Leatherneck Q1 Development Update - Part I

Cobra847

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes he said one day this last week.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

In most of the world, Sunday is the last day of the week.

You sure about that? It that a European thing? Or is that actually the case? Because I've never seen a calendar that has Sunday as the last day of the week.

Edit: wow, in hindsight I shouldn't have mentioned anything...

Edited by Patchwork
What did I start?

Hate to burst your bubble on this, but according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Week

First Day Sunday:

Canada, USA, China, Japan, Israel, South Africa, most of Latin America

First Day Monday:

EU and most of other European countries, most of Asia and Oceania

First Day Saturday:

Much of the Middle East

So most of the word IS actually starting the calendar week on Sunday.

:music_whistling:

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I hate to burst your bubble TA, but the world's day begins and ends in Europe, so the week starts when we say so. What the rest of you do is your own affair of course!

Please, let's not get started on culture and what is right and wrong here, it'll never end!

I hate to burst your bubble TA, but the world's day begins and ends in Europe, so the week starts when we say so. What the rest of you do is your own affair of course!

Please, let's not get started on culture and what is right and wrong here, it'll never end!

... they must have moved the international date line recently while I wasn't watching. ;)

international-date-line.jpg.f34e906501fd2399e286fbe623cd254d.jpg

out of topic and nombrilist comment. Please keep the thread clean of such supremacists comments like "so the week starts when we say so". To your general culture, pacific countries celebrate new year before us, years start there before here.

Hate to burst your bubble on this, but according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Week

First Day Sunday:

Canada, USA, China, Japan, Israel, South Africa, most of Latin America

First Day Monday:

EU and most of other European countries, most of Asia and Oceania

First Day Saturday:

Much of the Middle East

So most of the word IS actually starting the calendar week on Sunday.

:music_whistling:

The ISO 8601 system that was "developed" set the International standard to be Monday as the first day of the week.

So while nations may differ / have their own calenders the International standard is Monday as first day.

Thats why most International services have Monday as the First day of the week.

And also Wiki is not always Reliable.

Since on the same Page as you got ur info on China using Sunday as the first day.

There is this picture.

863px-First_Day_of_Week_World_Map.svg.png

(BLUE is Sunday= First Day Yellow Is Monday = First Day Green = Saturday = First Day And)

And in that picture (that is right new to where you find ur info about which nations using what systems) China is in Yellow = Saying China uses Monday as first day of the week.

Green is Mainly For Muslim Countries as Saturday is the first day of the week in The Islamic Calender.

And grey is probably either or its just that they have no official system but maby use different systems depending on communities etc.

So its unclear if the Picture or the text is the correct one =P.

We dont happen to have anyone from China here do we? xD.

If Sunday were the first day of the week, then it wouldn't be part of the weekend. However, Sunday IS part of the weekend, making the beginning Monday.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

If Sunday were the first day of the week, then it wouldn't be part of the weekend. However, Sunday IS part of the weekend, making the beginning Monday.

Well not all Nations are as logical as us Europeans ^^

But lets back to the Topic and lets leave this week day Discussion =P.

Well not all Nations are as logical as us Europeans ^^

But lets back to the Topic and lets leave this week day Discussion =P.

Yes, in fact you are so logical that you are argueing over when a week starts, no one even cares when the week starts or which day is the first day of the week, we live by the same weeks we call the days the same way... But ofcourse you would need to question it, to attemp to show your dominance over the Americas. Seems like you still have some nationalism in you from the 19th and 20th century.

"If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing." -Chuck Yeager.

Yes, in fact you are so logical that you are argueing over when a week starts, no one even cares when the week starts or which day is the first day of the week, we live by the same weeks we call the days the same way... But ofcourse you would need to question it, to attemp to show your dominance over the Americas. Seems like you still have some nationalism in you from the 19th and 20th century.

You are argueing with the wrong guy. It wasn't him who said

the world's day begins and ends in Europe, so the week starts when we say so. What the rest of you do is your own affair of course!

Just let it go. When the update will be posted here we will get it all at the same time. it doesnt matter when the week starts :)

If you consider the weekend to be the ends of the week like book ends then it makes sense. A loaf of bread has two ends, one end at the start and one end at the finish.