Campaign reverts to previous mission on failure

Hey, I've been having a problem wherein the campaign reverts to the previous mission on failure instead of re-playing the failed mission. I can understand jumping to a different mission, wherein your failure has had Bad Effects on your side of the campaign, but dropping back to the previous mission is just annoying.

Is this something we could get patched, or am I going to need to fix it myself?

• ED Team

Which mission are you on?

Bridgehead is the beginning, if you fail bridgehead you go into the minus phase of seven missions, until you get to bridgehead again and then continue on until the ambush mission and the remaining plus phase missions.

Edit: I did have a diagram that was given to me explaining it when I was testing, I will see if I can dig it out

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

your image is broken, it says i need permission to view.

Also, I have failed both the 1st and 2nd missions. first mission failure has me play first mission again, second mission drops me back to first. Does not seem to be progressing on to "failure" missions.

• ED Team

fixed image, take a look at the progression image above, it should explain what is going on

if you are struggling use the immortal setting in gameplay options, I did when I was testing it, I suck with the blackshark :)

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
ah, so the first three are supposed to go directly backwards in the event of mission failure. Makes sense now.

correct, but do not feel bad, I had the same question when I was testing it :)