What is the white extremely high viscosity paste in throttles??

I have ordered a tin of the Chinese grease as well on DealExtreme.

Thanks to watermanpc for bringing the subject up.

For some reason it never occurred to me to actually look for that sticky transparent grease I have encountered in so many places. :)

I regreased my Warthog stick, but used only the earlier recommended Molycote grease.

It works allright, but I miss the "sticky/hydraulic" feeling there is in the WT sticks I have encountered which did not suffer from sticktion.

I am not sure if I will take my WT stick apart again soon (don't fix a working thing), but I was thinking of applying it to my Saitek pedals which would benefit from a more smooth feeling.

thanks mate!, hope it to work for you!!:thumbup:

Sorry, I don't have time to read through in detail - but the white grease I use for mechanical parts in radio etc is barium grease.

Don't know if it's the same stuff, but it would make sense.

We used one in the army - it wasn't white, but it was very viscous - sticky like treacle. And very dark.

PS - if you can get that grease from China in Hong Kong - let me know. I have an internet friend who is an airline Captain and he flies to HK regularly. He fetches back modelling tools for me that are normally very expensive - but they cost pennies in HK.

Yeah, as soon as some of us get the "thing" :P will report back...

Btw, after 8 days of applying that extremely low amount of the grease in my X52 pro it still working INCREDIBLE!!...and still going hard and refuses to leave the shaft!:D...and as its very very clean there is no dust nor any kind of signs of needing a reapply (also because as I said there is no need to use a high quantity, just a little bit)...:thumbup:

Take a look at my MODS here

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys!!, as I said, Im back here as I have just received the grease from deal Xtreme...sadly, I have to say that its NOT the same grease as the one used in the X52 pro throttle :(...the one I received is exactly this one:

sku_112202_2.jpg

I would say that its probably the same "kind" of thing but with way less viscosity which is the most valuable aspect in terms of joy lubrication...its not nearly as sticky (yes, the good one is really sticky, almost as glue) as the one in the throttle but its a bit sticky which none of the greases I have tried are but just not enough...of course it doesnt provide any kind of "hydraulic feeling" I was also looking for...:(

I guess the only way to go then is nyogel...well guys, hope to have been useful for you, now you know what you should not buy...

In the meantime i got the 767a from U.S. and that stuff is sticky.

Greased up my warthog last night and i don't remember ever being so happy with my 7 year old stick as I am now.

The only down side is that after it's seems more diffycult get the hat back in place without the wires getting stuck, but i managed and it's a totally different feeling.

As a sidenote i moved the 4 small springs on top aswell as mounting the big spring. It feels way better.

Nyogel works. End of story. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

I just ordered a little tube of Nyogel 760g .... i might have made a bad choice here. Now i'm thinking it isn't the right product.

Update: The stuff works GREAT! At first, i was disappointed with it, but I must not have put enough on. I re-applied a second amount, and was a little more liberal with it, and now it works like a champ.

Edited by Apache600
review

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

Ok, after a few more days I just ordered the real Nyogle 767a and today the thing arrived...IT WORKS!!!!:thumbup: Finally!!!!...this is the nyogel I got:

attachment.php?attachmentid=139643&stc=1&d=1461858023

I didnt expect it to be that "greenish", but its very sticky and viscous...but I must say that its NOT as viscous as the grease used in my X52 pro throttle anyway so Im not sure if there is a more viscous nyogle but I would give it a try for sure...but again the good thing is this one REALLY WORKS!! not as the chinesse one. It also provides that "hydraulic" feeling as if the stick has an own damping feedback...really nice specially with very small movements near the center...

So guys now you know, nyogelis the way to go!!:thumbup:

Note: For some reason, despite I correctly typed "nyogel", the text in the post shows the word as "nyogle"...WTF?¿?¿?¿?

20160428_170517.thumb.jpg.49f45bc69179c02e31722a100644302e.jpg

Congrats on the Nyogel :) There is actually an even more viscous version(774VH). I've never tried it though. 767A works well enough for me.

Yes mate!! its the joy's best friend now!!:lol:...I think I will also purchase someday the 774VH you mentioned, I think it has to be even better than 767a...thanks dude for your help!!:thumbup:

• 8 months later...

I registered on the forums only to post here as this seems to be the best thread on this topic on the net.

So far I have applied the grease 'stolen' from the throttle on the stick (X 52 Pro). It really is wonderful.

Questions:

watermanpc, are you still content with the Nyogel 767A after 8 months?

Is it as good as the grease in the throttle?

The Nyogel is quite expensive to order to my country so I want to make sure if I want that or a new stick.

Hi mate!!, thanks for the compliment about the thread, and welcome to forums!:thumbup:

Im glad the little "trick" is working for you too ;)...a few weeks ago (after 7 months or so) I had a problem with my X52 pro and I decided to get rid of it (now I own a warthog for a few days only) but the Nyogel was still working like a charm!!!! after all this time without reappliying a single time :thumbup: (and I just used a ridiculously small amount of it) ...in my experience, its very slightly worse than the grease in the x52 throttle, but just because the one in the throttle is a bit thicker.

