Normandy Map Discussion

Lenux

Wow,no words here. I promised a day one support for sure. Just hope this doesn't get out of hand.

Specs: i7-4790K @4.00 ghz, EVGA 2080ti , 16GB ram, Samsung 512GB SSD x2.

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2

Look guys, my money is important to me as well. I have a family, I just bought a house in one of the most expensive markets in North America. So I understand we dont want to part with it when we dont have to. But the quality and effort going into these things is going to be worth it. DLCs are just the way things happen nowadays... I dont have many games anymore that I havent spent extra on... ask my wife... she loves it... not.

So before we go off the rails, let it soak in, look at that list, and see what ED is giving you, then decide.

As a side note, if you want to post right away, remember we have rules, you are allowed an opinion, but you are not allowed to break the rules expressing that opinion. Calling people names or throwing a tantrum wasnt acceptable in kindergarten and its not acceptable here.

In my humble opinion, I am not really questioning the price of the package... I am however quite skeptical about the sale of the map and unit pack as separate entities. I think it's a safe assumption that someone who buys Normandy will de facto want to buy WW2 units as well; selling a Normandy + WW2 assets bundle as a standard package is a no-brainer. For me, at least.

Don't get me wrong, I think the price is fair and comparable to what we paid for NTTR. But like Bounder said, the splitting of the multiplayer community base is a very real issue. Normandy is being marketed as a WW2-era map with WW2-era airports and scenery. I do not believe expecting the map to contain era-specific units out of the box is unreasonable. The necessity for a one-size-fits-all package stems from a desire put all Normandy users on equal ground and streamline/facilitate interactions within the playerbase.

Edited by Charly_Owl
  • Like 1

Done! :)

Bundle pack of Normandy map and WWII assets will be available for $47.99.

Negativ :(

-> "The DCS: Normandy Map and the DCS: World War II Assets Pack will be available as a 20%-off, pre-purchase bundle for $47.99. Upon release in late April 2017, the DCS: Normandy 1944 Map and DCS: World War II Assets Pack bundle will be sold for $59.99, and the stand-alone DCS: Normandy 1944 Map for $44.99 and the stand-alone DCS: World War II Assets pack for $29.99."

i mean, ed shouldnt splitt the map in two solds.

if u preorder, u buy for 47.99 - rgr that.

if not .... this is what i not like.

for me, the costumer, i dont know in future are more splittings ?

like:

pay for soh-map

pay for bullets

pay for missiles

maybe for fuel ?

sry, a little to much.....but this are my toughts :noexpression:

-> "The DCS: Normandy Map and the DCS: World War II Assets Pack will be available as a 20%-off, pre-purchase bundle for $47.99. Upon release in late April 2017, the DCS: Normandy 1944 Map and DCS: World War II Assets Pack bundle will be sold for $59.99, and the stand-alone DCS: Normandy 1944 Map for $44.99 and the stand-alone DCS: World War II Assets pack for $29.99."

like:

pay for soh-map

pay for bullets

pay for missiles

maybe for fuel ?

OK, so for Nevada its $50 without new asset models, and out of pre-sale this is $60 with extra assets, where is the problem, cause I don't see it. Just ignore the sold separately options and buy the bundle. Either buy it for $50, or wait and buy it for $60, seems like a deal either way. You are making this more of a big deal than it needs to be.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

• ED Team
In my humble opinion, I am not really questioning the price of the package... I am however quite skeptical about the sale of the map and unit pack as separate entities. I think it's a safe assumption that someone who buys Normandy will de facto want to buy WW2 units as well; selling a Normandy + WW2 assets bundle as a standard package is a no-brainer. For me, at least.

Don't get me wrong, I think the price is fair and comparable to what we paid for NTTR. But like Bounder said, the splitting of the multiplayer community base is a very real issue. Normandy is being marketed as a WW2-era map with WW2-era airports and scenery. I do not believe expecting the map to contain era-specific units out of the box is unreasonable. The necessity for a one-size-fits-all package stems from a desire put all Normandy users on equal ground and streamline/facilitate interactions within the playerbase.

