Normandy Map Discussion

Lenux

I have some questions off map optics.

I thought the entire normandy map will be a module like the nevada map. But I read many contradictory statements about this project and I didnt find reliable answers yet.

Will this map be part of DCS World or will it be a seperate software?

Will the WW2-planes, I already purchased, be compatible with the map, if DCS WW2 will be a seperate software?

Will this map be for free? Sounds like a stupid question, I know, but I read this and I can't imagine

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

• ED Team
I have some questions off map optics.

I thought the entire normandy map will be a module like the nevada map. But I read many contradictory statements about this project and I didnt find reliable answers yet.

Will the WW2-planes, I already purchased, be compatible with the map, if DCS WW2 will be a seperate software?

Will this map be for free? Sounds like a stupid question, I know, but I read this and I can't imagine

It will be part of DCS World, all modules should be compatible with it, and its only free to those that were part of the kickstarter campaign, and earned it as a freebie. That's the current info we have right now.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Part of DCS World.

All your planes will be compatible as should all be one package. Even if it does end up a separate package for some reason all your planes will still be compatible.

Only free for those who backed at the appropriate level in the kickstarter campaign. Everybody else will have to pay. I would imagine that it'll be priced similarly to the Nevada map but no confirmation yet obviously.

This is one the best things with DCS. It's expensive, but all content is cumulative. Even the A-10C (5 years old) is still evolving and one of the most important planes in DCS. So you are never wasting money. Its just getting bigger and bigger.

Edited by PicksKing
edited for 1.1
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

We dont know what if any naval assets we might get with the WWII AI and objects yet, but any naval asset should be place-able in the waters of the Normandy Map.

Yes, but will work skip bombig??? in caucaso map, no

Yes, but will work skip bombig??? in caucaso map, no

That has nothing to do with the map. It's not supported by the DCS engine and so it won't work on any map.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

That has nothing to do with the map. It's not supported by the DCS engine and so it won't work on any map.

:huh::huh::(:(:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I hope in the future yes, right now, no.

i hope too, but sounds bad to a new WWII map

:huh::huh::(:(:cry::cry::cry::cry:

i hope too, but sounds bad to a new WWII map

I suspect that many of us feel the same and that this is part of the reason, along with many others, why WWII popularity in DCS is very slow at the moment. There are lots of us watching and waiting and hoping. I am not launching into purchasing lots of aircraft models yet, as the general flying environment, including air-to-air visibility, has yet to deliver or fill me with confidence for the future; meanwhile, I am mostly flying other WWII simulations and I am just living in hope regarding DCS at the moment :(

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

what about the release date?

this summer, maybe?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

what about the release date?

this summer, maybe?

Good question. I fear they will shift it to 2017. Remember past releases.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
thanks, but its means yes?

This mean map is a landscape, flora, buildings... things like that. But we have a lot of different WWII units in production (spoiler: AI bombers as well) . So WWII units will not be a part of Normandy or any other map, but will be available for all maps.

but will be available for all maps.

Hey, great news :thumbup: I'm sure these units and objects will come in handy regardless of the map one is using.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I can't wait to fly modern fighters on this WWII map. Finally a European landscape.

Ha ha that's just wrong. I challenge you to a Guns Only fight against my P51D.

• Like 1

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10