Leatherneck Q1 Development Update - Part I

Cobra847

Thanks for the update, really looking forward to release :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part 2 focuses on the Tomcat and drops next week.

I hope we will get AJS 37 viggen news before part 2 =P.

If its not gonna be included there.

Since we had it leaked (from steam) in november (and confirmed shortly after) we have had confirmations from ed (aswell as them stating it should release first half of 2016) but still no Official thread by you guys =P.

Im really waiting for the official announcement / Pictures as soon as you guys have it ready =P.

Since while im not that excited about the F-14 personally the Viggen is something i will Pre-order on day one and a aircraft i will fly hundreds if not thousands of hours =P.

So pretty Please :wub:

Give us an update/announcement as soon as you possibly can.

Damn, what a hell of an update (and it's just part one!)! Looks like you guys are about to raise the bar again, not just within DCS but for the entire flight sim world! :thumbup:

Can't wait!!! :joystick:

I'm just curious about the amount of downsizing to get a decent performance. :music_whistling:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

+1

Lovely to see everything and so strange that the Elephant in the Room is never mentioned?

I hope we will get AJS 37 viggen news before part 2 =P.

If its not gonna be included there.

Since we had it leaked (from steam) in november (and confirmed shortly after) we have had confirmations from ed (aswell as them stating it should release first half of 2016) but still no Official thread by you guys =P.

Im really waiting for the official announcement / Pictures as soon as you guys have it ready =P.

Since while im not that excited about the F-14 personally the Viggen is something i will Pre-order on day one and a aircraft i will fly hundreds if not thousands of hours =P.

So pretty Please :wub:

Give us an update/announcement as soon as you possibly can.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Great update Cobra! The wing, spoiler and flaps animation are true works of art! Looks just like the real thing. Outstanding!

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Thanks for the update! Really looking forward to see all of this happen!

I just have one question - will there ever be the announced Sound for the MiG21? I know it is still beta, but you told us you will implement the sound with the new DCS Soundengine in EDGE. Do you wait until the product is merged with 2.5?

Real-time physic calculations are as of now still not possible to do with current technology, so LN implements a detailed "look-up table" system with the control logic system separately looking at the solution of that table system

Anyway, that is what I get from reading the text

Leatherneck Studio are my favourite third party developers and they still are by the look of this update. I absoluetly adore the Mig-21 and it's probably my favourite aircraft to fly.

I am so excited to fly the tomcat and any other aircraft LNS bring out. I'm so glad that we have these guys working on DCS and are able to bring us some good updates on the work they are doing. I also like what you guys said about the carrier you're working on. From what I've heard the carriers ED are working on might be payware (I could be wrong) but in my opinion they should not be as it will just seperate the community. Anway, great work as always!

This is great news on the development of the Tomcat. I want to ask? Since there currently is no AirtoGround FCS(to my knowledge) in DCS how do you go about developing those functions ? Or is the code simply(...) ED's "responsibility" to give out to 3rd parties if they desire to build a platform that need a AirToGround radar. Was it the same story when you worked on the Fishbed?

The radar in the MIG-21Bis is a very good representation and I can not believe if you have to invent the wheel twice so to speak- for the Viggens FCS

PS. (I want Tomcat as much as you want to release it)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great stuff the F-14 looks like it is developing nicely - there is obvious attention to detail and a focus on the "experience" of it all rather than the "spectacle" if you know what I mean - it's the well detailed and functional systems not just a "high poly F-14! go forth and blow crap up!"

Can't wait for a Viggen announcement! Or the Zero you are working on.. oops i mean unnamed other aircraft.

attachment.php?attachmentid=137723&d=1459513307

Saab_37_640.jpg.bde04d49e631987eefbc634ab009c634.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64