I think Sith has gone over this before, but here it is from my mouth:

We will have three purchase option to give customers, well… options. I’m sure most will go for the pre-purchase bundle option which includes the map and assets pack and is still less than the NTTR map. It’s best deal and makes the most sense for both single player and MP customers that are looking for the WWII experience. However, there will be a few people who want the map but not the units, and some that want the units but the map. The stand-alone options cater to those folks.

As mentioned though, a massive amount of time and cost has gone into, and will continue to go into, the assets pack. As the DCSW base is a freeware product, there must be means to recoup development costs at that level (aircraft modules are a different matter). It’s not a case of being greedy or anything like that. It’s a simple matter of having at least neutral ROI in which we can keep the lights on and develop future products. There is only so much we can give away for free.

• Like 2

Will this be permanent or just part of the pre-order bundle?

The DCS: Normandy Map and the DCS: World War II Assets Pack will be available as a 20%-off, pre-purchase bundle for $47.99. Upon release in late April 2017, the DCS: Normandy 1944 Map and DCS: World War II Assets Pack bundle will be sold for $59.99.

:)

• ED Team
Will this be permanent or just part of the pre-order bundle?

DCS: World War II Assets Pack bundle will be sold for $59.99 after pre-purchase is over

The DCS: Normandy Map and the DCS: World War II Assets Pack will be available as a 20%-off, pre-purchase bundle for $47.99. Upon release in late April 2017, the DCS: Normandy 1944 Map and DCS: World War II Assets Pack bundle will be sold for $59.99, and the stand-alone DCS: Normandy 1944 Map for $44.99 and the stand-alone DCS: World War II Assets pack for $29.99.

Note: Those that took part in the DCS: World War II Kickstarter campaign, and provided a high enough contribution to receive the Normandy map, will receive the assets pack for free.

Can not wait to see more users flying around Normandy with me, it is a great map lots of fun, and well worth the price.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

like:

pay for soh-map

pay for bullets

pay for missiles

maybe for fuel ?

If the timing is bad for you to take advantage of the per-purcahse bundle price, I'd just wait for a sale. Our director LOVES bundle deals :)

Then buy the bundle pack when in pre-purchase, which is less than the cost of the Nevada map, and basically includes the Assets Pack for free.

and dont forget guys, RRG-Ilya wanted to realize this DCS-Normandy project as a completely seperated program in 2014

thanks to God (and to ED) things and plans have changed since that time. this is how great when everything is subject to change :D

who paid $20 or more 3 years ago will get not only flyable aircrafts and the map but some nice and new 3D models as well now

in May we will be able to use modern vehicles and aircrafts over this Normandy map too

so who want to buy the map only won't get bored for sure

however i think that asset pack will worth that price. we had some conversations and polls about this "paid 3D models" few years ago and i am happy now how we are getting the opportunity to expand the numbers of the detailed 3D models of DCSW (what we will able to use by Combined Arms too, hopefully)

full price $30 is not so high for 30-40 detailed 3D models, especially for 10 new aircrafts :bounce:

Edited by NRG-Vampire
$20 or more
  • Like 2

sign-pic4.jpg

excuse me for my 2 questions, what is bundle pack? and when can we start to buy this cool map?

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

excuse me for my 2 questions, what is bundle pack? and when can we start to buy this cool map?

Bundle pack : Normandy map + Asset Pack...for $48 till end of April

Pre-purchase will start this Friday, hopefully :smartass:

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

• ED Team

A bundle is simply two or more products combined under a single, reduced price.

Per-purchase availability will be announced in this week's Newsletter.

• Like 1

where do we click to make the pre-purchase ??

Pre-Purchase information will probably be in Friday's Newsletter.

Come join a passionate community of flight simmers everyday, live at

16hnv2f.png

PC Specs

Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7

Corsair Vengeance LED 2666MHz 32GB DDR4

H115i 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

EVGA GeForce 980Ti Hybrid (built-in liquid cooling)

EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+Gold

Samsung NVMe 950PRO M.2 SSD 512GBx2