No NVG's

petertheduke21

A sidenote: the german Tornados currently deployed to turkey to fly recce over Syria could not fly at night until they got a retrofit just weeks ago. The implementation of NVG in 2015 with ne LCD displays was done in a hurry and the cockpit lighting did blind the pilots to an extend that safe flying was difficult.

So much about just using NVGs in an aircraft gives you NVG capability

A sidenote: the german Tornados currently deployed to turkey to fly recce over Syria could not fly at night until they got a retrofit just weeks ago. The implementation of NVG in 2015 with ne LCD displays was done in a hurry and the cockpit lighting did blind the pilots to an extend that safe flying was difficult.

But its a Gr.4 version (upgarded version), M2000C is from period of Tornado Gr.1 and both (serial M2000C and Tornado Gr.1) hasn't NVG. Different subject is M2000-5.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

? that is one airframe, their are many different aircraft in service and a few can utilize nvg without the conversions. You cant say its not possible because it is. Is it the right answer? Again depends on the Nation, situation, and airframe.

Its much more prevelant in the rotorwing world and smaller fixed wing airframes.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

• 11 months later...
Hey, a 1 year necro, GG.

Maybe some peoples care about realism in this Sim. :)

Even if French pilots didnt use them, giving a M2000C Nvg goggles its not likeit would be giving it Aim54 phoenix or an ability to self designate PGM's. now that would be fantasy and lack of realism.

NVG goggles can be worn by any person. IT is not something integrated into an aircrafts systems . last time i checked people werent machines so we dont have to worry about incompatibility with software or hardware . :D.

a solution to this they can always make this an optional in the menu. so pilots have a choice whether they have acess to them or not.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

M-2000C cockpit lights are not compatible with NVGs.

IRL they can't use NVG on the 2000C that RAZBAM is simulating.

Read the hole thread, it have been explained.

but as even stated Modern M2000C pilots have beeen flying with them.

Razbam could just add the version with different colour Dashboard and then add thr NVGS. It could be otpion via main menu.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

but as even stated Modern M2000C pilots have beeen flying with them.

Razbam could just add the version with different colour Dashboard and then add thr NVGS. It could be option via main menu.

The Mirage 2000C S5 (the aircraft we have) never carried NVGs and was never compatible with them.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

The Mirage 2000C S5 (the aircraft we have) never carried NVGs and was never compatible with them.

Compatibility is subjective to a nations given standards( some give off more glare, some less), anyone can put on NVG goggles in any given cockpit and see at night.

again Its one of those things that be given optional in the main menu. So the hardcore purists can still have thier "realisitc Mirage" adding NVGS is not giving it an AIm54 phoneix.

Besides AS far as realism goes even RAZBAM had before considered giving our Mirgae 2000C excocets whoch wouldn't have been realisitc at all for the given model with the RDI radar.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

You can think what you want but our mirage does not allow NVG use.

Even with the cockpits lights to the lowest possible you won't be able to see anything and you won't be able to see the HUD.

Again read the thread : https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2722077&postcount=17

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

Razbam could just add the version with different colour Dashboard and then add thr NVGS. It could be otpion via main menu.

Agreed.

But... do you employ "just" as in "it's not a big deal"?

Because I think it is. It would mean an overhaul of all the lighting systems of the cockpit. That's kinda lots of work IMO.

spacer.png

You can think what you want but our mirage does not allow NVG use.

Even with the cockpits lights to the lowest possible you won't be able to see anything and you won't be able to see the HUD.

Again read the thread : https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2722077&postcount=17

well i guess il just have settle for mod then in the meantime. seems to work fine even in

C101

and yea i know the only real differences in the M2000C k5 is a black pit whoppteedo , and a few different colours. seems like mostly just a Reskin job which even modders could do.

Screen_150219_095142.jpg

Agreed.

But... do you employ "just" as in "it's not a big deal"?

Because I think it is. It would mean an overhaul of all the lighting systems of the cockpit. That's kinda lots of work IMO.

:music_whistling:

IlBlrEt.jpg

if a modder did it so can developer.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=159989

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Kev:

Activating the ~NVG filter in DCS is easy.

Integrating proper NVG compatibility is not.

I'm not interested in the easy way.

Sorry if you can't see the difference.

hence why i was open to suggesting this be optional tick in the main menu.

so hardcore purists can have it the way they want, that way it keeps everybody happy, but it seems you not wanting to even fathom a optional compromise for others is really just infringing ones own way of doing of things on others. since as a option this would not affect you ( and be dependent on player choice ( or in the case of Multiplayer a mission designer)

But yeah guess Il just stick to using a NVG mod in the meantime so i can actually see where im going at night with my eyes.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

But yeah guess Il just stick to using a NVG mod in the meantime so i can actually see where im going at night with my eyes.

Which is not realistic, as a real life pilot would not be able to see much IRL at night too. DCS nights tend to be pretty bright anyways. And if you're requesting a optional unrealistic night vision, then you could also request MICA missiles or even AMRAAMs as optional features if you're at it...

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Which is not realistic, as real life pilot would not be able to see much IRL at night too. DCS nights tend to be pretty bright anyways. And if you're requesting a optional unrealistic night vision, then you could also request MICA missiles or even AMRAAMs if you're at it...

That's it, alowing the mission editor to choose to enable it doesn't justify unrealistic features.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

Agreed. And just look at the flak Razbam already got for bending realism in some minor instances.

IMO stuff like this is exactly what mods are for.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Which is not realistic, as real life pilot would not be able to see much IRL at night too. DCS nights tend to be pretty bright anyways. And if you're requesting a optional unrealistic night vision, then you could also request MICA missiles or even AMRAAMs as optional features if you're at it...

no its not the same thing.

because anyone can put on a NVG goggles on thier helmet or head.

MICA missiles would require new avionics and software. thats quite different. and a far drastic beinding of realism

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Agreed. And just look at the flak Razbam already got for bending realism in some minor instances.

IMO stuff like this is exactly what mods are for.

yes small vocal groups.

they type that would whine even if the Flashlight used in Mirage cockoit used the wrong brand or batteries ( which we cant physically see anyways apart from the Light source) :P

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

no its not the same thing.

because anyone can put on a NVG goggles on thier helmet or head.

MICA missiles would require new avionics and software. thats quite different. and a far drastic beinding of realism

It is the same thing, NVG would require new avionics too, but you just don't want to hear that... Stay in your reality but please, don't ask for unrealistic features.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

It is the same thing, NVG would require new avionics too, but you just don't want to hear that... Stay in your reality but please, don't ask for unrealistic features.

no they dont, NVGS rely on batteries. and the device itself is mounted on your head or helmet.

you just dont want to hear that. and you dont want to have an open mind at all. Yes its not quite Realitic, but get over it ( scenarios with western Aircraft In Caucasus aren't exactly based on reality either) , its requires little effort to do. But as i said guess il just have to rely on a mod.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro