Normandy Map Discussion

Lenux

• ED Team
So at a guess, and as it's releasing before 2.5, it will be added to DCS World 2.x.x along with the NTTR map or for those without the NTTR they would just install 2.x.x and have just the Normandy map installed?

Seems the most logical solution to me anyways......

I dont have any info on this, but yes, that seems like the most logical direction. 2.0.X. is the only public version currently that can handle multiple maps.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I dont have any info on this, but yes, that seems like the most logical direction. 2.0.X. is the only public version currently that can handle multiple maps.

Thanks SiTh.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I would think about buying everyone at ED candy and roses for Valentines day if we had Pre- purchase.. or...(gasp)... early access to Normandy by then. :megalol::lol::pilotfly:

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is indeed just the cropping of the image. Most likely, the cropped area is the higher detailed area.

Thx for the Info the Area that was cropped out of the Pictures is not that Important compare to South England.

Was not the intention to Judge anything down even now the West End of the Map wouldn't Exist what is apparently not the truth it go in the right Direction of Expansion for good WW2 Future :thumbup:

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

I wish it could be released along with 2.5, to see those beautiful effects!

From what I hear it will be out on early access with 2.0.0 so those effects will be there :thumbup:

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Racoon,

You are a superstar :thumbup: Thank you so much for the work, passion and dedication you are putting into this map. As a rule I don't give rep to ED team members, but in your case you have positive rep and many many thanks from me. South of England, yes!! :)

I am getting more and more faith in the DCS WWII project; thank you ED Team!

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

I doubt it will hold anything up, the map will be early access, so it shouldnt be expected to be complete when it comes out in that form.

Yes, nice to hear. Nevada released in a wonderfully way in my opinion. Don't hold release and add to it later down the line. I like the new additions to it.

Thank you Racoon, it shows you guy are full steam on this project and I appreciate the efforts been made by everyone. Keep those pic coming, yo!!!

Specs: i7-4790K @4.00 ghz, EVGA 2080ti , 16GB ram, Samsung 512GB SSD x2.

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2

Will the White Cliffs of Dover be added to the map.:music_whistling:

Yey pretty sure down the Way, don't think south England is the detailed Erea now was new edited only for gameplay option for take off Landing.

I see the first Thread incomming why is so low Poly south England :megalol:

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being handled the way Tonopah etc were handled in Nevada with it just being airfields now and then more detail later on.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Just having that portion of England is great news. There should be some white cliffs towards the western edge of the map.

If it is low res, that's fine with me. I have a feeling though that Normandy will represent another step forward in terms of terrain. I also suspect we'll see it released only when it is pretty much complete.

• ED Team
Not sure if you guys can answer this question, maybe using the google earth, but, Racoon,

What's the distance between Chailey and Maupertus? Just to have a better idea of how far the coasts are from each other.

guessing around 100 miles / 160.934km

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2