Anyway, there is another Nyogel grease with a higher level of damping and viscosity factor if you want to try (you cant go wrong with it) cant remember the name now, sorry (774H??), but the 767a should be more than enough although I would go for the extreme damping one if I had to choose now and if I dont own the 767a...but I do insist, 767a works AMAZINGLY and will make your stick smooth as butter and last incredibly long, I just guess it would even be better a bit more because I love the feeling it delivers but not because the 767a is not working perfectly!!:thumbup:

In fact, after just a few days using my new warthog, Im already experiencing some sticktion so I guess in a few weeks I'll be ready to use my loved 767a again!!!:D:megalol:

Bye mate!! I hope I've helped you! ;)

Edited by watermanpc
  • Like 1

I've been preaching about Nyogel for years here - finally more people are noticing :) Warthog's gimbal suddenly lives up to its potential with this lube.

Heh, same here. There's nothing like it. I've been making friction mechanisms like this http://imgur.com/a/ixi64 since 2012 and took me a while to find proper damping grease to make it work, and it's called Nyogel 767a. I'm now waiting on a sample of Nyogel PG44A, which is the one-up heavier version of 767a.

Here's a few demo vids I use to explain what this stuff is.

${1}

${1}

I've spent a lot of time on various forums on my soapbox, though a lot of Warthog users cling to their Molykote EM30L for some reason. Nyogel lubricates every bit as good as Molykote, but Molykote is definitely not a damping grease and this is a critical element for input devices with moving parts.

Edited by Thadiun Okona

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the Nyogel 767A, love this stuff! Putting it on all my sticks. I tried some Molykote44 earlier but that stuff was just horrific, lots of sticktion, worse than stock on the warthog. Maybe the EM30L is better. Cant beat the feel of this stuff though. Will probably need an ever heavier one for my ms FFB as it has 2.5kg weights on it.

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

Ok, after a few more days I just ordered the real Nyogle 767a and today the thing arrived...IT WORKS!!!!:thumbup: Finally!!!!...this is the nyogel I got:

attachment.php?attachmentid=139643&stc=1&d=1461858023

I didnt expect it to be that "greenish", but its very sticky and viscous...but I must say that its NOT as viscous as the grease used in my X52 pro throttle anyway so Im not sure if there is a more viscous nyogle but I would give it a try for sure...but again the good thing is this one REALLY WORKS!! not as the chinesse one. It also provides that "hydraulic" feeling as if the stick has an own damping feedback...really nice specially with very small movements near the center...

So guys now you know, nyogelis the way to go!!:thumbup:

Note: For some reason, despite I correctly typed "nyogel", the text in the post shows the word as "nyogle"...WTF?¿?¿?¿?

I'm in contact with OverReady (almost certainly where you bought that tube), and they are going to get me some PG44a to play with. It's the super heavy version of this grease, where 767a is the regular heavy.

I'll post about it when I have some to mess with.

I'm in contact with OverReady (almost certainly where you bought that tube), and they are going to get me some PG44a to play with. It's the super heavy version of this grease, where 767a is the regular heavy.

Nice!

When do you think you get it?

I don't see PG44a officially sold on their website. Do you think they can send a sample to Europe too?

Nice!

When do you think you get it?

I don't see PG44a officially sold on their website. Do you think they can send a sample to Europe too?

Dunno, I have to contact them again and see where we're at but I'm pretty sure once they get me some they will be stocking it as well and once I test it I will likely be recommending it to folk in some cases. No one stocks it yet anywhere, which makes it pretty hard to test!

Not sure if you know what I had to go through just to get Nyogel 767a back on the market, but the world supply was fully diminished (except one overpriced supplier of 100g tubes in the UK and Nye's overpriced direct option) and until I bugged a supplier enough times (took a few months) to put in an order big enough to Nye Lubricants for them to fire up the factory and make a new batch. Once that happened, MicroMark and Overready (and other sellers) were able to stock back up and have been supplying it since.

Overready knew who I was by the time I contacted them about PG44a, because I'd sent so many people to their site that they started wondering why they were having trouble keeping this funny grease in stock and they were told about some joystick nut sending them there..

..and they had already updated the wording on their site to include HOTAS as its prime use :p

Dunno, I have to contact them again and see where we're at but I'm pretty sure once they get me some they will be stocking it as well and once I test it I will likely be recommending it to folk in some cases. No one stocks it yet anywhere, which makes it pretty hard to test!

Not sure if you know what I had to go through just to get Nyogel 767a back on the market, but the world supply was fully diminished (except one overpriced supplier of 100g tubes in the UK and Nye's overpriced direct option) and until I bugged a supplier enough times (took a few months) to put in an order big enough to Nye Lubricants for them to fire up the factory and make a new batch. Once that happened, MicroMark and Overready (and other sellers) were able to stock back up and have been supplying it since.

Overready knew who I was by the time I contacted them about PG44a, because I'd sent so many people to their site that they started wondering why they were having trouble keeping this funny grease in stock and they were told about some joystick nut sending them there..

..and they had already updated the wording on their site to include HOTAS as its prime use :p

LOL

If you make PG44a stocked, you'll be one of my two 'dampening grease for hotas' heroes. The other one is watermanpc for starting this thread that google can find.

WOW!!! that sounds AMAZING Thadiun Okona!!:thumbup::thumbup: looking forward to read your results about the PG44a ...also, many thanks Black_Sab for your nice comments about me and this thread!! Im glad its been so useful for you :):) ...

lets see how the PG44a works...damn, Im so tempted to grease my brand new warthog :cry: , but I cant yet hahah :D

• 2 years later...

First of all Happy New Year!

So...did you have the chance to try PG44a? I'm in search of appropriate damping grease for improving my Cougar TQS's performance and feel and any such information is appreciated!