Buccaneer by the BANA Project

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any reason why it couldn't be filmed landing on a carrier, or launching from one? Is that going to be possible? Is the refueling probe there just for looks? .... and I don't mean that in a snide manner. I am wondering if the Buc will have the same restrictions as the A-4E ie. no radio ergo no ability to tank. Beautiful model though. I've always loved the RN carrier a/c! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is there any reason why it couldn't be filmed landing on a carrier, or launching from one? Is that going to be possible? Is the refueling probe there just for looks? .... and I don't mean that in a snide manner. I am wondering if the Buc will have the same restrictions as the A-4E ie. no radio ergo no ability to tank. Beautiful model though. I've always loved the RN carrier a/c! :thumbup:

The A4 mod is fully capable of landing on a carrier, and they bodged a script in to make it work with the hook. Just not anything that requires radio, so the SuperCarrier crew don’t interact to well with it.

I see no reason why this would be a problem for the buccaneers.

I would be more concerned with a working navigator’s position and AG radar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

My gut feeling is this will never see the light of day, like the F18 Superhornet...  just some small teases here and there, to keep the masses interested, but at the same time kept private.

Shame really, as this would be an awesome addon to have, I just wish someone would do the jaguar too

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

17 hours ago, Oban said:

My gut feeling is this will never see the light of day, like the F18 Superhornet...  just some small teases here and there, to keep the masses interested, but at the same time kept private.

Shame really, as this would be an awesome addon to have, I just wish someone would do the jaguar too

Yeah, what's the point of doing videos if they have no intention of releasing it to the community ..shame because the Bucc is one of my all time favorites 

5 hours ago, Mizzy said:

Yeah, what's the point of doing videos if they have no intention of releasing it to the community ..shame because the Bucc is one of my all time favorites 

yeah, somewhat agree, it's like the Superbug.. the Chinese guys are showcasing, seems and feels like it's a "look what I have and you don't " sort of thing, same with the Arma Community, private mods... but agree on the Bucc, one of my older faves too

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

On 1/13/2021 at 8:59 PM, Mizzy said:

They said that it's somewhat near release, but needs work. I guess they'll try to release it as soon as they can.

• 6 months later...
10 hours ago, gmangnall said:

I assume this is dead - but wouldn't it be great if they could have given out an AI non flyable mod 😞

Im pretty sure ‘this’ Buccaneer is a non starter.

However . . . . there could be another.

Maybe sometime in the future . . . ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgKrrUp7Qhc

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...