... Wrong way as well.

So as I mentioned above there is no perfect way to make a voting. But the open voting is more... democratic. Anyway, open voting for people's choice award only, but not for all awards within this contest. :smilewink:

:thumbup:

Maybe, for the next vote, decide how many prizes are going to be awarded and only allow people to vote for that number. Meaning three prizes, vote for your three favorites and the one with the most numbers wins. You could also have a qualifier of an active forum account of one month or numbers of posts requirement. Just some ideas to lose the rating system. We should keep thing positive and lose this rating system. Only vote for what you like.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

• 2 weeks later...