MiG-15/F-86 Campaign Announcement

I think we have the talent. There could be some additional features added to the mission builder engine to expand/improve scripts, etc. but we have some guys that are very good. I don't think that is our issue.

Honestly, I believe that once we see third party devs start pumping out new maps/theatres then this platform is going to really going to go HUGE. And I think it is a question WHEN this happens, not if.

I will say this about multiplayer campaign functionality. F4 is not going to be reborn here ever, but there is one small improvement that is simply BEGGING to be incorporated into these missions, and that is campaign persistent mission outcome flags. We have them now but the values are not persistent from mission to mission within a campaign, and so the values are not read by the following mission. As it is now, you can only use 'mission score' as the sole determinate of which mission is flown next. Needs more than that. If village A & B are overrun by BLUE, then red units in A & B would be scripted to not appear in villages A&B. Hell, a really ambitious mission builder could even script in a couple burnt out tanks or trucks in those two village, per that condition.

That alone would allow us to have dozens and dozen of possible combinations of outcomes for each level of the campaign ladder, which would in turn allow a good builder to create a living moving FLOT on the battlefield. I promise folks would pay for that and it in fact, over time, it might become the standard by which add-on campaigns are measured. Right now all we have is "next mission selected by overall score of previous mission". That is adequate but nothing compared to what could be with just that one little improvement.

Edited by Ripcord

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, for the author of this project, big respect and keep going. I might buy it anyway, just to support.

Just would LOVE this thing (and would fly the hell out of it) if we could actually recreate a 1950's Korean theater.

Just would LOVE this thing (and would fly the hell out of it) if we could actually recreate a 1950's Korean theater.

Sure but it in this case it would be a completely different campaign... Proper Korean war content will come eventually I guess.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If village A & B are overrun by BLUE, then red units in A & B would be scripted to not appear in villages A&B. Hell, a really ambitious mission builder could even script in a couple burnt out tanks or trucks in those two village, per that condition.

That alone would allow us to have dozens and dozen of possible combinations of outcomes for each level of the campaign ladder, which would in turn allow a good builder to create a living moving FLOT on the battlefield.

Working on something like this.

Using the existing scoring system? Or some new method of transferring flags or persistent data from one mission to the next?

EDIT: Probably we should move some of this discussion to a new thread and stop hijacking this fellow's announcement thread (I am at fault here). I very much support what this guy is doing.

Edited by Ripcord

• 3 weeks later...
Having watched Bunyaps videos, I'm sold on this one. It will be a good excuse to fly the F-86 and Mig 15 more, something I really should be making an effort to do...
Ya, I always get inspired after watching a Bunyap video. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I would have watched your tutorial on my instrument check a few weeks ago. Good news, though. I passed!

I probably won't be able to do the campaign immediately once it's released due to training, but I will as soon as I'm able.

Skylake 6600K(4.5GHz) | EVGA GTX970 FTW | 16GB 2666 DDR4 Corsair Vengeance | MSI Z170A Krait | Windows 10 (64bit) | X52 Pro | TrackIR 5

Hawk T.1A | F-15C | F-86F | UH-1H | A-10C | P-51D | F-5E | M-2000C

USAF Pilot w/ T-6/T-38 Time

Hey Fishnuts, Congrats !!!! that is not the easiest check ride. Good luck with what's ahead on the road. In all honesty, i failed that checkride twice :/ long story short, instructor didn't teach me diddly squat, and he got fired for it. When it came time for the CFII i was determined to prove to myself that I could pass without a hitch, and did. Still though, 2 failures on my record sucks.

Haha, Edawg109, your second post; and on my thread. I'm honored (second post in 5 years though ... you forgot your sign-in name??? lol) Happy to hear that you checked out the tutorial video.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone with the kind words and the shared excitement. I can finally say something with regards to a release date. For those who didn't see this last week, Wags posted it in the "DCS World 1.5 and 2.0 Discussion" thread:

This Friday we hope to release 1.5.4 into the open beta. If after a week we see no blocking bugs in 1.5.4 OB, we will move it to the public build the following Friday.

Once 1.5.4 is released to the public build, we plan to release the F-86F / MiG-15bis 3rd party campaign.

As we all know, 1.5.4 when beta last firday. So if all goes well, and the beta is spruced up enough for the public release, then this should be coming along with it!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

• 3 weeks later...

If you read it carefully, you'll see that it says once the 1.54 update has gone to the release version.

As we have just had a patch to 1.5.4 release to rectify some bugs, I'd say that the conditions have only just been met, and so you can expect to see some movement on this in the not too distant future.

What happened, is you jumped the gun, that's all.

• 2 weeks later...
If you read it carefully, you'll see that it says once the 1.54 update has gone to the release version.

As we have just had a patch to 1.5.4 release to rectify some bugs, I'd say that the conditions have only just been met, and so you can expect to see some movement on this in the not too distant future.

What happened, is you jumped the gun, that's all.

So did I still jump the gun on this with 2 or 3 patches to the 1.5.4 that went live or are we still on the wait. I'm pretty sure I read that right as it being after the patch went from beta to live and not 3 or 4 patches after. :)

Maybe ED can give us an update? I don't want this to fall to the wastelands.

The campaign has been published, but something's not clear to me : It says 'The DCS: MiG-15bis and DCS: F-86F Sabre are required to be installed and activated into the DCS World 1.5 for the campaign.'

I thought only one of these planes was required. Was I wrong ? Any body has further information, please ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can see in DCS e-shop that both Mig-21 and F-86 are out of beta but can't see anything about campaign for them. Is the "Museum Relic" campaign the only available one?

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

The campaign has been published, but something's not clear to me : It says 'The DCS: MiG-15bis and DCS: F-86F Sabre are required to be installed and activated into the DCS World 1.5 for the campaign.'

I thought only one of these planes was required. Was I wrong ? Any body has further information, please ?

THIS ^^^

Would really love to know as well, as I have been eagerly anticipating this campaign but I don't own nor do I want to buy the MiG-15...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

29 October 2009

CGNR-1705 / USMC Cobra

Semper Memoria, Semper Vigilens

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I couldn't be more excited to see that the campaign has finally released. And I am working to see if I can find those answers to your questions about the verbiage of the release (whether you need both aircraft or not)

Once the sub-folder for the campaign is created in the "DLC Campaign's" section, I'll make a post that has links to all sorts of helpful resources. Those resources will initially include larger downloadable mission briefings for every page to every mission, and also a video walk-thru for one of the more challenging missions later in the campaign.

Thanks again everyone!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

Owning most of the other campaigns I have to say I`d love this one in my collection too, just hope you can split them up, not really interested in buying an F-86F that I`l never fly... Other than that, having gone through your backstory pdf`s, you got talent sir :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I couldn't be more excited to see that the campaign has finally released. And I am working to see if I can find those answers to your questions about the verbiage of the release (whether you need both aircraft or not)

Thanks again everyone!

Thanks to you, Apache :)

Looking forward to play it with the Sabre, possibly without having to buy the MiG-15.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]